You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAR - the poll

VAR - the poll   

123 members have voted

1. 1. VAR

• Fuck this shit off
    • I think it's just marvelous, keep it

I think it's far from marvellous but I have voted to keep it.  Think English officials are bad now? Wait until you see them (off the back of a season doing whatever the fuck they like even with VAR) without VAR - empowered beyond belief.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Moo said:

I think it's far from marvellous but I have voted to keep it.  Think English officials are bad now? Wait until you see them (off the back of a season doing whatever the fuck they like even with VAR) without VAR - empowered beyond belief.

Yeah people quickly forget how many decisions the likes of Utd and latterly, City, used to get pre-VAR. Especially offsides in City's case (I remember a few in 13-14). All with no comeback. What better way to go back to that than to make a complete arse of VAR so that everyone hates it.

59 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Surely if Wolves have tabled this there would habe been discussions with other Clubs to make them confident they'll get enough votes for it to get fucked off. 

115 will vote against it as will pur gobshote neighbours. 

According to sky we're the leading voice in keeping it. 

53 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

This genuinely makes me feel sick to my stomach.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that our slippery cunt owners want to keep it. They'll be wanting league games played abroad next. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Code said:

You can celebrate goals, absolutely no problem at all.

You can celebrate goals the same way you celebrated goals before, only for it to be flagged for offside, the good thing now though is that you can celebrate it again when the goal stands because VAR overturn the refs decision.

The celebration argument is fuckin bollocks, celebration is just good in the heat of the moment anyway, that’s the same with or without VAR. 

Robot?

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wonder who makes these decisions for the club. The owners? Manager? Analysts? God we can’t half arse things up as a club sometimes. If it’s true. 

It's a potentially useful tool but it is in the hands of absolute cunts who have applied it in the wrong way and who have a fundamental problem with their whole approach to it.

They won't make it work, so get fucking rid of it.

• Upvote 1

There should be var trained officials that only work in var. They shouldn't even know the officials doing the games.

The current system has them all protecting each other.

At least with var, every little decision is highlighted and talked about. The old ways will have them back under cover and not giving a fuck about any of us supporters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Rugby League has had it for over 20 years and they get it spot on in half the time with much more margin for error. 

It’s a cunts run thing and needs to be scrapped. Otherwise fuck linesmen off and have lines on the pitch like the NFL but more. 

In other words, leave the fucking game alone. You go the game to go mental when your side score. That’s the main reason you go. Now you jump about for about for about 3 seconds then it’s all eyes on the ref has he got his hand to his ear, is he a massive mason, a manc even, fuck off 

6 hours ago, Code said:

The celebration argument is fuckin bollocks, celebration is just good in the heat of the moment anyway, that’s the same with or without VAR. 

Is it fuck. Before, a goal would be scored and in a split second you'd glance at the lino to see if he raises flag or if he or the ref are running back to the half way line. In a split second that happened. And you knew it was a goal. 

Now they pull the play back for some shit that happened 20 secs before sometimes. No fucking way is the pure joy of football the same. 

It's got to a point where you don't celebrate, because you're half thinking "why release this emotion" I know how this story ends.

I watch football for moments like Gerrard against West Ham in the fa cup final, not for some cunt to rule it out because a player moved into Shaka Hislops eye line.

VAR has killed football for the fans, it's no suprise the clubs are voting to keep it in. They are so far detached from what football means to supporters it's not even funny. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, an tha said:

It's a potentially useful tool but it is in the hands of absolute cunts who have applied it in the wrong way and who have a fundamental problem with their whole approach to it.

They won't make it work, so get fucking rid of it.

Yep it’s the fuckers using it that’s the problem. As an example if you look at the Hudson Odoi incident v the bitters . How anybody with 2 eyes could say no contact is beyond belief . For that alone  the team assessing that should be put out to grass.

8 hours ago, Code said:

You can celebrate goals, absolutely no problem at all.

You can celebrate goals the same way you celebrated goals before, only for it to be flagged for offside, the good thing now though is that you can celebrate it again when the goal stands because VAR overturn the refs decision.

This is completely daft and wrong. 

Firstly, the idea it’s the same as before because a goal could be flagged offside is nonsense. Before - the goal would be scored and if there was a chance of offside you’d take a split-second look at the linesman and if he was running back to the halfway line, you’d know and you’d continue going mad in the stands. Not now. Now the game entirely stops for at least a minute while some pillock draws lines and you look at screen grabs on your tv wondering if his forehead is ahead of his toe. Then we have the further stupidity of Darwin’s offside goal against Villa - Before, the flag would have been up before he even scores. Now, we have to wait until the ball hits the net, and we all don’t celebrate as we think there’s a decent chance it’s offside, so we wait and wait. And even if it’s finally given it’s a muted celebration. Certainly not the elation of immediately knowing. 

I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve sat passively after a goal went in as I’ve thought it might be offside or they’ll find some daft push, or a pass 5 passes before in the move that was just offside. But then you see the reply 10 seconds later and realise it might be onside, and then 2 minutes of VAR shite and they finally give it and the moment has passed. You’re happy, but the moment of elation is gone. The very best moment in football is stolen from you. 

We even see it with players. Look at your hero Salah. I remember him scoring a goal and doing the wobbly hand thing to say he’s not sure. Then they all stood around and waited, instead of in the old days, Salah just looks over his shoulder and checks the linesman and then properly celebrates. In this case they finally gave the goal and it was just high fives like it was the 5th goal in injury time of a hammering, and not a key goal to take the lead. 

The goals such as strikes from outside the box where you are pretty sure it’s ok and you celebrate just remind you of how good it used to be. Even a header from a corner now can’t really be properly celebrated as you’re waiting for the inevitable “VAR check for a possible foul” and the groan goes around the stadium and your head. 

Final confirmation your post is just wrong, is every single professional player who’s spoken of it has said it’s stolen that goal scoring emotion from a goal. The latest being Wayne Rooney, who knows a thing or two about scoring goals. 

I know you like to take contrarian positions a lot of the time, but this one really is just daft and demonstrably wrong. 

• Upvote 6

Everything about VAR is wrong.

It has completely taken the emotion out of the game and I pray for footballs sake it's removed. Do I think it will be? No. However, I hope the clubs that vote against removing it are challenged by their own supporters. 

10 hours ago, TheSire said:

So we need to keep it away from them. You don't let kids play with matches because they can't be trusted.

They’ll still be the on field officials though…

It’s a vicious circle of shite and I always think the starting & end positions is the officials.

20 minutes ago, Welsh said:

It has completely taken the emotion out of the game and I pray for footballs sake it's removed. Do I think it will be? No. However, I hope the clubs that vote against removing it are challenged by their own supporters. 

I’m very fortunate to likely go to more games than most, therefore are normally the last to know with decisions, I can honestly say I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I’ve checked a celebration thinking it’ll be disallowed. 

It’s far more annoying when you’ve celebrated, given it biftas and then it’s disallowed !!!

After lasts night latest var controversy in the utd and Newcastle match, you'd nearly think that the refs are deliberately making a bollox of the decisions to try and get it scrapped themselves. 

How the fuck did they not give Gordon a penalty when your man amrabat clearly kicks him in the achilles. 

Anyone that thinks this thing is fit for purpose, and also the shitebags using it, ate fucking mental. 

Bin it, and get new refs. 

12 hours ago, Mook said:

Good post this and this can't be stated enough, now is the chance for supporters to save our sport from this interloper.

Sing 'Fuck VAR' on Sunday, get banners made, lobby SOS, lobby the club & lobby the PL. If people stick together, they can force change.

Plus get a blow job off @The Midnight Rambler, every little helps.

5 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Is it fuck. Before, a goal would be scored and in a split second you'd glance at the lino to see if he raises flag or if he or the ref are running back to the half way line. In a split second that happened. And you knew it was a goal. 

Now they pull the play back for some shit that happened 20 secs before sometimes. No fucking way is the pure joy of football the same. 

It's got to a point where you don't celebrate, because you're half thinking "why release this emotion" I know how this story ends.

I watch football for moments like Gerrard against West Ham in the fa cup final, not for some cunt to rule it out because a player moved into Shaka Hislops eye line.

VAR has killed football for the fans, it's no suprise the clubs are voting to keep it in. They are so far detached from what football means to supporters it's not even funny. 

You need to celebrate better. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

This is completely daft and wrong. 

Firstly, the idea it’s the same as before because a goal could be flagged offside is nonsense. Before - the goal would be scored and if there was a chance of offside you’d take a split-second look at the linesman and if he was running back to the halfway line, you’d know and you’d continue going mad in the stands. Not now. Now the game entirely stops for at least a minute while some pillock draws lines and you look at screen grabs on your tv wondering if his forehead is ahead of his toe. Then we have the further stupidity of Darwin’s offside goal against Villa - Before, the flag would have been up before he even scores. Now, we have to wait until the ball hits the net, and we all don’t celebrate as we think there’s a decent chance it’s offside, so we wait and wait. And even if it’s finally given it’s a muted celebration. Certainly not the elation of immediately knowing. 

I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve sat passively after a goal went in as I’ve thought it might be offside or they’ll find some daft push, or a pass 5 passes before in the move that was just offside. But then you see the reply 10 seconds later and realise it might be onside, and then 2 minutes of VAR shite and they finally give it and the moment has passed. You’re happy, but the moment of elation is gone. The very best moment in football is stolen from you. 

We even see it with players. Look at your hero Salah. I remember him scoring a goal and doing the wobbly hand thing to say he’s not sure. Then they all stood around and waited, instead of in the old days, Salah just looks over his shoulder and checks the linesman and then properly celebrates. In this case they finally gave the goal and it was just high fives like it was the 5th goal in injury time of a hammering, and not a key goal to take the lead. 

The goals such as strikes from outside the box where you are pretty sure it’s ok and you celebrate just remind you of how good it used to be. Even a header from a corner now can’t really be properly celebrated as you’re waiting for the inevitable “VAR check for a possible foul” and the groan goes around the stadium and your head. 

Final confirmation your post is just wrong, is every single professional player who’s spoken of it has said it’s stolen that goal scoring emotion from a goal. The latest being Wayne Rooney, who knows a thing or two about scoring goals. 

I know you like to take contrarian positions a lot of the time, but this one really is just daft and demonstrably wrong. 

No, then you dont really celebrate.

Live the moment. 

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I'd rather get rid of Webb, the standards have plummeted since he took over. Plus the whole moonlighting thing, which is still inexcusable.

This has far more importance than it is being given, freebies and jaunts are discouraged in every other area where unbiased actions are required, but Webb and his cabal get away with it?
Needs highlighting just as much, if not more, than whether VAR is kept in my humble opinion.