You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euros Sweepstake

10 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Had to do a quick Wikipedia check on my boys ( reluctantly)  Georgia. 

2nd country in the world to legalise cannabis. 

Currency is the Georgian Lari. 

And I'm also assuming there's more than a fair bit of organised crime there. 

Come on you little Georgian criminal fucks. 

Win one for the Zipper.

The group could have been worse. Portugal are good but Turkey and Czech Republic are not fantastic. You might score a goal!

13 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Had to do a quick Wikipedia check on my boys ( reluctantly)  Georgia. 

2nd country in the world to legalise cannabis. 

Currency is the Georgian Lari. 

And I'm also assuming there's more than a fair bit of organised crime there. 

Come on you little Georgian criminal fucks. 

Win one for the Zipper.

Georgia is an absolutely boss little country, terrific food and wine, amazing diverse countryside and very generous people, went there on my honeymoon. I have been to over 50 countries yet this is the only one where passport control greeted me with a welcome to Georgia and a bottle of wine. It's also the only country where strangers paid for our meal in a restaurant, this happened 2 nights running.

The only negative is if you want to buy shoes it's almost impossible to find any sizes above size 8. Oh and their football team are a tad shite.

7 hours ago, Remmie said:

Georgia is an absolutely boss little country, terrific food and wine, amazing diverse countryside and very generous people, went there on my honeymoon. I have been to over 50 countries yet this is the only one where passport control greeted me with a welcome to Georgia and a bottle of wine. It's also the only country where strangers paid for our meal in a restaurant, this happened 2 nights running.

The only negative is if you want to buy shoes it's almost impossible to find any sizes above size 8. Oh and their football team are a tad shite.

Fully functioning representative democracy even in the teeth of the Russian bear. In queue to join the EU. Seems like the kind of plucky little underdog I can get behind ( not that I have much choice). 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, diamondjoe said:

Fully functioning representative democracy even in the teeth of the Russian bear. In queue to join the EU. Seems like the kind of plucky little underdog I can get behind ( not that I have much choice). 

Yeah their prime minister several years ago declared war on corruption and seized the assets and wealth of anyone who couldn't prove where their money came from and redistributed it into all the establishments where corruption had been rife - like border control, embassies etc.

On 11/06/2024 at 19:48, Remmie said:

Yeah their prime minister several years ago declared war on corruption and seized the assets and wealth of anyone who couldn't prove where their money came from and redistributed it into all the establishments where corruption had been rife - like border control, embassies etc.

Before you get all giddy.

'At least 30,000 Georgians served in the German Army during ww2. The Georgians trained in Western Ukraine and became operational in the Autumn of 1942.'

On 13/06/2024 at 20:03, VladimirIlyich said:

Before you get all giddy.

'At least 30,000 Georgians served in the German Army during ww2. The Georgians trained in Western Ukraine and became operational in the Autumn of 1942.'

Just to set your mind at ease I am decidedly vexed that these Georgians of 80 years ago fought for the axis. Vexed I tell you, vexed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Completely forgot my glorious Slovakian boys were playing.

Can't watch now otherwise I'll jinx it.

Get that fucking telly on 

IMG_8933.gif

• Haha 1

On 11/06/2024 at 12:23, Remmie said:

No chance you’re over a size 8 shoe