You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool bands

alexjames

Pork Trousers.

Also look out for Oceanis. They are an up and coming band and are in the process of giving the currently shit Liverpool Metal Scene a kick up the arse.

As soon as they have completed some of the recordings I'll post links up. If you like your riffs hard and powerful, they will be right up your street.

I know the drummer out of Dirty Tricks dead well. Who's your mate? It's not Mel Smith the bass player is it?

I'm popping down to see them on Friday, thier first time as a 4 piece.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I miss 'Cook da Books'. Smashing live band back in the day that often inspired sparks in the the atmosphere. Great lads and great craic. While they had a big live following, sadly, it appears not enough people bought their records to elevate them to where they should have been.

'Eat at Joe's' were another good night out too (very accomplished musicians and the singer Joanne was both great to look at and listen too).

Surprised no one has mentioned either 'Rocking Horse' or 'Thunderboots' who ruled the local live scene at a particular time. However, that was when bands mostly did cover versions. I recall 'Rocking Horse' used to finish their show with a showstopper cover of Joe Walsh's 'Rocky Mountain Way' while their rivals/pals Thunderboots did a killer encore of Steely Dan's 'Pretzel Logic' in the old 'Sportsman' bar...or maybe next door? My recollections of those years are a little hazy, I can't imagine why.

I miss 'Cook da Books'. Smashing live band back in the day that often inspired sparks in the the atmosphere. Great lads and great craic. While they had a big live following, sadly, it appears not enough people bought their records to elevate them to where they should have been.

'Eat at Joe's' were another good night out too (very accomplished musicians and the singer Joanne was both great to look at and listen too).

Surprised no one has mentioned either 'Rocking Horse' or 'Thunderboots' who ruled the local live scene at a particular time. However, that was when bands mostly did cover versions. I recall 'Rocking Horse' used to finish their show with a showstopper cover of Joe Walsh's 'Rocky Mountain Way' while their rivals/pals Thunderboots did a killer encore of Steely Dan's 'Pretzel Logic' in the old 'Sportsman' bar...or maybe next door? My recollections of those years are a little hazy, I can't imagine why.

All good bands them. I used to love 29th and Dearborn, Afraid of Mice, The Opposition, Supercharge, the Lawnmower, and other lost in the mists of Alzheimer's. The Sportsman - great days. Did you manage to sit in the racing car? I loved the Masonic as well - great bands on in there several nights a week, interspersed with rib-threatening heavy dub and air thick with pot and pino silvestre.

• Upvote 1

I know the drummer out of Dirty Tricks dead well. Who's your mate? It's not Mel Smith the bass player is it?

I'm popping down to see them on Friday, thier first time as a 4 piece.

only just seen this, yeh it is the bassist

ha ha Mel Smith, love it!

check out by the sea and the T Street Band

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...