You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PTS Scheme

Rashid

Yup. Fucking dispicable imo and it shouldn't be encouraged.

That's all well and good Tom and in an ideal world the club would get the ticket office sorted and wouldnt have to charge us extra for doing what they should be doing free of charge. But in the real world I cannot afford to spend 1 day a fortnight pressing redial only to be told they've sold out and I have to scrounge off mates.

Not ideal I grant you, but I will be paying me 50 quid or whatever it is just for the convenience. Sorry if that's not a popular view.

Rash, you're clutching at straws with the Offal Supporters Club argument though. We've got 2 tacky sports bags and 4 of those damn tins.

Isn't PTS just a way to sell tickets at a higher price to those who are willing to pay, or am I missing something here? You pay the initial £50(?) to get into PTS, then you pay the same price for tickets as other who buy from the club. The difference is you're as good as guaranteed to get a ticket, for a fiver extra per ticket if you go to 10 games.

Spending 8 hours on the phone is only free, if your time is worthless. Not even taking into account telephone costs and the shitty sold out after waiting 6 hours.

I suppose it's different if you're a teenager, but as I am into my thirties I'm increasingly willing to pay extra to save time for one simple reason: My time is not wortless.

You pay £50 to join a queue you have no guarantees of getting to the front of. Sounds like a Monty Python sketch.

No season ticket for me, and doing a Blondie is such a pain in the ass to the extent that joining the dark side of the PTS does have its attractions, but I'm resisting. I'm weakening, but I'm resisting...

You pay the club for the "honour" of being able to pay 30 for a shite seat surrounded by daytrippers from god knows where.

good eh. where do we sign up?!

Lol! So what if people want to and can afford to pay the 50 pounds for the right to buy tickets, isn't it their perogative?

Anyway it means the club makes more money which to me is a good thing!

And then some people moan saying that the club don't market themselves enough!!

If the ticket prices were astronimical like what the London clubs charge then yeah i'd be pissed off because that would be like ripping everyone off. But if some people can't be arsed to queue up or stay on the phone all day then they can pay the premium to buy tickets it's not ripping people off in my eyes.

Guest el rey, #14

I don't agree with this scheme in general, you shouldn't have to pay just for the privilege to apply for tickets. But if the chance comes up for new members to join i will.

For non season-ticket holders, like myself, its the easiest way to get hold of tickets. The other options are:

1. Sit on the phone all day for general sale to be told at 5pm that tickets have sold-out

2. Rely on other people for tickets, which you can never be sure of, and you're usually left sweating til the day of the game even if you do manage to get one.

3. Sell the pools thing. This way you have to pay 12quid a week just to be able to buy one or two tickets.

4. Pay silly money outside anfield for tickets off touts.

So as i say, if the chance comes up i'll be joining the PTS.

I agree with Fivetimes here (feels weird not writing fourtimes!). Having to pay £50 for a CHANCE of a ticket is just unbelievable and there's no way the club could rope me into that.

I'd rather not have a ticket!

I've got my tickets for next season sorted already though so I suppose that comes into it ;-)

I agree with Fivetimes here (feels weird not writing fourtimes!). Having to pay £50 for a CHANCE of a ticket is just unbelievable and there's no way the club could rope me into that.

I've got my tickets for next season sorted already though so I suppose that comes into it ;-)

But the truth is that if you weren't a season ticket holder or tickets weren't easily available to you, you would probably have a different opinion.

I'm not a season ticket holder but thankfully a member of a local fan club that travels up to every game. It costs 5 pounds for membership and 12 pounds to travel up there and I can pretty much get a ticket to virtually every game (only difficulty is cat a games) in all competions apart from away games as the season ticket holder members can only get them unless they can't go for other reasons.

Thats probably why I feel the scheme isn't to bad.

Anyway anyone see the pricing of the new wembley the PTS is if I remember rightly, priced 2K upwards - now that is a rip off.

People shouldnt have to pay 50 in my eyes. this should be sorted out.

The whole point (as far as I can tell) is getting extra revenue (£50 * 10 000 = £ 500k) from people who are willing to pay extra to get tickets more easily. You could also see the "PTS line" as an extra chance to get tickets, ahead of the general sale. It's kind of like paying a shitload to have an executive box, even though it's not completely the same.

Paying £50 to the club instead of God knows how much to touts over the course of the season is a no-brainer to me, if you are indeed able to get tickets through PTS.

According to the club, 5000 tickets are available to 10 000 members through PTS. It would be interesting to know if people who are in the PTS regularly get tickets for the games. If so, that would mean that the members of PTS go to half the games on average.

"the chance of a ticket" ia bit of a misnomer really - it's apprently limited to 10,000 members and 5000 tickets per game yet I know people who have been to every game since the scheme started four years ago.

It's effectively a surcharge of £2.50 a ticket to guarantee you get in - a surrogate season ticket if you like.

One advantage it does have is upto 8 members can buy tickets together so you can get a good group going to the match.