You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who's good enough for next season?

Paul

Who's good enough for the first eleven?  

1,215 members have voted

1. 1. Who's good enough for the first eleven?

Garcia and Finnan epitomise why we are so far behind the best teams. Physically weak and no heart. Please don't tell me Garcia played through pain on Sunday, he was in so much pain he's expecting to play for Spain this weekend.

Morientes would not be in my first 11. Baros is more dangerous and Cisse (if he fully recovers) will score more goals. Morientes has not impressed me. Apart from his two goals he hasn't been a threat in any game I've seen.

So, Garcia's header against the shite was the result of a spill from a cracking shot by a man called, er, I've forgotten, Morinetes is it? Is that his name? Is that the same one who isn't much of a threat? Come on H, you're better than half thought out comments like that.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Garcia's header against the shite was the result of a spill from a cracking shot by a man called, er, I've forgotten, Morinetes is it? Is that his name? Is that the same one who isn't much of a threat? Come on H, you're better than half thought out comments like that.

And Gerrard's free kick was won by whom? :wallbutt:

I agree with Hermes that Morientes has not looked very threatening except against Charlton so to that extent it's far too early to treat him as the Messiah who's going to be automatic first choice and take us to the next level.

But I think he will prove himself and at least he's worked hard even when he has struggled.

I agree with Hermes that Morientes has not looked very threatening except against Charlton so to that extent it's far too early to treat him as the Messiah who's going to be automatic first choice and take us to the next level.

But I think he will prove himself and at least he's worked hard even when he has struggled.

I wasn't implying that he is the messiah. I think he's good enough, he's the best player of his type (target man) in the World, imo. That doesn't mean I think he's Henry or Shevchenko.

YKI - my comment wasn't directed at you in particular.It's just that fans in general do build up optimistic and unjustified expectations about any new player/manager.To that extent Hermes' caution is both understandable and logical.

Hermes, I was trying to engage you in a debate without you being sarcastic, pedantic, defensive or evasive. Failed there then.

As you want me to be more direct, I shall oblige:

1) What do you see in Vladi and Josemi?

2) I agree that Morientes hasn't set the world on fire, but don't you think that, when he recovers his full match fitness and acclimatises to English football he'll be the skillful, hard-working target man Emily was supposed to be?

3) How can you not rate Finnan when he has coped easily with all the best wingers in the league?

4) How can you not rate a player like Garcia who, despite fitness and acclimatisation issues, looks certain to be in double figures for goals and also is one of the few players in the squad who is capable of something unpredictable and dangerous to the opposition?

It would be nice if we could just banter rather than have all the nonsense that accompanies any attempt at debate with you.

Garcia couldn't put weight on his foot properly, it was obvious. He had more heart in the carling cup final that the rest of the front 6 combined until didi got wound up later on.

Always asks for the ball...always. Heart isn't about tackling.

I can accept the Morientes argument, fair enough.

Finnan lacking heart, again a strange comment. To say you'd be happy with Josemi on the teamsheet and not Finnan next year smacks of insanity though.

Got to speak up for Garcia here and the accusation of " no heart " on sunday when Nando hit that volley 2 players were in front of the play, 1 stood there admiring the shot the other chased it in hoping for something to drop his way.The 2 players were Garcia and Baros.................. who scored? not the actions of someone with no heart/ commitment/effort or desire.If there is 1 player who i am willing on that little bit more at the moment then it is Garcia cos he does things that are unpredictable, possibly the 1 thing in top flight football that is hardest to defend against. Every time he tries something that doesnt work my shoulders drop cos i know thats more ammo for those that say he is a luzury we cant afford. I agree that he needs to cut it out in our third but his goals and assists are increasing . He is going to give the ball away at times but the good is now statring to outweigh the bad............. so go on little Louis get us on our feet!! (this will probably spell a run of games when he cant pass wind let alone a ball but hey the lad cares just like us)