You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Injuries,injuries,injuries

I was thinking about all the injuries we've suffered this season when i realised that so many players have had their Liverpool careers ruined by injuries over the years.Far more than most clubs,i think.I could be wrong,but if you think of the quality of some of the players.

Robbie Fowler,Jamie Redknapp,Rob Jones,Markus Babbel,Vegard Heggem,Patrik Berger.Maybe Djibril Cisse.Michael Owen had his hamstring problems,and Chris Kirkland is only ever 3 months away from his next broken wrist or back problem

It just seems unfair that we've been robbed of so much class talent over the last 7/8 years.I can't think of another club who's been robbed as of much talent as us in a relativly small amount of time.Maybe i'm talkin' crap but it seems we're suffering something of a curse.So what does everyone else think?

Gary Neville has only Rob Jones' misfortune to credit his lock on the England RB.

Apparently Cisse had the pins removed and can start running and is expected to be fully fit for 05-06. Whether he'll be mentally fit, as having your shin bone protrude like his did made my stomach queasy, and the writhing pain the poor lad was in, would make anyone shy to go into contact.

I've never seen three players come off injured in one half of football, though, although I'm sure Hermes or Rushian will correct me.

And poor Markus, struck down by a syndrome.

Didn't know aboot Markus scoring the winner in Germany. He must be playing well to get a recall for the Germans. He was class during the Treble, scored against Alaves as well. Funny how him and Houillier fell out, although I think it was more on him.

I also remember him scroing two against the blueshite last year at Ewood on Monday night I think. Happy days, I thought they were on their way down that year (would have been if it wasn't for stupid Leeds being so pathetic).

Don't know if anyone has heard about this.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=264887&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Cisse+could+return+early&channel=League_1

It's on Sky Sports so who knows.It would be nice if he could get a few reserve games under his belt and then come of the bench in the Champions League Final to score the winner against AC Milan *Wakes up* I know it's doubtfull but we can always hope

I've never seen three players come off injured in one half of football, though, although I'm sure Hermes or Rushian will correct me.

Give me the list of matches you've seen and I'll let you know. :thumbup:

It would be difficult to beat that record. Until quite recently only one substitute was allowed. Under FIFA rules a game has to be abandoned if a team is down to 6 men for whatever reason.

Incidentally, I was sitting next to Harry Kewell on Sunday. He turned to me at half time and said "These present day players, they're a bunch of Sheila's".

It's a shame Mutu wasn't with Chelsea still.If Chelsea had got to the final in Turkey with him in the squad,the Turkish authorities may have found some interesting cargo on the coach.It would have been 'Midnight Express 2,Chelsea's Long Holiday'

Ghee SP. That was the most rude comment I've ever heard/read on here. How can they get to the final when we're in their way?