You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nice 1

The Party Boy

They'll never find a solution to please everyone. A few years ago loads were screaming on here that ST holders got one guaranteed having never been to an earlier round. This year it was made quite plain on he renewal forms that a ST counted for fuck all in the cup games, so nobody should moan. I think a 3rd way has to be sought however, as each cup game meant something, whereas the league was written off in October. You put yer money down in June knowing there's no refund if it goes tits up and there should be some reward for that.

I understand your frustration but I disagree. The £400/£500 that gets paid at the start of the season gets you exactly what you pay for - a guaranteed ticket in the same seat every other week.

You also get first choice on away games and first choice on cup games. If a ST holder doesn't choose to go to the cup games, then fine thats their prerogative but they can't then complain about final tickets. If they were so bothered about the Carling Cup then why didn't they bother to go to any of the earlier rounds?

If any ST holder comes and says, 'well we've already paid x amount' yada yada yada, then i'll offer them a grand straight up now for their season ticket.

I spent easily £500 in the treble season travelling 300 miles round trips per game from uni. When it came to the finals I didn't get a sniff of a ticket yet there were people who went to just 3 games all season - the finals.

There's always going to be people pissed off but I think the loyalty scheme is levelling out a lot of the problems.

Well thats fair enough, but then don't moan if you can't get a ticket then.

And anyway I thought the prices were fair considering the team put out. And anyway the 'reserve' team performed far better against Boro and Spurs than the 'first' team did against Watford.

This final is a big occasion, tickets should go to people who've shown most loyalty to the club. Now a person paying 500 quid at the start of the season has shown more loyalty than someone going to two earlier rounds in the cup cos it was cheap seats. The earlier rounds was the same competition but it was totally different to the final.

Some people are bankrupting themselves to buy these season tickets, then someone who went to 2 half price cup games gets priority to a final. Its wrong

This final is a big occasion, tickets should go to people who've shown most loyalty to the club. Now a person paying 500 quid at the start of the season has shown more loyalty than someone going to two earlier rounds in the cup cos it was cheap seats. The earlier rounds was the same competition but it was totally different to the final.

Some people are bankrupting themselves to buy these season tickets, then someone who went to 2 half price cup games gets priority to a final. Its wrong

The person paying £500 pre-season is doing so because he has the opportunity to do so. I don't pay it but if I had the chance to i'd bite your hand off. I've been on that damn waiting list for 6 years now.

You can't say someone is not 'as loyal' when he doesn't do something that's impossible to do. I fully understand where you're coming from but it would only need the ST holder to get a ticket using his ST then sell it on if they were shrewd enough.

I just fail to see how you can not bother with a competition then just turn up at the final, that is wrong.

As Steve has said, its very difficult to find a happy medium but they are going in the right direction.

I've got to say I think its out of order as well. There must be another way around it.

I share someone else's ST and am waiting on the list and I've been to most of the games that werent mine on the ticket but I just couldnt justify travelling from Leeds to see us play in the early rounds.

As it happens there's no way I can afford to go anyway but it doesnt mean I'm happy about it. At the end of the day, the ground wasnt even full for some of the games and it cant be that there were no season ticket holders there so that means theres not even a lot of the non ST'ers that fancied it.

I think there has to be another way and I am gonna have a go at finding that solution. I'm not gonna sleep til I do, ah, fuck it, I'll think about it next year!

Having a season ticket means nothing at a big club because they're in such high demand.

If 10,000 fans packed it in at the end of the season, they could find another 10,000 fans to have their season tickets easily.

If we were a club like Bolton or Middlesbrough where the number of season ticket holders is low, then having a season ticket gives you more rights. Anyone can get a season ticket at a small club but only a handful do, but loads of people would love a season ticket at Anfield.

I'm getting sick of this whole argument about Cup Final tickets. A season ticket means fuck all for cup games, and the rules were made clear at the start of the season regarding loyalty and season ticket holders.

Having a season ticket means nothing at a big club because they're in such high demand.

If 10,000 fans packed it in at the end of the season, they could find another 10,000 fans to have their season tickets easily.

If we were a club like Bolton or Middlesbrough where the number of season ticket holders is low, then having a season ticket gives you more rights. Anyone can get a season ticket at a small club but only a handful do, but loads of people would love a season ticket at Anfield.

I'm getting sick of this whole argument about Cup Final tickets. A season ticket means fuck all for cup games, and the rules were made clear at the start of the season regarding loyalty and season ticket holders.

Spot on.

From what i've been told as well, there are 27,000 on the waiting list, and I know loads of other people who would buy them but aren't on the list.

Anyway I suppose the two camps just have to agree to disagree.