You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Questions for the pod

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Yeah, other than that little bit of chanting about killing each other, but what's that against a couple of idiots pissing in a pool ?

Because the England fans haven’t been singing about killing their hosts the entire time they’ve been there.

14 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

Confirm who has the best national anthem and you must then sing the  winners national anthem, in the style of Danny La Rue.

That isn't even a discussion, there's one clear winner - Italy.

I haven't watched either of their games so far but I tuned n five minutes before to sing the anthem. Actually that's not quite true as I narrowly missed it the first time but I went on iplayer, clicked the 'watch from beginning' option and then forwarded it to the anthem and belted it out. I know every word, have done for about 15 years and I occasionally play it in the car just to keep ticking over for when the summer tournaments come along.

I could sing it on the pod but frankly no-one really needs to hear that.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• dave u unpinned this topic
3 minutes ago, dave u said:

That isn't even a discussion, there's one clear winner - Italy.

I haven't watched either of their games so far but I tuned n five minutes before to sing the anthem. Actually that's not quite true as I narrowly missed it the first time but I went on iplayer, clicked the 'watch from beginning' option and then forwarded it to the anthem and belted it out. I know every word, have done for about 15 years and I occasionally play it in the car just to keep ticking over for when the summer tournaments come along.

I could sing it on the pod but frankly no-one really needs to hear that.

You confusing it with France?

We addressed that on the pod and I exposed Paul for the rampant hypocrisy he's showing with regards to pronunciations. He won't roll his r's and pronounce Arne correctly because he's worried about sounding like a dickhead, but he will try and sound like a Frenchman when saying croissant and castigates me for not doing so.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Why do people pronounce Arne "Arn-ee" or "Ar-Nee" as opposed to "Arn-uh" or "Arn-a" when John "Arn-UH" or "Arn-a" Riise was a Liverpool player for multiple seasons?

Arn- eh isn't it. Kevin Webster style.. Sall-eh 

I've only listened to 37 minutes of the pod so far my missus asked me to turn that shit off.

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Arn- eh isn't it. Kevin Webster style.. Sall-eh 

I've only listened to 37 minutes of the pod so far my missus asked me to turn that shit off.

Arm hair envy is a terrible thing.