You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who's good enough for next season?

Paul

Who's good enough for the first eleven?  

1,215 members have voted

1. 1. Who's good enough for the first eleven?

Jerome Rothen (not Rotten) is another player we should probably have signed years ago - before we signed Kewell in fact. Wasn't he at Lille or somewhere like that? I remember seeing him playing in Europe for some mediocre French team and thinking "Houllier's bound to be in for him". After that I think he went to one of the bigger French clubs, but hasn't really gone on to the next level since. Anyway, he's good, but he's certainly not so much better than Riise that we should be thinking of spending £8 million or so to get him.

he was playing for Monaco last season and along with Morientes was Monaco's star player.

he got transfered in the summer but i cant remember where.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/mediawatch/drilldown/MW7823050323-0924.htm

talking about players who wont be here next season, i think i posted this from sky earlier in the thread.

it just seems a shame to me that we never found out what Alou Diarra could do for LFC.

I dont blame him for wanting to stay at Lens where he feels appreciated and wanted and i personally wish him well in the future.

He hasnt been treated well by this club and when you think about the chances that Diouf & Diao have had he has every right to believe his future is elsewhere.

Personally i would have recalled him in Jan just to see if he could cut it

Jerome Rothen (not Rotten) is another player we should probably have signed years ago - before we signed Kewell in fact. Wasn't he at Lille or somewhere like that? I remember seeing him playing in Europe for some mediocre French team and thinking "Houllier's bound to be in for him". After that I think he went to one of the bigger French clubs, but hasn't really gone on to the next level since. Anyway, he's good, but he's certainly not so much better than Riise that we should be thinking of spending £8 million or so to get him.

He destroyed Chelsea last season in the CL and publically turned down Manchester United last summer and moved to PSG for £8M although United bid more according to his club. I think he is a fantastic young player but he didn't want to leave France last summer so wouldn't do so now. He is the France left midfielder at this moment ahead of Pires.

Standings thus far:

Unanimous selection: Xabi

Then Carra (I'm naming and shaming Salte as the only one who doesn't think he's good enough!), Finnan and JAR with all bar one voting for them; after that it's Gerrard, Nando, Luis, Cisse (wonder if we'll think the same next season); followed by Warnock, Djimi and Didi. All of the above had more than 50% of the vote.

So that's a side of:

Didi (his pace won't be a factor, but his defensive qualities will)

Finnan Carra Djimi Warnock

Luis Gerrard Xabi Riise

Cisse Nando

That's a team. Life is not as shit as it's seemed everyone. Assuming Gerrard and Didi are still here, the addition of a keeper, link man and a centre-half with pace makes it a strong squad in my opinion, as there'll still be others around to fill in for injuries.

I guarantee even you will have retracted your Djimi slaggings by the end of next season. I can see him going from strength to strength and Houllier's "The fans will thank me for signing him" comment being vindicated. Care to have a tenner (for the HJC) on it?

yup. If we get a CB and a link player of genuine quality, get everyone understanding and applying rafa's system better, and have less ridiculously unfair injuries, we'll do a lot better. not stratospheric, but I doubt any of us expect that just yet. we are after all I would hope slightly 'classier' (to echo an earlier discussion) fans than most.

I guarantee even you will have retracted your Djimi slaggings by the end of next season. I can see him going from strength to strength and Houllier's "The fans will thank me for signing him" comment being vindicated. Care to have a tenner (for the HJC) on it?

No chance, I'd rather Warnock or Riise at left back - the lad for me cannot stand up straight and is awkward and gangly.

At Centre back he will lose out in the air all day long and calamities like that own goal could happen in our own 6 yard box regularly.

I'd cringe if he was 1st choice centre back, and he won't be. Rafa likes intelligence at the back - Djimi is not that.

I didn't mention centre-back Rash; just said you'll be forced to eat your (disrespectful) words. Are you going to put your money where your mouth is or what? Because I reckon he's going to keep on improving under Rafa, who has shown complete faith in him so far. Put up or shut up. I'll make it twenty quid if you like.

I didn't mention centre-back Rash; just said you'll be forced to eat your (disrespectful) words. Are you going to put your money where your mouth is or what? Because I reckon he's going to keep on improving under Rafa, who has shown complete faith in him so far. Put up or shut up. I'll make it twenty quid if you like.

You are on mate.

£20 he won't be our regular left back or centre by the end of 2005-2006 season. By regular I mean play 75% of the games barring injury.

Proceeds to a charity of eachothers choice?

Disclaimer: As long as we are alive that is! :whistle:

You are on mate.

£20 he won't be our regular left back or centre by the end of 2005-2006 season. By regular I mean play 75% of the games barring injury.

Proceeds to a charity of eachothers choice?

Disclaimer: As long as we are alive that is! :whistle:

Nice to see you're looking for a get-out clause already Rash. Nothing like confidence, eh? As for the donation, it should be the HJC; it's an LFC bet, so it goes to "our" charity. OK?

Nice to see you're looking for a get-out clause already Rash. Nothing like confidence, eh? As for the donation, it should be the HJC; it's an LFC bet, so it goes to "our" charity. OK?

I'll place my girlfriend on it and you put in your first born. It's only fair for a bet of such magnitude.

Don't think he's be a regular but would love to be proved wrong.

Which of the current squad are out of contract at the end of the season? Vladi, Didi and Igor are the ones I know of. Any others? Who else will be going into their final year apart from Milan? That could have a bearing on the make-up of the squad for next season.

Which of the current squad are out of contract at the end of the season? Vladi, Didi and Igor are the ones I know of. Any others? Who else will be going into their final year apart from Milan? That could have a bearing on the make-up of the squad for next season.

Bottling the bet...pity, i bet your first born would get a good price on the internet, good breeding you see.

I'll place my girlfriend on it and you put in your first born. It's only fair for a bet of such magnitude.

Don't think he's be a regular but would love to be proved wrong.

Come on Monty, lad - twenty quid on 75% of games. I'm pretty sure he's already done it this season (when fit to play). His "mistake a game" days are long gone; that fuck up against Burnley has clouded a few people's judgement (and anyway, it was born out over-confidence than anything else, and I reckon he's learnt his lesson).

Rafa will have him in because he keeps improving, he's fast, he can run for 90 minutes and he follows team instructions. He's also a great tackler and his passing is much improved. In fact, fuck it; I'm starting a new clique right now: The "Djimi Will Be Respected" Clique. Who's with me?

I paid out £20 last time as I said I would if Kewell signed - I was confident and decided to pay if I was right! It was a pleasure to pay.

Traore's contract ends this summer too I believe? Anyone confirm?

Anyway 75% of games for next season and the money is off to our charity the HJC.

I can only make it about 6 or 7 players I`d like to see in the starting line up for next season....can`t go back in time can we:-)

Funny that Alonso is topping our list. He`s won everybodys hearts and rightly so, but does that really mean that he`s the first name on the teamcard? Then I think we must ask ourselves why a guy who has played less than half a season is prefeared instead of players who has been here for many seasons now?

Guest SHEIK YERBOUTI

excuse me if i've missed it 'cos i've skipped to the end, but who was it that didn't vote for carra and xabi. who on here really doesn't think that they are good enough for L.F.C. ???

Come on Monty, lad - twenty quid on 75% of games. I'm pretty sure he's already done it this season (when fit to play). His "mistake a game" days are long gone; that fuck up against Burnley has clouded a few people's judgement (and anyway, it was born out over-confidence than anything else, and I reckon he's learnt his lesson).

Rafa will have him in because he keeps improving, he's fast, he can run for 90 minutes and he follows team instructions. He's also a great tackler and his passing is much improved. In fact, fuck it; I'm starting a new clique right now: The "Djimi Will Be Respected" Clique. Who's with me?

Amen! Where do I sign?