You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Priceless

fivetimes

I'm gonna start calling Nunez 'Arthur' from now on in the fanzine. I'll credit Jimmy with it though, as it was his creation.

Still not sure why he says it though. Is it because he thought his first name was 'Arturo' not 'Antonio' or is just because he looks like an 'Arthur'??

He does look like an 'Arthur' I reckon.

Thats mad that, my mate was telling me just the other day that he keeps hearing Nunez get called 'Arthur' and he has no idea why! I was pissing myself when he told me, because the more you think of it, he just blatantly looks like an 'Arthur'!

It's a known fact at away's it's teh OOT's etc whos sing his name longest and loudest regardless of what he has done to the club. It's those supporters and the one's overseas who vote for him everygame.

I don't think you're right there, you have to remember that there is a small proportion of the match goers each week who are OOTers, it is a majority of locals, and the way his song gets chanted is not just by the OOTers. The anti SG train that runs along, stopping frequently at the TLW station is ridiculous in the main. He shouldn't have got the award, and fair enough most votes will have come from abroad and from kids, but there are actually some people who still rate and like him (me included) and he has been our best player sometimes this season.

As it stands though, he will be awarded 'Fans player of the year' and that's just wrong.

Guest Kaelin
Do these people actually WATCH the games???

That is a fucking disgrace that.

awful desision mike riley standards.Carra all the way fucking shockin.

Thats mad that, my mate was telling me just the other day that he keeps hearing Nunez get called 'Arthur' and he has no idea why! I was pissing myself when he told me, because the more you think of it, he just blatantly looks like an 'Arthur'!

ian! Just noticed that you recently passed the 3,000 posts mark!!

Welcome to my world. A world where work always waits til tomorrow!

I have never posted on this forum before though I read it regularly but I just got really angry about the comments re. overseasers just voting for the big names.

I'm an overseaer who subscribes to TLW fanzine and rarely reads the official website.

I think Carra has been IMMENSE this season and imo is the Premiership Player of the Year. I think Gerrard has been very hit and miss this season - his head is obviously elsewhere - even I, as an OOT can see that.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

That poll is the biggest pile of sh1te I have even seen. What games are these fools watching? Princess Harry Kewell got 3 times as many pts as Steve Finnnan. Didi Hamann only got 2 more than Finnan. Any logical person would have Carra number 1 and Finnan would be top 3. Didi has even been 10 times the player Kewell has been this season and he has had quite a poor season by his standards.

Guest Dancing Dave
I'm gonna start calling Nunez 'Arthur' from now on in the fanzine. I'll credit Jimmy with it though, as it was his creation.

Still not sure why he says it though. Is it because he thought his first name was 'Arturo' not 'Antonio' or is just because he looks like an 'Arthur'??

He does look like an 'Arthur' I reckon.

He does too. Jimmy is one of them great observers of the game, and the players. When he first started shouting 'go ed Arthur lad', I thought wtf....then.....'he's f*cking right, he IS Arthur'. His observations on Smicer are funny too, but I doubt Vladi would laugh.

If you read my post what I actually said was OOt ers and overseas supporters are more likely to read the offy and therefore take part in there votes. Therefore I am not tarring you all with the same brush at all and at no point did I say you just vote for the big names etc etc.

I will say this however, IMO it is a FACT that OOt ers and overseas supporters are on the whole the biggest Gerard fans. I don't want to start the OOT er/foriegn supporter bollox as some other forums manage to cover that one to their detriment.

I think part of the problem is the way they arranged the poll. If they put a poll up there now asking the quesion "who is your player of the season" I doubt Gerrard would have come out on top.

Plus the fact that most of the people voting are probably teenage muppets who didn't see the games.

Guest Dancing Dave

I hate to sound smug *cough* but I've backed Carragher since day one, f*ck, my missus had his card marked from the early days, you could just tell he was one of 'those' type of players. Gerrard is too, but he's way too carried away with his own importance at times. I still hope he stays though...Souness wasn't disimilar in attitude.

That poll is the biggest pile of sh1te I have even seen. What games are these fools watching? Princess Harry Kewell got 3 times as many pts as Steve Finnnan. Didi Hamann only got 2 more than Finnan. Any logical person would have Carra number 1 and Finnan would be top 3. Didi has even been 10 times the player Kewell has been this season and he has had quite a poor season by his standards.

Their list is utterly unbelieveable, I'm re-printing it here because it just has to be seen to be believed:

137 Steven Gerrard (!)

122 Jamie Carragher

89 Xabi Alonso

79 Milan Baros (!!)

64 Luis Garcia

56 John Arne Riise

38 Harry Kewell (!!!)

32 Igor Biscan

30 Jerzy Dudek

22 Fernando Morientes

20 Florent Sinama-Pongolle

19 Sami Hyypia

17 Stephen Warnock

17 Djimi Traore

17 Djibril Cisse

14 Dietmar Hamann

14 Josemi (!!!!)

12 Steve Finnan (!!!!!)

11 Neil Mellor

9 Mauricio Pellegrino

9 Scott Carson

8 Chris Kirkland

8 Zak Whitbread

6 Antonio Nunez

4 David Raven

3 Darren Potter

3 Richie Partridge

2 John Welsh

1 Salif Diao

Barmy :wallbutt:

I think the club are just trying to make Gerrard feel wanted!

its got fuck all to do with the club, its voted for by fans on the site. Mostly kids and foreign supporters will have voted for him without possibly knowing better.

I would prefer the fans player of the year to be voted for at the ground at some of the later games of the season, but its a logistical nightmare

I think the club are just trying to make Gerrard feel wanted!

Reckon you might be right there - SG came out with all that 'best fans in the world' stuff after the semi, the poll is meant to say "we love you too Stevie, don't leave us". Maybe we should demand that Jimmy Carter (the ex-prez not wonderboy) be brought in to scrutinise the voting.