You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

52 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

We should be looking at £30m for Kelleher, £20m for Van den Berg and £20m for Morton.

Can't see us getting that. Kelleher might get a good fee as he has a good spell last year. But I don't see us getting more than half that for the other two. 

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I fundamentally don’t see how this is enforceable?

IMG_1833.jpeg

I agree, its really difficult to prove, unless some emails are leaked etc. If their was a pattern of this over seasons  then maybe there would be a case. I know Juventus have been doing this sort of thing for years and got caught for it but I think they'd done it loads. 

1 minute ago, Street Preacher said:

I agree, its really difficult to prove, unless some emails are leaked etc. If their was a pattern of this over seasons  then maybe there would be a case. I know Juventus have been doing this sort of thing for years and got caught for it but I think they'd done it loads. 

With Douglas Luiz (and his girlfriend who plays for Villa ladies) going to Juventus, this feels somewhat convenient…

IMG_1834.png

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Raphinha is moving to Saudi for around 70ml which Barcelona will use to buy Diaz

Williams is going there according to some Basque journalist I heard earlier in the week. €50m buyout clause.

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

Williams is going there according to some Basque journalist I heard earlier in the week. €50m buyout clause.

That's supposed to have cooled as Deco wants Diaz. Who knows though

• Upvote 1

Juventus got a 15 point deduction for accountancy violations, namely inflating the value of assets. They were listed on the stock exchange so maybe those rules aren't applicable to the 4 PL sides but it looks dodgy as hell. 

I can't get too arsed about the amortisation stuff, it's just an accountancy fiddle in the first place. But it all has to be accounted for at some point, it's just kicking the can down the road and that's what accountants do with all manner of things if they can. Even if they're inflating the fees, as an example Everton and villa sell each other 10m players who are really valued at 1m to meet PSR deficits this year. But they'll have 2m in amortisation for the next 5 years - these are clubs walking right ropes. It looks like Newcastle and Everton couldn't agree a deal today. I don't think it's going to be that easy to do. And every time you do one of these deals, if you want the player to go along with it, he'll want more money to go elsewhere and their agent will want his cut, which will just bring more cost to those clubs. I don't think it's a sustainable solution, but if the existing PSR rules are only short term, it might help them down the line as the can kicking might not be one tomorrow problem. 

Asking for 8 Million for Nat Phillips. I still cant see it.

27 year old with 80 career appearances, 2/3's of which have been in the second division.

Fair play to the money men if they make it happen.

3 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

These deals starting to proliferate now might indicate that they are going to get rid of/alter ffp some time in the near future.

They want to (for 25/26), but just can't agree, so the existing rules stay in place in the mean time. But it won't help these sides on the fiddle if we get the type of thing we expect. It's expected to have similarities to uefa rules anyway, but with this added anchoring nonsense. And none of it matters if they're teams in Europe - that's clear from 25/26 season, you can't spend more than 70% (it's 80% this season) of revenues on wages , agents fee and amortisation. So all these deals happening now, adding amortisation costs for the next 5 years, only hurts these clubs further down the line. It looks like the likes of Everton with no hope of Europe, will get help with maybe being at 80-85% under PL rules, but if they ever fluke a place in Europe, they've got to be at 70% anyway. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

Asking for 8 Million for Nat Phillips. I still cant see it.

27 year old with 80 career appearances, 2/3's of which have been in the second division.

Fair play to the money men if they make it happen.

What happened to him last year? 

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What happened to him last year? 

He missed the first half of the season, when he didn't get a game for Celtic, but he did relatively well at Cardiff by all accounts in the second half.

Championship is probably his level in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, John102 said:

He missed the first half of the season, when he didn't get a game for Celtic, but he did relatively well at Cardiff by all accounts in the second half.

Championship is probably his level in my opinion.

He did alright getting Bournemouth promoted too if I recall correctly? They never showed any interest in keeping him though. At this point in his career though, he needs to get himself a club and try and have a career (although I think I've been saying that for 2 years). 

Phillips should have been sold years ago

Chelsea absolutely take the piss with this but the hoarding of players and subsuquent loans of players needs stopping from all the bigger clubs.  It should be a a senior squad of 25 players anyone over 21 not registered should be free to leave the club (all U21's exempt from registration if have been at that club for 3 years or more ie development players)

• Upvote 1