You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yeste and Metzelder.

Juan Galonso

A mate of mine reckons we are being linked to these two players, just wondering if anybody has heard anything.

He could be winding me up about the Yeste one as I have his name on the back of my Bilbao shirt (being April Fools Day and all) but he swears he isn't on the wind up but then again he is from Rafas homeland, a good young player so who knows. Maybe Rashid could post the information about these two players. Ta.

Francisco YESTE

10 | Athletic Bilbao Midfielder

Height: 1.83m. Weight: 67.00kg. Nationality: Spain

Born: 06/12/1979 in Bilbao

Statistics

Year : 2005

Games : 19

Starting Line-up : 18

Substitutions : 1

Goals : 7

Penalties : 0

Yellow Cards : 7

Red Cards : 1

Minutes Played : 1591

A quick little midfielder who loves to run at the opposition. His midfield play creates chances - which also finds him on the score-sheet on a frequent basis for a middle of the park player.

Christoph METZELDER

21 | Borussia Dortmund Defender

Height: 1.93m. Weight: 84.00kg. Nationality: Germany

Born: 05/11/1980 in Haltern

Statistics

Games : 8

Starting Line-up : 7

Goals : 0

Yellow Cards : 1

Red Cards : 0

Minutes Played : 652

CAREER

Christoph Metzelder is still regarded as Germany’s most talented defender. And this despite the fact that the 23-year-old’s last appearance in the Bundesliga dates back to 22 March 2003 (0-0 at Arminia Bielefeld). Since then his complicated Achilles tendon injury has required two operations – a major blow to his career. Christoph Metzelder took a short cut to the Bundesliga, being at the right place at the right time. The young talented player started his career at TuS Haltern. He played for the local side between 1986 and 1995. Then he joined Schalke 04’s youth team for a year, before he moved to Preussen Münster in 1996.

In the summer of 2000 Metzelder signed for Borussia. And he was an instant success. He not only won the German championships with BVB in 2002 as a regular first team player, he also reached the World Cup final with Germany the very same year. In Japan and South Korea, he was also voted “Best Player Under The Age of 23”. But despite offers from other big clubs, he extended his contract until 2005. After his long injury lay-off, fans and team-mates are now both hoping that Metzelder will be able to make a comeback next season that mirrored the start of his career four years ago.

STRENGTHS

One can hardly fail to notice the main strength of the BVB skipper: With a height of 1.93 metres, Christoph Metzelder is outstanding in the air. And despite his young age, the centre back, who can also play on the right of defence, has nerves of steel and necessary combination of composure and confidence. This, along with his superb tackling skills, both in the air and on the ground, make Metzelder a very good defensive player.

LAST SEASON

With 23 years of age, Christoph Metzelder was the youngest captain of the league. His injury prevented him, though, to carry out his duties on the pitch.

In the 1996/1997 season, Jens Nowotny took over the captain’s armband of Bayer Leverkusen at the age of 22.

PROSPECTS

“For me it’s crucial to know that the Achilles tendon will not fail and that I’ll be able to return to the game. Unfortunately I don’t know when that will be.” At the start of the season Metzelder has to be patient – once again. He will try to make a comeback this season, that much is clear. But Christoph Metzelder will no longer put himself under pressure. About the situation in the team, the 23-year-old said, “There will be radical changes due to the change of coaches. The team still has a lot of potential. If the new coach succeeds to put us back on the right track again, we will be successful again in the very near future.”

Yeste is a left winger and is 24, a bit temperamental but talented and with Kewell likely to be going it could well be a possibility. Rash could you post the profile on these two players ta.

At least with Yeste it should be easy coming up with a song that everyone knows!

Yeste`s day... All our troubles are so far away....etc

or something like that!

;)

yup...u guessed it...im bored!

Francisco YESTE

10 | Athletic Bilbao Midfielder

Height: 1.83m. Weight: 67.00kg. Nationality: Spain

Born: 06/12/1979 in Bilbao

Statistics

Games : 19

Starting Line-up : 18

Goals : 7

Yellow Cards : 7

Red Cards : 1

Minutes Played : 1591

Christoph METZELDER

21 | Borussia Dortmund Defender

Height: 1.93m. Weight: 84.00kg. Nationality: Germany

Born: 05/11/1980 in Haltern

Statistics

Games : 8

Starting Line-up : 7

Goals : 0

Yellow Cards : 1

Red Cards : 0

Minutes Played : 652

CAREER

Christoph Metzelder is still regarded as Germany’s most talented defender. And this despite the fact that the 23-year-old’s last appearance in the Bundesliga dates back to 22 March 2003 (0-0 at Arminia Bielefeld). Since then his complicated Achilles tendon injury has required two operations – a major blow to his career. Christoph Metzelder took a short cut to the Bundesliga, being at the right place at the right time. The young talented player started his career at TuS Haltern. He played for the local side between 1986 and 1995. Then he joined Schalke 04’s youth team for a year, before he moved to Preussen Münster in 1996.

In the summer of 2000 Metzelder signed for Borussia. And he was an instant success. He not only won the German championships with BVB in 2002 as a regular first team player, he also reached the World Cup final with Germany the very same year. In Japan and South Korea, he was also voted “Best Player Under The Age of 23”. But despite offers from other big clubs, he extended his contract until 2005. After his long injury lay-off, fans and team-mates are now both hoping that Metzelder will be able to make a comeback next season that mirrored the start of his career four years ago.

STRENGTHS

One can hardly fail to notice the main strength of the BVB skipper: With a height of 1.93 metres, Christoph Metzelder is outstanding in the air. And despite his young age, the centre back, who can also play on the right of defence, has nerves of steel and necessary combination of composure and confidence. This, along with his superb tackling skills, both in the air and on the ground, make Metzelder a very good defensive player.

LAST SEASON

With 23 years of age, Christoph Metzelder was the youngest captain of the league. His injury prevented him, though, to carry out his duties on the pitch.

In the 1996/1997 season, Jens Nowotny took over the captain’s armband of Bayer Leverkusen at the age of 22.

PROSPECTS

“For me it’s crucial to know that the Achilles tendon will not fail and that I’ll be able to return to the game. Unfortunately I don’t know when that will be.” At the start of the season Metzelder has to be patient – once again. He will try to make a comeback this season, that much is clear. But Christoph Metzelder will no longer put himself under pressure. About the situation in the team, the 23-year-old said, “There will be radical changes due to the change of coaches. The team still has a lot of potential. If the new coach succeeds to put us back on the right track again, we will be successful again in the very near future.”

Ta Rashid. See what I mean about Yeste being temperamental, 7 yellows and 1 red card in 18 games for a winger.

Has ANYONE heard this rumour or is my mate on a wind up? He swears he isn't. It would make sense as I say with him being Basque. Rafa obviously knows him. I would be made up, I have a special thing for Bilbao and went to great pains to get their shirt on the internet with Yeste's number 10 on it and as I said with HK on his way I wouldn't rule it out.

Am I reading this correctly? Metzelder hasn't played football for two years?

The statistics says he has played 8 games in 2005....so it seems like the statistics and the story tells different tales...

But he has been more or less injuried for ages... Is he related to Kirkland in any way??

Ta Rashid. See what I mean about Yeste being temperamental, 7 yellows and 1 red card in 18 games for a winger.

Has ANYONE heard this rumour or is my mate on a wind up? He swears he isn't. It would make sense as I say with him being Basque. Rafa obviously knows him. I would be made up, I have a special thing for Bilbao and went to great pains to get their shirt on the internet with Yeste's number 10 on it and as I said with HK on his way I wouldn't rule it out.

Harry Kewell won't be leaving and I have never heard of this fella coming to Liverpool. Rafa rates Kewell very highly.

Harry Kewell won't be leaving and I have never heard of this fella coming to Liverpool. Rafa rates Kewell very highly.

Rafa doesn't rate Kewell in the same way he doesn't rate Baros. They are not team players. Baros works for the team but is not a team player where Kewell does neither.

Kewell will definitely be gone next season. FACT.

• 14 years later...

Regarding signing Yeste - he's 39 and a manager now so I bloody hope not. Don't leave us Jurgen!!

As an aside I came to this forum years ago and remember that Rashid was a very controversial and frankly widely disliked fellow. There was constant talk of him ruining the forum. 

I see he got banned based on this thread. 

Was that for anything specific or just an accumulation of things. 

3 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Regarding signing Yeste - he's 39 and a manager now so I bloody hope not. Don't leave us Jurgen!!

As an aside I came to this forum years ago and remember that Rashid was a very controversial and frankly widely disliked fellow. There was constant talk of him ruining the forum. 

I see he got banned based on this thread. 

Was that for anything specific or just an accumulation of things. 

MajorAptDamselfly-size_restricted.gif