Quantcast
New Music for this month - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
bri

New Music for this month

A good bit of new old music is Robert Plant's Mighty Rearranger - I don't usually like albums by old geezers trying to resurrect their bank balances but this one really rocks. Lots of Led Zeppish riffs mixed in with more diverse stuff.

Fuckin hell this is scary when you read a thread on music and Robert Plant is the only name you recognise ............... shit am i really gettin that old!!!!!!!

It's been mentioned but The Features are good. a very tight outfit. The Black Keys are cool too remind me of the Animals.

Anyone into hard rock or heavy metal check out an album called "An Absence of Empathy" by a band called "Frameshift". It's a one man music project and sounds like Pink Floyd/Dream Theatre meets Skid Row. Heavy, but different and pretty deep too at times

Glad to see Babyshambles are releasing Fuck Forever. Great singalonga swearing track that they'll probably screw up in the studio.

Also Arctic Monkeys Fake Tales Of San Fransisco and Boy Kill Boy's Suzie.

Glad to see Babyshambles are releasing Fuck Forever. Great singalonga swearing track that they'll probably screw up in the studio.

Also Arctic Monkeys Fake Tales Of San Fransisco and Boy Kill Boy's Suzie.

"Now his bird thinks he's amazing so now all that's left is the truth that love's not only blind but deaf"

"Yeah i'd love to tell you all my problems...you're not from New York City you're from rotherham"

Great lyrics from Arctic Monkeys.

Went to see REM last night and they had Feeder, The Zutons and Idlewild on the bill.

Idlewild basically were about 3 times better than anyone else. I've always liked them but the variety and the craft in thier music put REM's "playing from memory" to shame.

The Zutons remind me loads of the Happy Mondays, party band who suit summer outdoor gigs perfectly.

anyone into turin breaks

yeah got the first two albums by accident. Got the tabliture for The Door so bought the album to play along too and liked it so got the second and lo and behold liked that one too. Whats the third one like any good, worth purchasing

stu,

what did you think of the girl on sax for the zutons, my mate cant get enough of birds who play instruments. But then again he is a double of the lead singer from The Music, big nose, big hair. (whose first album is tremendous for 18-19 yr olds)

The new Kraftwerk live album is all you need really. They fucking rule. Gotta love pretending to be robots so you can basically do fuck all on stage when performing. Lazy old Teutonic geniuses.

Mate did a CD of some goon called Kelly Stoltz for me, that's OK too, but not a patch on Kraftwerk.

Gots to school yo' asses 'bout da beats, so this week I've bought:

"Be" by Common - a real return to form, as I wasn't having any of the "His Electric Circus album is so out there" nonsense; it was just shit. Back to doing what he does best here - soulful hip hop with the most lyrical flow this side of Talib Kweli.

"Multiply" by Jamie Lidell. Only just got it and on my second listen I'm blown away. It's like hey-day Prince on acid crossed with Marvin Gaye from a white Yorkshireman on a techno label (Warp).

Also, an oldie (six months or so) that I can't leave alone is "The Return of Jack Splash" by Plantlife which is like Outkast without the rapping, but with a heavy slice of Sly Stone thrown in instead.

I saw a support band a while back called The Kooks, they were supporting The Thrills. They are now supporting the Dead 60's, I think they are ace but I am not sure whether they are everyone's cup of tea http://www.thekooks.co.uk Take a look at the video section and there's a free download of one song. I've been waiting for them to release some material for months.

Bought System of A Down yesterday and listened through it 4 times. WOW! I'm telling you.......WOW.......best buy this year and best newcomer for me in years.

Sorry to piss on your chips Kop but System of a down are far from newcomers. Chop Suey (probably thier biggest anthem) came out a good 4 years ago. Bring your own bombs is a class track.

On another note I challenge anyone to listen to Forever Lost by the Magic Numbers and not end up humming it for the rest of your life, most catchy little tune for ages.

Sorry to piss on your chips Kop but System of a down are far from newcomers. Chop Suey (probably thier biggest anthem) came out a good 4 years ago. Bring your own bombs is a class track.

On another note I challenge anyone to listen to Forever Lost by the Magic Numbers and not end up humming it for the rest of your life, most catchy little tune for ages.

Thanks for the correction.

They are new to me though, thats why I didn't know what they've done before. I bought their last album yesterday because of one song I heard on the radio, and the rest of the album blew me away. Pure class. I'll up my knowledge on them now that I've become an admirer of their work.

Thanks for the correction.

They are new to me though, thats why I didn't know what they've done before. I bought their last album yesterday because of one song I heard on the radio, and the rest of the album blew me away. Pure class. I'll up my knowledge on them now that I've become an admirer of their work.

Download "Chop Suey" Kop. You'll love it mate.