You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Peter Crouch or Michael Owen?

Rashid

oh thats great that is! Peter eff'in Crouch!! Is this some kind of sick of joke?? Out of interest does anyone actually think the lad is good enough to wear the red cloth??

Plus if Owen goes to Man U I will eat my erm, computer!?

Michael Owen would never join United, his mum was overheard the other week saying that St Michael "can't fucking stand Fergie."

Peter Crouch is a lanky streak of piss, who is a half a season wonder, remember how Kevin Phillips and Marcus Stewart, even James Beattie had a decent season then faded into nothing. Andy Johnson will end up the same way.

If we're going for a premiership striker we should go after Defoe.

He signed a new 5 year deal 2 weeks ago. I think we missed a chance to try for him while the contract thing was going on. The other thing is I doubt he would leave London. For us the best solution is little Mikey.

I dunno, I reckon he's a little money grabber but I think in a year or 2 he'll be better than owen. Can shoot from anywhere and he's got great power in his shots and strength on the ball. Doesn't get pushed around by defenders. Impressed me loads this year when I've seen him.

Here are some stats...

Name: Jermaine Michael Tito Defo

Born: On his Birthday.

People who think he's a pretty good striker: Me.

People who don't are: Wrong.

Name of his milkman: Fred.

Auntie's favourite colour: Lavender.

Hardest thing to come to terms with in football: The height of the coin slots in the vending machines outside the changing rooms.

Sorry Rashid, couldn't resist. I'm just winding you up though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_objectid=15537409%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=exclusive%2d%2dkop%2din%2d%2d5m%2dcrouch%2dswoop-name_page.html

there's the link written by Alan Nixon who is right half the time, as i recall he also has a shareholding in one of the players agents firms so he might just be wrting the story to get interest in the player going

Time will tell

Guest Moschops

There's all manner of agendas to everything Nixon comes up with... but this one has been kicking around for a while. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we signed him - people instinctively dislike him because he's ugly and freakish-looking, but the lad's a decent footballer (far better than Heskey) and would give us, as the saying goes, possibilities.

There's all manner of agendas to everything Nixon comes up with... but this one has been kicking around for a while. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we signed him - people instinctively dislike him because he's ugly and freakish-looking, but the lad's a decent footballer (far better than Heskey) and would give us, as the saying goes, possibilities.

I wonder if Dave U or anyone else has heard anything about Morientes as it seems the players like Crouch and Kuyt look like replacements or cover for Morientes and not a Partner.

Guest Moschops
The crouch thing is scaring me. He is a freak and not the type of player that a team aspiring to play good football should sign.

Leaving aside the ironies of your first statement, anyone who's seen Crouch play rather than just going on his physique will know he's actually a useful player who's more suited to "proper" football than Route One. Having a team full of midgets wouldn't mean we suddenly turned into early 70s Ajax, and having a player as tall as him available doesn't mean we'll be Bolton.

I can't defend his face, though.

people instinctively dislike him because he's ugly and freakish-looking

This is undoubtedly true but the papers yesterday had photos of four slappers having a bare-breasted bitch fight in the street over him.

i think the idea of a huge target man is quite a good one.it would mean we would need wingers and the TM could hold the ball up well while the midfield join in.saying this id rather have koller than crouch if i had to have one at all.

Im wondering about Morientes aswell.he isnt a target man,madrid didnt play like that and neither did Monaco,it was all down the middle and not down the flanks.

WaltonRed,

Sorry mate you have that wrong, at Monaco he scored 7 of his 9 CL goals with his head, from crossed by wingers Ludivic Guily and Jerome Rotten - both excellent wide men. This season he scoreed the 2 goals that took Madrid through to the group stages of the CL - both with his head!!

The difference between Crouch and Morientes is class, one has it, one doesn't. However, Crouch has PL experience, is about 7 inches taller and is gangly and awkward and can cause problems. My point is I'd prefer a target man like Moro than Crouch. Besides, if Owen comes back, we have Cisse and Moro, when the hell does Crouch play? bafflinh link to me.

Crouch isn't awkward at all. Awkward and gangly don't always go hand in hand (although they were caught rutting behind the bike sheds one time last week). He's tall, good in the air, but the guy can play as well. I wouldn't be terrified if we bought him, for if there's one thing the player has, it's character. After all the shit he's taken over the years (all of it cos of the physical nature of the body he was born with), to come back and play like he has done this year, added to the high-stake penalties he's had to take –*and scored – proves to me that he's got balls. Gangly and awkward balls, but still balls.

Not sure about him over Michael, but I'd take him over Andy Johnson right now.

I have to post this, I don't care.

It's celebrity streetfighting

By Bill Mouland, Daily Mail

19 May 2005

On a soccer pitch, it would be called violent conduct - and they'd definitely be sent off.

Outside a nightclub at 3am, it was simply a shameful catfight - and there was no referee to show the red card.

In a shocking scene that could have come straight from Footballers' Wives, a group of young women beguiled by the shallow world of soccer celebrity clashed in the street amid scratching, swearing and flailing fists. And the reason, apparently, was a player - the 6ft 7in Southampton star Peter

Crouch. Trouble flared early yesterday as revellers spilled on to the pavement outside the Funky Buddha club in Mayfair.

On one side were Page 3 girl Lauren Pope - who once turned her attentions on Prince Harry - and her friend Penny. On the other, two wannabes from the celebrity circuit.

Crouch had joined other soccer stars for a night on the town. Past and present Chelsea players Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Celestine Babayaro and Didier Drogba were also earning the attentions of the female clientele.

Then 21-year- old Miss Pope, a former amour of Chelsea's John Terry, left with orange- clad Penny at the same time as Crouch and Babayaro.

Miss Pope, in faded denims and a low-cut top, was suddenly confronted by the two wannabes - one in white, one wearing pink.

'They came up screaming their heads off,' said an onlooker. 'One said something like, "I was talking to him, you f...... bitch. You think you are so pretty, you f...... celebrity."

Miss Pope was knocked off her stilettoes and ended up flat on her back, then Penny was bustled to the ground after trying to help her. One of the attackers was even heard to shout gleefully: 'I hit a celebrity - that'll teach her.'

Crouch and Co had vanished when the mele started. Eventually, the opponents retreated to their cars - only to leap out and start fighting again. Finally, they were separated by some male onlookers.

The wry observation of one witness summed up the tawdry encounter of the female brawlers: 'There were hair extensions all over the road.'

Crouch??? not worth commenting on. Owen? no, a backward step. Why rescue the career of a player who walked out on us at the last moment? If Newcastle have offered £16m he certainly won't be coming back here at that price.

Crouch??? not worth commenting on. Owen? no, a backward step. Why rescue the career of a player who walked out on us at the last moment? If Newcastle have offered £16m he certainly won't be coming back here at that price.

I'd say we could rescue a player who carried us for years and has scored near on 200 goals for us and he left us at only 23. I don't your post at all.