You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alonso broken ankle

Nunavut Patrick

It didn't look like a bad challenge from where I was to be honest. Me and our kid thought he got the ball - put it this way if Gerrard had have won the ball like that we'd be eulogising over a great tackle.

Haven't seen it on tv yet mind so maybe ill change my mind.

Gutted to see Xabi get hurt though, he's such a stunning player and its a big blow for us

It didn't look like a bad challenge from where I was to be honest. Me and our kid thought he got the ball - put it this way if Gerrard had have won the ball like that we'd be eulogising over a great tackle.

Haven't seen it on tv yet mind so maybe ill change my mind.

Gutted to see Xabi get hurt though, he's such a stunning player and its a big blow for us

Straight leg, clean hit on the ankle Xabi was standing on. What more to you want?

How can we have so much bad luck in terms of bone break injuries? I hope one day that fat twat Lampard will get such a horrid injury that will fuck him right up. You see the knob clinch his fist afterwards fucking no remorse.

I hate Chelsea mockneys more than the Mancs!!!

Straight leg, clean hit on the ankle Xabi was standing on. What more to you want?

Did you not read what I said? I said it looked like a fair enough challenge from where I was - row 60 of the kop which is a long way away so don't start getting funny wise guy.

And I still haven't seen it on telly so I'm not going to comment conclusively

Guest Dancing Dave
Did you not read what I said? I said it looked like a fair enough challenge from where I was - row 60 of the kop which is a long way away so don't start getting funny wise guy.

I've seen it, freak accident if the truth be known. A bit like today's referee.

Funny? You said something about if Gerrard had won the ball like that we'd all be happy. That's got fuck all to do with this - because Lampard didn't get the ball.

However, since he decided to go in with a straight leg, he broke Alonso's ankle when he "missed" the ball and hit the ankle instead.

I said from where I was it looked like he got the ball - and I still haven't seen the replay so I can't comment. It looked to me like he did go through Xabi but got the ball - now there is no white and black to it, every tackle is different and ill have to wait until MOTD to see exactly what kind it was

I don't wanna defend Fat Frank, but Gerrard has committed far worse tackles, as has Hamann. I still wanted the cunt to be kicked out of the game by one our lads though.

Absolutely. But Gerrard has restricted these stupid two-footed lunges (a la Naysmith), it was possibly the the only flaw in his game.

The problem with going in with a stright leg is that when you miss the ball and hit the standing leg, you cannot pull back.

Imo Lampard's tackle is very dangerous. Actually, Didi once got sent off for a tackle like that - and he got the ball cleanly.

Imo Lampard's tackle is very dangerous. Actually, Didi once got sent off for a tackle like that - and he got the ball cleanly.

Robbies last game against sunderland I think that was - remember Thommo goin mad at the guy afterwards cos of the reaction to it

Robbies last game against sunderland I think that was - remember Thommo goin mad at the guy afterwards cos of the reaction to it

That was that Bernt Haas fella wasn't it? Thommo refused to shake hands after the game if memory serves.

Was a joke of a sending off as well, it was a two-footed challenge but wasn't overly zealous and he actually never touched the lad

I said from where I was it looked like he got the ball - and I still haven't seen the replay so I can't comment. It looked to me like he did go through Xabi but got the ball - now there is no white and black to it, every tackle is different and ill have to wait until MOTD to see exactly what kind it was

I stand corrected - terrible challenge. No wonder his ankle is broken.

I don't think it was intentional but it wasn't very clever either

Match of the Day confirmed a few things for me.

1) Ians view of 'embracing' means Dudek is also off to chelski. :thumbsup:

2) Nigel Worthington drinks cold, strong coffee

3) Gerrard, Hamann and Alonso are more than a match for any midfield

4) Robert Green has the biggest underbite this side of The Wash

5) Ian Dowie is the ugliest beast in showbusiness

6) That crash you heard was the wheels coming off evertons bandwagon

What about that Kiraly for Palace - me and our kid were howling when he dived into the net trying to get his hand to the ball when it was already about 5 yards over the line. Funny as fuck.

As for the 'embrace' - I retracted the word if you read the thread through and revised it to 'more of a gesture than he showed to the other players' which it was.

Guest Dancing Dave
I stand corrected - terrible challenge. No wonder his ankle is broken.

I don't think it was intentional but it wasn't very clever either

Spot on, and Dave (U) yeh, I think he would have done it to Gerrard, because I'm certain he didn't believe he was about to break anyone's ankle. Them chips btw.....ace. :thumbsup: