You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

100 Greatest Albums

cochcaer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people could only pick from a shortlist of 125 albums.I think Channel 4 should of left it to the voters to decide.

Imagine how messy that could have got though?

1. Songs about pretty much fuck all that no-one cares about (Maroon 5)

2. Toto (Toto)

3. Soul Swingers 3 (Various)

4. The new one he did (Robbie Williams)

5. Never mind the bollocks (Sex Pistols)

Dear god, it would have stank the place out!

Fucking Oasis above ANY Beatles album is a disgrace.

It's like saying a fake Rolex is better than a proper one. One is just a cheap imitation, the other is the best of the best.

Oasis are but a piece of turd on The Beatles' shoe.

I thought your favourite album would be your wedding photographs Tom. Don't tell us it's turning sour already. :no

I just knew you'd be in there defending U2 and their one-trick guitar sound.

I name that tune in one!! U2!!

Same old shite different album year upon year upon year. I don't deny that they're great performers but come on. Every single song since the Joshua Tree has sounded alsmot exactly the same as the last. Only exception is The Sweetest Thing - which rules.

that's actually their worst song. it sucks

P.S. All them women you mentioned suck. And Alanis couldn't be poppier. In fact all the women listed throughout this thread are crap. And You knows it's Mum was doing nothing but complain about that depressing shite (coldplay) he was always listening to last year. I also caught him dancing like a madman to 50 cent in my kitchen when he thought no one was about.

I own every one of them. Go on, prove it that i don't ;)

I find these lists funny because stuff like Interpol, Nitin Sawnhey, The Super Furries and Tom Mcrae could wipe the floor with some of the stuff on there, it's all about being "popular" and not really about the art of it.

Fair enough if it's not your cup of tea Rossi but good to see you can recognise the talent. To listen to Paranoid Android and not sense some form of greatness seems impossible to me. And I love the beatles later stuff, almost all of it, just can't be bothered with the pop stuff.

Been listenening to the Super Furry Animals quite a lot this week, what a band.

The early Beatles was perhaps when they were at their most fluent and honest - those songs were just a pure need to get a message out. Quite primal really. Whilst I still like the later Beatles stuff, nothing hits home like the absolute need to reach people. That's why I hate Coldplay so much - why are they making records, you can't dance, you can't pump your fist. What's the point? Sit round in a middle class living room, with a copy of the Guardian, stroking a middle class chin and trying to relate to a whining dull gobshite.

Who praise Mancs and accuse others of racism then have a go at a Jolly Londoner like me.

Fuckin hell Chriatian mate, take it easy yeah. You were banging on with this "manc" thing and I made a London joke, keep it in perspective shall we?

The fact that people seem to think i'm out of order trying to confront racism amazes me.

Fuckin hell Chriatian mate, take it easy yeah. You were banging on with this "manc" thing and I made a London joke, keep it in perspective shall we?

The fact that people seem to think i'm out of order trying to confront racism amazes me.

All right, fair enough and that. Don't think there is any harm in opposing racism (how could there be?), but ya don't have to come across as the upholder of a moral superiority on the subject. Most people just gas on here and say what they feel at the time without the need for loads of analysing.

The manc stuff was annoying coz I can't see any point wasting a second defending them on a Liverpool FC website.

All right, fair enough and that. Don't think there is any harm in opposing racism (how could there be?), but ya don't have to come across as the upholder of a moral superiority on the subject. Most people just gas on here and say what they feel at the time without the need for loads of analysing.

The manc stuff was annoying coz I can't see any point wasting a second defending them on a Liverpool FC website.

I don't try to come across as a moral crusader, in fact recently i've tried to avoid exactly that, but some of the stuff is miles out of order.

The "We want English" calls aren't as bad as the shite Rashid was coming out with but they are pointing to some kind of myth that imports don't try hard. Which I can't let slip. As Vic Reeves might say "I couldn't let it lie!"

The Stu Monty Keano fan club!!!

It was calling the Manc support magnificent, the same manc support that was in town later singing about Hillsborough. Nothing to do with Keane

Listen mate take the piss all you want but don't try and twist what I was saying. The support they gave to Rooney WAS magnificent, they were all you could fucking hear and they were they away fans helping him out in a couldron of hate. I can't stand Rooney and obviously don't condone the Hillsborough chants so why try and taint what I said?

If we went away and supported one of our boys (Alonso at sociodad for instance) and he was getting hate left right and centre and we just kept singing for him all game then we would be magnificent. Some our boys singing munich songs later on wouldn't effect that would it?

Get yer ignorant blinkers off and stop acting like you're ten. Mancs aren't all twats.