You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scoreline V Chelsea

Dr Ahmed, PhD

from teamtalk:

Duff doubt for Blues

Chelsea are sweating on the fitness of Republic of Ireland winger Damien Duff for Wednesday's Champions League semi-final first leg against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.

Duff is struggling with an injured left hamstring and will undergo a late fitness test on Wednesday.

The 26-year-old trained on his own Tuesday vening and if he does not come through the fitness test, then Arjen Robben will replace him.

Mourinho is without long-term absentees Wayne Bridge (broken ankle), Scott Parker (broken foot) and Paulo Ferreira (broken foot) as he bids to reach the final of the Champions League for the second successive year. Jiri Jarosik is cup-tied.

Anticipation for tonight is unbelieveable...next Tuesday will reach another level too. This is it...with Alonso and Gerrard bossing the midfield, Sami and Carra resolute at the back, King Luis and Milan running their backline ragged...let's get a result and bring 'em back to Anfield, which will be absolutely fucking rockin' next week...I, for one, can't wait.

Can't believe it's only dinnertime....

I can definitively say that the scores over the two legs will be 1-1 tonight, followed by a 2-1 victory a.e.t next Tuesday. Just consulted the oracle that is FIFA Football 2005, and we're through. Did the same against Juve and came up trumps then too.

The appliance of science. Simple.

looking at it objectively

They have the better GK by a mile

We have the better Full backs

They have the Better Centre backs by a mile as a pair.

the midield 3 is very even, we might even have an edge there.

There 2 attacking wide players are streets ahead of our % anyone elses

We might even have the edge in the strikers department if baros turns up.

So CFC have a slight edge but thats it, the real difference is there quality from the flanks.

Too close to call can wait only 9 and a bit hours to go.

"Better centre backs by a mile as a pair"?

In amongst the sea of absolute festering poo you post this must be at it's zenith.

I wouldn't swap neither Sami or JC for the overrated knuckledragger and his mate - the bouffant ponce.

I wouldn't be too dis-heartened with a 1 goal defeat (pref 2-1), to be honest. Next Tuesday could be the night to end all nights.

Hopefully our captain will distinguish between what its like to play the former Bates motel and the Shrine.

Then he might see some sense.

"Better centre backs by a mile as a pair"?

In amongst the sea of absolute festering poo you post this must be at it's zenith.

I wouldn't swap neither Sami or JC for the overrated knuckledragger and his mate - the bouffant ponce.

If you cannot see the class of thier centre backs you are an idiot mate.

Do you think they've been as tight as they have through luck or something?

Not swap Hyypia for Carvalho...beyond words.

If you cannot see the class of thier centre backs you are an idiot mate.

Do you think they've been as tight as they have through luck or something?

Not swap Hyypia for Carvalho...beyond words.

Having the likes of Makalele in front of them has nothing to do with it either.

Or a set of attacking players who give the opposition more to think about, rather than attacking them.

I wouldn't swap Hyypia for Carvalho, did you miss Sami's performance in Turin?

carvalho is clown. The amount of times I;ve seen him totally thin air a clearance is staggering and I don't watch Chelsea every week.

He looked awesome at the start of the season, but he's been fucking rudd ever since.

Even I would look good next to john Terry and with Makalele in front of him.

i wouldn't swap him for Sami either. No way Jose! (how's that for the first chelsea pun of the day! come on!)

Having the likes of Makalele in front of them has nothing to do with it either.

Or a set of attacking players who give the opposition more to think about, rather than attacking them.

I wouldn't swap Hyypia for Carvalho, did you miss Sami's performance in Turin?

Erm, right Col, a decent game against a slow building european side has completely wiped the image of him getting raped by anyone who can break out of a jog this year!!

Carvalho is ace, so is Gallas, and even though I hate to say it, so is Terry.

Erm, right Col, a decent game against a slow building european side has completely wiped the image of him getting raped by anyone who can break out of a jog this year!!

Carvalho is ace, so is Gallas, and even though I hate to say it, so is Terry.

Spot on, Juve are crap.