You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

No one better than Endo we could get. The scouts are clearly not doing their jobs properly if they can’t fine anyone better than him. Typical nonsense. We’ll sign a few lads for depth and no more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Sounds like there won't be a number 6 brought in. Not overly surprised as we have a lot of midfielders and i think they'll think that those thúat run out of steam last year might step up after a year to get used to the league. Posssibility of Trent playing there and Bajectic being fit again. Morton will also get a chance in preseason to see if he can be a squad option. 

"Has been" is past tense. Which could suggest they think there is one now. 

As @Freddo says, they're not doing their jobs if they don't think there's not quite a significant step up on endo out there. If we're getting to a position of we only sign world class players for cheap money, well we're probably not signing anyone and we'll get back to no midfield signings in years and years like we did before last summer. It's just nonsense to suggest we can't upgrade at #6. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

"Has been" is past tense. Which could suggest they think there is one now. 

As @Freddo says, they're not doing their jobs if they don't think there's not quite a significant step up on endo out there. If we're getting to a position of we only sign world class players for cheap money, well we're probably not signing anyone and we'll get back to no midfield signings in years and years like we did before last summer. It's just nonsense to suggest we can't upgrade at #6. 

Lynch has already said, after being misquoted by one of the aggregate accounts today, that he was talking about previous seasons.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Freddo said:

No one better than Endo we could get. The scouts are clearly not doing their jobs properly if they can’t fine anyone better than him. Typical nonsense. We’ll sign a few lads for depth and no more. 

The inference isn't there's nobody better though, it's is their anyone who would significantly move the dial.

Do you play 50-60-70 million for an incremental improvement?

They weren't looking for somebody who is a little bit better and a little bit younger they were looking for a game changer in that position (and it would have been led by Klopp/Ljinders with Schmadtke working on their behalf which is how we ended up with Endo in the first place).

After Caicedo it appears they didn't think their was and it also explains why they refused to  pay the money for Lavia.

• Upvote 1

We've had 12 months to find a new number six.

We should have a decent list and sign the best available player.

Endo did a good job overall last season but he is clearly a stop gap signing.

We can't keep saying that there's no one available! 

People don't want to accept it saying that you can't count on Bajectic but there is no way the club are looking at it that way. They have said time and time again that they will not block the path to first team football for players that believe have a big future and he will be one of them 

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sticking with players who aren't good enough isn't inherently a better decision just because it costs nothing.

It’s not inherently better but if the idea to not spend £50m today for a marginal upgrade and then eventually spend £80m+ later then it makes sense but in any case the original quote was talking about the past.

This part isn’t directed at you - As far as Bajectic goes, time is on his side but he’s already had a major injury that’s basically kept him out of the side for a 1.5 seasons. I’ve got no idea how Slot sees the current squad but on paper DM is our most glaringly obvious need ,with another CB alongside that because of injury concerns, and perhaps a forward because they all shit the bed too many times last season and maybe Slot wants a different kind of player there anyway.

I appreciate there’s some of our supporters out there that believe we only bid on Caicedo to fuck Chelsea over but I don’t think that’s the case. I think the club got assurances from his agent that he was willing to come but the player was set on Chelsea. All speculation on my part though. If it is true though then the club can’t do much about that, and his form for most of last season would suggest we dodged a bullet anyway. Even if I think he would’ve been better for us than for Chelsea. 

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The transfer window has been open for two days and the FF has decided that Liverpool have settled for mediocrity because we haven't signed anyone.

That’s not fair. I always give them at least seven days before I start in on FSG.

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

People don't want to accept it saying that you can't count on Bajectic but there is no way the club are looking at it that way. They have said time and time again that they will not block the path to first team football for players that believe have a big future and he will be one of them 

It's not about blocking paths or not. It's about being realistic. If bajcetic was available on the market after half a dozen premier league games and about 15 months out, it would be a joke to suggest he could contribute and people would.rightly go mental if we bought him. He's at the club, so he's a free bonus if he works out, but you don't leave your first team short based on what is effectively a figment of imagination, which is all bajcetic is at this point. If they care that much about his progress, we'll get a top class 6 and sell endo. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

It's not about blocking paths or not. It's about being realistic. If bajcetic was available on the market after half a dozen premier league games and about 15 months out, it would be a joke to suggest he could contribute and people would.rightly go mental if we bought him. He's at the club, so he's a free bonus if he works out, but you don't leave your first team short based on what is effectively a figment of imagination, which is all bajcetic is at this point. If they care that much about his progress, we'll get a top class 6 and sell endo. 

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The transfer window has been open for two days and the FF has decided that Liverpool have settled for mediocrity because we haven't signed anyone.

I would settle for the manager just showing up at this point.

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What kept it!!

15 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

I wouldnt mind being locked in her wardrobe. 

Only if she's inside too.....otherwise as far as I'm concerned, it may aswell just be any other wardrobe. 

• Upvote 1