You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BEST EVER Movie Quote

Gav

'Get busy living, or get busy dying'

Just watched Shawshank for the first time in many a year as I've had it on my shelf not watched since I bought it as a 2-sided dvd - remember those??

Stunning, just stunning.

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend."

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leia: I love you

Han: I know

Colour Sergeant Bourne: It's a miracle.

Lieutenant John Chard: If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Box of Henry point 45 caliber miracle.

Colour Sergeant Bourne: And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind.

Ex-Leper: Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper?

Brian: Did you say "ex-leper"?

Ex-Leper: That's right, sir, 16 years behind a veil and proud of it, sir.

Brian: Well, what happened?

Ex-Leper: Oh, cured, sir.

Brian: Cured?

Ex-Leper: Yes sir, bloody miracle, sir. Bless you!

Brian: Who cured you?

Ex-Leper: Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! "You're cured, mate." Bloody do-gooder.

Hmmm. A lot of people are confusing great scenes with great quotes.

"Your gonna need a bigger boat" was a great line and a huge part of the film.

Ray Liotta getting a blow job is not a great movie quote, nor, quite franky, was it a particularly great scene.

I've seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain......time to die.

That's the one I was gonna quote mate, brilliant film Bladerunner.

Bystander in crowd: "what did he just say? I didn't hear him"

Other bystander: "I think he said blessed are the cheesemakers"

Prisoner "Nice one centurion"

In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance.

In Switzerland they had brotherly-love, peace and 500 years of democracy yet what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

The Third Man

There's a load of great ones in Donnie Darko, crazy film that you won't understand but still love (if anyone's seen it).

'How exactly does one suck a fuck?'

'Yeah i am weird and i am afraid, but i think you're the fucking anti-christ'.

'Why do wear that stupid bunny suit?' Reply - 'Why do you wear that stupid man suit?'

Thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

"Remember I promised to kill you last? I lied" -Commando

"death by stereo" - Lost boys

" If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya. - Lock stock

"Why don't you shut up, bitch. And as for your ugly ass, let me tell you something. You don't come into my friends house, with your faggot friends, driving your dirty motorcycles all over his nice clean floor, stinking the place out. And believe me, you do stink. Now here's what you're gonna do. You're going to

let go of the girls and apologize to all these people. Get on your bikes and pedal your ugly asses out of here."

Anthony Michael Hall faces down a gang of mutant bikers who have crashed his friends party Weird Science (1985)

Still cracks me up after all these years.

One from my movie of the evening, Dead Mans Shoes:

"God will forgive them. He’ll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can’t live with that."

Life of Brian:

"If you call me Bignose once more I'll smash your fucking face in"

"Are you the Judean Peoples Front?" "Fuck off"

LOTR:

Pippin: "It's Elven bread. One mouthful will feed a man for days. How many pieces have you had?"

Merry: "Four."