You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Continental drift.

Because if they competed in Asia (or Middle East song contest) they couldn't be drawn against Arab states because the majority deny the existence of Israel. And are swron to her destruction.

Israel vs Syria in a qualifier- how would that go over? Considering the murder of Israeli atheletes at the Munich Olympics. No matter what side of the debate you are on with regards to Israel, by having Israel play qualifiers against hostile Arab states would not do anyone any good- it'd just be a recipe for more misery.

Continental drift.

Because if they competed in Asia (or Middle East song contest) they couldn't be drawn against Arab states because the majority deny the existence of Israel. And are swron to her destruction.

Israel vs Syria in a qualifier- how would that go over? Considering the murder of Israeli atheletes at the Munich Olympics. No matter what side of the debate you are on with regards to Israel, by having Israel play qualifiers against hostile Arab states would not do anyone any good- it'd just be a recipe for more misery.

Shallk we invite North Korea into the Euro's? They are hated by their neighbours too. I don't think why they should be in the lucrative Champions League and Arab countries not.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Shallk we invite North Korea into the Euro's? They are hated by their neighbours too. I don't think why they should be in the lucrative Champions League and Arab countries not.

"Hans Brix? Oh no! Oh, herro. Great to see you again, Hans!"

Sensible answer no 2 - Because the alternative scenario sees them compete against other nations in the Middle East.

Not a Good Idea.

Why? They've won all previous contests against the other middle eastern countries. :whistle:

• 10 years later...

being allowed to the contest isn’t about geography but about membership of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU); every country which is a member state is eligible to take part. And since both Israel and Armenia are members of the EBU (despite being outside the continental borders) they are therefore eligible to take part in the contest.

Other countries have also been invited such as Australia. 

• Upvote 1

Just the whites then?

Id not murder them Id just take away their us uk support nipples that breeds them like rats and watch them wither back their aggression and like any bullies mate when the bully is off starts to see their real place in things.

Isrealis are a victim too in that they are there for usas strategic control of the middle east and have been sold a lie.

But yeah fuck em.

• Downvote 1

Just the whites then?

Id not murder them Id just take away their us uk support nipples that breeds them like rats and watch them wither back their aggression and like any bullies mate when the bully is off starts to see their real place in things.

Isrealis are a victim too in that they are there for usas strategic control of the middle east and have been sold a lie.

But yeah fuck em.

You really should know better than referring to jews as "rats".

• Downvote 1

I know, I can't believe I'm defending him either, but as an Israel hater myself it doesn't pay to be sloppy with the language.  I have no issue with Jews per se, in the same way I have no issue with the Muslims and the Christians.  Systematic and cynical brutalisation, humiliation, destruction, thievery and dehumanisation and genocide as widely supported - and implemented - government policy does rankle a bit though, I have to say.  

• Upvote 3

Sure, I agree with some of your stance re Israel the state. Him using the same animal that Nazi used to refer to the Jewish people in their propaganda is at best ignorant, and at worst evil.

perhaps he's reflecting on the way Israel regards the Palestinians in much the same way as the Germans regarded the Jews.  Less than human.  Certainly less than them.  

• Upvote 1