You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Aston Villa 3 Liverpool 3 - Match Reaction

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

His injury record is shocking. 

It's not THAT bad, for sure we need others in there.  You won't get a better backup CB anywhere. 

He also comes back well from injury, usually steps back in to an excellent level. 

I actually think we might be fending off big offers this summer. 

I’ve always associated Denis Wise with being the first player I saw bringing his kids on the pitch. He brought his baby son up with him to the royal box when Chelsea won the FA Cup some time in the 90s I think. Even if he wasn’t the first it’s another reason to hate him. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

That intro was unexpected. I was expecting a fairly relaxed Pod, the passion for a dead rubber caught me by surprise. We had 7 years were something has been on the line come May, personally I've taking the opportunity to watch the Spurs and Villa games with a high degree of relaxation. Wolves will be different and then it gets serious again.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Spot on with the kids and wives fucking around the pitch. I’m outta there, fucked if I’m hanging around to watch them and it definitely was Carragher who started that shite. Cringey as fuck. Nobodies fucking interested in your wife and kids….learn it. Everyone should just walk out 

• Thanks 1

It’s bad enough that they miss important games while on fantastic money to be present at the birth without rubbing our noses in it a couple of years later.  

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

On 15/05/2024 at 15:25, Vincent Vega said:

I’ve always associated Denis Wise with being the first player I saw bringing his kids on the pitch. He brought his baby son up with him to the royal box when Chelsea won the FA Cup some time in the 90s I think. Even if he wasn’t the first it’s another reason to hate him. 

Yeah that rings a bell actually 

The wives and kids on the pitch doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I think it’d be a bit shitty to stop toddlers and very young kids from having a run around, and then their mums will alway come with them. it certainly wouldn’t impact my ability to applaud the players or wave goodbye to Klopp. 

One of the nicest final day sights is that video of Salah watching his daughter running to the Kop goal, kicking it in, and the crowd cheering. The big beaming smile on Salah was lovely. 

I think if I was a Liverpool player I’d have my kids with me. And my wife too so I could hand them over if a club reporter wants an interview. 

I suppose I somewhat understand not liking it, but people saying they’re not staying to say goodbye to Klopp because of it is a bit of an overreaction. 

• Upvote 3

It's not a jolly for them and their families, that's not what this was meant to be about. It's crept in somehow though and it's shit. Let the kids on the pitch when it's all over, no problem with that at all. 

It used to be the game ended, the players did their lap of appreciation and we went home. Now they go off the pitch, we all wait around for ages while they get their kids, wives, brothers, nephews etc and the whole thing is just shit.

As for Salah's daughter scoring in front of the Kop, yeah it was cute up until the moment she became a more reliable finisher than her dad.

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dave u said:

It's not a jolly for them and their families, that's not what this was meant to be about. It's crept in somehow though and it's shit. Let the kids on the pitch when it's all over, no problem with that at all. 

It used to be the game ended, the players did their lap of appreciation and we went home. Now they go off the pitch, we all wait around for ages while they get their kids, wives, brothers, nephews etc and the whole thing is just shit.

As for Salah's daughter scoring in front of the Kop, yeah it was cute up until the moment she became a more reliable finisher than her dad.

Why not though?

Why does everything about being a football fan have to be so serious, and in many cases, joyless? It seems anytime a bit of fun comes into the game the po-faced fun vampires circle to tell us to stop. 

• dave u unpinned this topic