You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 2024 General Election Thread

Bjornebye

Who Do You Plan To Vote For? (Voters names not public)   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Plan To Vote For? (Voters names not public)

• Labour
    • Tory
    • Lib-Dems
    • Green
    • Reform
    • Other (Please State)
    • None, they can all fuck off
    • None - I'm not eligible to vote

14 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Think he was more nuanced than that mate. I reckon he deliberately framed it as he wasn’t aware of any other ‘Tory candidates’. There’ll be more SPADS and family members for sure. 

Aye, you're probably right. And he's probably also said to everyone he doesn't want to know if they've done something, so he can deny he knew they'd done it. 

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Funny they spent 14 years watching the Tories loot the entire country,and didn't say a word

Absolute bollocks. Why are centre left journalists now getting vilified? Crick is one of the best journalists in the country. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Does anyone listen to the News Agents podcast? I've just listened to it for yesterday. How thoroughly depressing and a shocking picture of the UK electorate. They did a thing where they have been saying the pollsters have identified "Whitby woman" as the voter to win in this election. And they played a focus group they did. Fucking wow. Morons. The final conclusion was "I've just discovered GB news and I knew in 2 hours it was for me" and went on to encourage everyone to watch it. Just fuck off you thick gammon cunts. 

Much like brexit,it's very much a catch 22 situation. 

If you tell people they are thick for thinking leaving the eu would solve all our problems, they double down,yet the people who acted believe the  nonsense from Reform are,without a doubt,fucking morons 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Absolute bollocks. Why are centre left journalists now getting vilified? Crick is one of the best journalists in the country. 

Yep

Spot on

The media have spent the last near decade a half utterly holding the Tories to account each and every day.

What was I thinking?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He needed calling out for that Taylor Swift post mate. Fucking hell, he was only going to a concert - along with half the country seemingly.

25 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Yep

Spot on

The media have spent the last near decade a half utterly holding the Tories to account each and every day.

What was I thinking?

We wasn't talking about "the media" the journalist in question was Michael Crick. His name was on the tin. You answered to a post that referenced Michael Crick. Thats why i answered. I take it Cricks the new Owen Jones.

Crick is a quality journalist. Now stop being fuvking stupid. Again, is this not "calling the tories out? Or is this "not calling the tories out? 

The last problem with the British media are people like Michael Crick.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

We wasn't talking about "the media" the journalist in question was Michael Crick. He was on the tin. 

He's a quality journalist. Now stop being fuvking stupid.

Despite the fact that he literally said..

We in the media...you are calling me stupid for thinking he was just talking about himself. 

Outstanding 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Aye, you're probably right. And he's probably also said to everyone he doesn't want to know if they've done something, so he can deny he knew they'd done it. 

On Monday evening, the prime minister was again pressed on the subject on whether he could simply question those he told about the election date before it was announced. Mr Sunak said he did not want to "compromise the integrity" of other investigations. 

Deceitful cunt. 

9 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Despite the fact that he literally said..

We in the media...you are calling me stupid for thinking he was just talking about himself. 

Outstanding 

Jesus wept. Can't you understand what he's saying? 

• Downvote 1

Brilliant. He's even called out the fella at the Mail by name. Broken clock but Farage is 100% correct on this. Expansion into the east did cause problems, as many others said it would. 

The sanctimonious ones in the media forget Blair/Cameron and the rest of them licking Putins arse, remember William Hague taking him to a judo match? They also forget wheeling out the Royal family to bow down to the Chinese. Johnson was in Russias pocket for years, even as foreign secretary. Where were the daily mail then? 

20240624_210444.jpg20240624_210723.jpg

Good sport this. 

31 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

In the fairly unlikely event that the Greens win the most seats at the election would that mean we'd have the first ever co Prime Ministers in power?

I think it would more likely be similar to the arrangement in Ireland the other year between Martin and Varadkar.

3 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

The closer we get to Labour finally kicking the Tories our of government, the more desperate they get. Hilarious, and yet sad at the same time.

What kind of cunt goes to a concert?

Burn the bastard!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

On Monday evening, the prime minister was again pressed on the subject on whether he could simply question those he told about the election date before it was announced. Mr Sunak said he did not want to "compromise the integrity" of other investigations. 

Deceitful cunt. 

That's pretty much what starmer said earlier. What's the delay. You know who you told about the election, ask them which ones put a bet on. 

42 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

In the fairly unlikely event that the Greens win the most seats at the election would that mean we'd have the first ever co Prime Ministers in power?

No, I don't think that's allowed. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Does anyone listen to the News Agents podcast? I've just listened to it for yesterday. How thoroughly depressing and a shocking picture of the UK electorate. They did a thing where they have been saying the pollsters have identified "Whitby woman" as the voter to win in this election. And they played a focus group they did. Fucking wow. Morons. The final conclusion was "I've just discovered GB news and I knew in 2 hours it was for me" and went on to encourage everyone to watch it. Just fuck off you thick gammon cunts. 

I listened to about five minutes of that bit and had to turn it off otherwise I was at risk of crashing my car in anger.

• Upvote 1

One of the craftiest things the Tory cunts have pulled off was to cut council budgets to the bone. It means simpletons can convince themselves that Labour are no better because their council tax goes up every year, but their council services get gradually worse. Said simpletons then think to themselves “the government might be shite, but Labour run my council and that’s a bag of shit as well, at least the Tories are trying to send the boat people to Rwanda.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Brilliant. He's even called out the fella at the Mail by name. Broken clock but Farage is 100% correct on this. Expansion into the east did cause problems, as many others said it would. 

The sanctimonious ones in the media forget Blair/Cameron and the rest of them licking Putins arse, remember William Hague taking him to a judo match? They also forget wheeling out the Royal family to bow down to the Chinese. Johnson was in Russias pocket for years, even as foreign secretary. Where were the daily mail then? 

20240624_210444.jpg20240624_210723.jpg

Good sport this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2014/mar/31/farage-i-admire-putin

Both of them are Russian pimps

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Both of them have well established links to Russia. 

It's just that, until the last few days the media have been not been too keen on highlighting,farages anyway.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Both of them have well established links to Russia. 

It's just that, until the last few days the media have been not been too keen on highlighting,farages anyway.

I think Farage is more with the Trump/American right wing health care companies. I think he's also in with the climate deniers, fossil fuel mob. Both dangerous, both massive money.