You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Tenerife Lad

So this lad thats gone missing; 

Whats everyone saying?

Fucked up on a night out and an unfortunate accident or jumping in with conspiracy theorists that say he is being held against his will and the 30K is what he owes in drugs?

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

So what do we think happened to Nicola Bulley?

A water bottle landed on her head and knocked her out cold while she fell into the drink 

She’d just been vaccinated and all 

They say there’s no two people on earth exactly the same. No two faces, no two sets of fingerprints. But do they know that for sure? ’Cuz they would have to get everybody together in one huge space. And obviously that’s not possible, even with computers. But not only that, they’d have to get all the people that ever lived, not just the ones now. So they got no proof. They got nothin.

sopranos-christopher.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

It really is a moral conundrum.

The "fat man on a bridge" of our time.

On the one hand, a young lad has gone missing in an isolated wasteland, far from home.

On the other hand...

He's recently been found guilty of assault and battery when he and a group of acquaintances chased and set about a lad with bats and other weapons.

He's getting an inordinate (and unfathomable) amount of publicity in the British media, when similar or "worse" cases are ignored.

He's as shady as Martyn Samuel's arse crevice, and is speculated to be involved in drug dealing and possible theft whilst abroad.

A story of redemption - a man who after a brush with death, has searched his soul and after recognising a life thus-far wasted, has vowed to live a life of sacrifice and service.

A story of hypocrisy and disappointment when a man cashes in his GoFundMe account and documents his 6 month bender in Ibiza for a Vice/Dave co-production documentary.

• Upvote 1

Yeah true. I hope he’s found alive and well. Then it will all unravel. It’s one thing taking the piss on here but Facebook groups etc set up to find the lad isn’t where it should be done. At the end of the day, a mum is worried sick about her missing son. 

• Upvote 1

But I think the real story here is the Facebook / Twitter accounts set up for members of the Great British public to share their suggestions and resources.

Oddly, it is overwhelmingly young women who seem to be posting, or at least posting the most quotable ideas and suggestions.

It probably pre-dates her and I didn't notice it as much, but I can't help thinking of Jade Goody at times like this.  An absolute damning inditement of the education system in Britain, and the shift to a pride in ignorance, and the promise of fame and fortune through social media pathways.

This isn't me being a snob (though I recognsie it may come across as such), it is a real concern about British culture.  We need bright, capable working class women if British society is to ever make a recovery.

Schools don't create the culture, they are populated by people who are the culture.  We need a shift.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, razor said:

But I think the real story here is the Facebook / Twitter accounts set up for members of the Great British public to share their suggestions and resources.

Oddly, it is overwhelmingly young women who seem to be posting, or at least posting the most quotable ideas and suggestions.

It probably pre-dates her and I didn't notice it as much, but I can't help thinking of Jade Goody at times like this.  An absolute damning inditement of the education system in Britain, and the shift to a pride in ignorance, and the promise of fame and fortune through social media pathways.

This isn't me being a snob (though I recognsie it may come across as such), it is a real concern about British culture.  We need bright, capable working class women if British society is to ever make a recovery.

Schools don't create the culture, they are populated by people who are the culture.  We need a shift.

A fair percentage of humans are thicker than shite in the neck of a bottle, they've been given a platform now & generally the least intelligent, are the loudest.

I agree there is a tendency for people to wallow in their ignorance, probably a very difficult culture to change. Meanwhile, we can only marvel at the Facebook comments.

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

A fair percentage of humans are thicker than shite in the neck of a bottle, they've been given a platform now & generally the least intelligent, are the loudest.

A harsh but fair appraisal of the GF

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mook said:

I agree there is a tendency for people to wallow in their ignorance, probably a very difficult culture to change. Meanwhile, we can only marvel at the Facebook comments.

The Facebook comments remind me of the time that lad from Huyton accidentally killed himself with a gun he was fucking around with. If I remember correctly, 4chan (or Reddit) got onto his memorial page on FB and tore it up.

Only this time, it's people being serious.

8 hours ago, razor said:

What have composing music or writing literature got to do with this. I assumed that it was the complete opposite

About 5 years ago a woman at work started posting about her cousin who’d gone missing after a night out in the village.  He was gone 3 days.  Then it all stopped.  

Turns out he’d gone on a chem sex shaggathon with 3 blokes he’d just met.  She doesn’t really mention it. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2