You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 2024 General Election Thread

Bjornebye

Who Do You Plan To Vote For? (Voters names not public)   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Plan To Vote For? (Voters names not public)

• Labour
    • Tory
    • Lib-Dems
    • Green
    • Reform
    • Other (Please State)
    • None, they can all fuck off
    • None - I'm not eligible to vote

If you can find yesterdays US broadcast of Last Week Tonight, do so as I'm not sure how Sky will be able to air it without hacking it to pieces given the main topic is about the election.

The copy I watched has now been taken down by HBO but I's sure it'll pop up again.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you can find yesterdays US broadcast of Last Week Tonight, do so as I'm not sure how Sky will be able to air it without hacking it to pieces given the main topic is about the election.

The copy I watched has now been taken down by HBO but I's sure it'll pop up again.

I've just watched it actually. It was pretty good. A better take down of the last 14 years of the Tory's than we'd get over here. As you say, there's absolutely no chance that'll be allowed for broadcast here. 

• Upvote 1

It's pretty funny that they are pouring resources in to a seat that even if he does hold on to, he'll be giving up in a a few weeks anyway.

If Sunak does lose it, I think the 'Portillo moment'  will officially be renamed as the Sunak moment. 

2 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

It's pretty funny that they are pouring resources in to a seat that even if he does hold on to, he'll be giving up in a a few weeks anyway.

You mean you don't beleive his committment to stay on for anothet 5 years if he wins his seat? A man of honour? Like Rishi?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

If Sunak does lose it, I think the 'Portillo moment'  will officially be renamed as the Sunak moment. 

It would be fucking amazing if he got dumped. I just can't see that happening though. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

A Gnasher regurgitated Tweet with the word 'rumours' actually written in it. What's not to love. 

You're not going to get all upset again are you?  Labour gave got a bit of modern history with the selection of black/ethnic candidates in this election. Unless you missed it. Anyway recent history suggests it wise not to take Labours explanations aa gospel. 

Just now, Megadrive Man said:

I'm scared I might genuinely die laughing!

I've just had a quick glance at the electoral calculus site, which I think their way of measuring seems to lean into labour a bit (currently predicting a 264 majority with over 450 seats) and even they give fishi a 63% chance of winning. It looks like there could be quite a bit of reform support there, so maybe we need them.to pinch a few.more Tory votes. 

1 minute ago, Megadrive Man said:

Also allegedly the reason that Sunak hasn't suspend anybody due to the betting scandal yet is....

The betting scandal has hundreds more names; of MPs, Tory candidates, and their families

That's obviously the case. It does make you wonder if they sent out a Tory wide email titled "Get down the bookies: how to make money as an MP part 956"

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I don't know.

I think this election is going to throw up some of the weirdest results we've ever seen. 

I think the weirdest one will be those cunts winning again.

Everyone says they're cooked but I remember 92 and the cunts came out of the woodwork to vote for them.

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

I don't know.

I think this election is going to throw up some of the weirdest results we've ever seen. 

I cannot wait. Please please do not disappoint me

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Sunak has said he's not aware of any more people connected to the betting scandal. 

Well you just know that’s not the end of the story/lies

• Upvote 1