You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where's Carragher?

The nominations for the PFA Player of the year award have been made.Cech,Lampard,Terry,Johnson,Henry and Gerrard.Where's JC?Steven Gerrard's had a good season in parts,but Carragher has been brilliant in pretty much every game he's played.I suppose when you have idiots like Bowyer,Dyer,Ferdinand and the whole of the Chelsea squad voting you have to expect these things.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wanting to start another anti - Gerrard thread, but has he been that great this season? By most players standards he's had a good season, but by his own standards he hasn't done anything special.

As far as making an impact goes, he's been miles behind Carra. Would still expect Carra to be in the PFA XI though.

Lumplard and Terry will be the top 2, and you can't really argue with that can you?

I think Terry will get it, and he has been great, but did Sami get a nomination in the Treble season when he was equally good, if not better??

Its the hype surrounding the chelsea squad and the fact that he is english that will have influenced a lot of the players decisions.

Absolute joke.

Gerrard and Parker!!!! One has been very mediocre and one hasn't even fucking played!

What about Heinze? He's been outstanding in almost every game i've seen him in. What about Finnan? Complete class all year.

What about Carra? No need to say any more really, ask John Terry.

Absolute Joke.

As for "young player of the year" the nominees are:

Scott Parker, Arjen Robben, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Shaun Wright-Phillips, and Steward Downing

Scott "3 games all season" Parker!

WTF?

I'm pretty sure Scott Parker's thinking the same thing.

Fabregas of Arsenal should be on the list aswell, can't believe he's only 17.

kop, just checked the FA website and Parker's not on the list, he won it last year.

Sorry about that then. I read it on http://www.liverpool.no/cda/storypg.aspx?id=4441&zone=1

So if you know norwegian you can check it out, just so you see I'm not a liar like :whatever:

Steven Gerrard er blant de seks spillerne som de profesjonelle selv har nominert til å bli Årets Spiller for 2004/05. En av disse vil få tittelen: Frank Lampard, John Terry, Petr Cech, Steven Gerrard, Andy Johnson, og Thierry Henry. Blant de unge spillerne er dette kandidatene: Scott Parker, Arjen Robben, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Shaun Wright-Phillips, og Steward Downing.

So what was the point of this thread then Stu?

The point was that someone thinks that he is in the top six, and he apparently isn't.

I must have missed the suggestion that only six players in the league are rated by thier colleagues.

And by the way, loads of the media have been praising him this year and since when have national managers selected people they don't rate for thier squads?

The point was that someone thinks that he is in the top six, and he apparently isn't.

Someone? Count them Stu. The thread was started because of shock that he wasn't nominated I presume. That's what I find unbelievable, the idea that somebody was expecting him to be nominated.