You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does anyone think we'll beat Leverkusen?

Stephen Adams.

Sorry if I'm a bit pessimistic on the day of the draw. Its the one I wanted but I really don't fancy us to beat any top European side at the minute.

By the way, had to laugh when Sky called Barcelona-Chelsea the tie of the tournament. Considering the history of Real Madrid-Juventus or Man United-AC Milan or Bayern-Arsenal that really is fucking stupid!

Chelsea indeed!

Nomark bastards.

All better now.

Sorry if I'm a bit pessimistic on the day of the draw. Its the one I wanted but I really don't fancy us to beat any top European side at the minute.

By the way, had to laugh when Sky called Barcelona-Chelsea the tie of the tournament. Considering the history of Real Madrid-Juventus or Man United-AC Milan or Bayern-Arsenal that really is fucking stupid!

Chelsea indeed!

Nomark bastards.

All better now.

Football wise, it could well be the best tie. If you gave me a choice of which one i would like to watch, it would be that one or the Madrid/Juve one, but as Madrid are a pale shadow of the side they once were, i'd plump for the Barca game because they have been majestic this season. As much as i hate them, Chelsea have the capability to make that game a classic.

There's a great opportunity here if we beat Leverkusen- two other ties include Monaco, PSV, Lyon and Bremen- which means the QF will provide the possiblilitiy for a draw against two of those teams and a good chance of getting to the SF- by then Rafa will be getting 100% from the team. Some big names are going to fall.

I reckon Barca, RM, Arsenal, AC and Inter, LFC will be the big squads through.

Honestly, I cannot see us beating them over two legs. The heart says yes but the brain says we are more "miss" than "hit" at the moment. Shite against Everton and pompey and we rode our luck againts the Greeks.

We should not have to hope that Baros is fully fit by then, or hope that the players will have adjusted to Benitez's style of play, thats just bollox, its already Christmas, how much time do they need. Lets just hope that Josemi and Nunez are missing from the line up and Kewell avoids people from the Solomon Islands between now and then.

Honestly, I cannot see us beating them over two legs. The heart says yes but the brain says we are more "miss" than "hit" at the moment. Shite against Everton and pompey and we rode our luck againts the Greeks.

We should not have to hope that Baros is fully fit by then, or hope that the players will have adjusted to Benitez's style of play, thats just bollox, its already Christmas, how much time do they need. Lets just hope that Josemi and Nunez are missing from the line up and Kewell avoids people from the Solomon Islands between now and then.

Still don't think we were that bad against Portsmouth. Second half we battered them and should have scored at least 3 or 4. One of those all too familiar frustrating nights.

Still don't think we were that bad against Portsmouth. Second half we battered them and should have scored at least 3 or 4. One of those all too familiar frustrating nights.

I did not see the game, but I read the match report from Dave.

I hope we beat BL, but they already did very well in a tough group and will know they can sneak a win at Anfield.