You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 2024 General Election Thread

Bjornebye

Who Do You Plan To Vote For? (Voters names not public)   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Plan To Vote For? (Voters names not public)

• Labour
    • Tory
    • Lib-Dems
    • Green
    • Reform
    • Other (Please State)
    • None, they can all fuck off
    • None - I'm not eligible to vote

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They’ll be in the Sunday’s.

Rumours there’s a cabinet member.  

I don't know what's wrong with the cunts. They are so bad at all this. The story is out, the story is bad and it's running and running. So nail the lot of them who've done this, stand them down as candidates - which means you can move on and maybe gives you a chance of looking strong. I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe this bad election is an accident/incompetence. It's so bad you have to believe it's planned. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't know what's wrong with the cunts. They are so bad at all this. The story is out, the story is bad and it's running and running. So nail the lot of them who've done this, stand them down as candidates - which means you can move on and maybe gives you a chance of looking strong. I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe this bad election is an accident/incompetence. It's so bad you have to believe it's planned. 

I know, great ain’t it? 

The best bit is it is so low rent and crummy.

£100 on a guarantee?

They could at least have gone big.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

North Herefordshire (previously Leominster) has been Tory since at least 1959; probably earlier, but I stopped looking.

It's tipped to go Green.

Screenshot_2024-06-21-13-36-44-92_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Just Stop Oil's tactics seem to be working.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

£100 on a guarantee?

They probably thought they were being clever and slipping under the radar , but loads lumped on and the bookies got suspicious I reckon 

Don’t known if this is all the bookies, so could be way out, but only £6000 in total was bet on it.

This is a massive outlier on other days obviously hence the alarm being raised, but still seems remarkably small time shit.

Which makes it even worse.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Lib Dems thinking about a proportional voting system...

giphy.webp

There's never a bad time to support proportional representation. Not quite sure what your point is really.

28 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

North Herefordshire (previously Leominster) has been Tory since at least 1959; probably earlier, but I stopped looking.

It's tipped to go Green.

Screenshot_2024-06-21-13-36-44-92_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Interestingly electoral calculus are not seeing that same picture. This is their latest from today - someone on here said they use data from across loads of polls. 

Screenshot_20240621_140331_Chrome.jpg

Speaking to reporters, the prime minister repeated that individuals would be "booted out" of the party if they’re found to have broken the rules. 

He again refused to be drawn further on the issue given they are "serious" and "potentially criminal" allegations - adding it’s right they’re "thoroughly and properly" looked into.

Like MPs being fined for attending parties during Covid lockdown/restrictions should have been kicked out of the party you duplicitous little cunt? 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is the thing that annoys me most on the discussion of the echr, when the Tories say "if it's a choice between a foreign court and our nations security". Forgetting the whole foreign court bullshit, the echr is exactly there to protect us all and in some cases from our own leaders. The second you step outside that and the echr becomes incompatible with your domestic law, it's because your domestic law is wrong. 

He needs to be nailed down on the fact,that his claim that's it's a 'foreign court' is a lie

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Don’t known if this is all the bookies, so could be way out, but only £6000 in total was bet on it.

This is a massive outlier on other days obviously hence the alarm being raised, but still seems remarkably small time shit.

Which makes it even worse.

That's just from one bookies I think (Betfair?). Presumably there's plenty more elsewhere. It'd be very damning if any of these cunts had bet relatively small amounts, but on multiple sites.

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That tit Bruce started that process yesterday and then just backed out completely. 

Yep.

She sort of meekishly pointed out it wasn't a foreign court and he laughably claimed it was,because it wasn't in the uk

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just shows how thick they are. If I went into Ladbrokes and stuck 5 grand on Gazza taking over from Southgate, questions would be asked. 

Exactly. No bookmaker would accept a large bet on the date of the general election. Alarm bells would ring. The stupid part is not the amount bet (probably the maximum for that market) but placing the bet themselves instead of using a third party. Plus they wouldn't allow multiples on those betting markets. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe they know the country is even more fiucked than it appears and it is going to really sink no matter what and by dropping it onto lab's hands now it will be lab over next 5 years who are seen as presiding over the biggest shitshow and who will shoulder the most blame.

They can then ride in again and have a fresh run from a place where it can't get worse (the old once hit rock bottom there is only one way to go) and secure another 10 years plus in charge.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That's just from one bookies I think (Betfair?). Presumably there's plenty more elsewhere. It'd be very damning if any of these cunts had bet relatively small amounts, but on multiple sites.

Lets go with the working assumption the cunts placed small wagers of say a maximum couple of hundred quid to try and avoid detection.

The first tory caught out and named in this placed a £100 bet (but possibly more) with Ladbrokes. 

The Graph showing the spike of bets placed immediately before the announcement only shows the bets placed with Betfair and that’s around £6,000 wagered. 

Now I’m sure a few mates and colleagues it would be difficult to prove had insider information made up a few of those bets but going by how the decision was a complete shock to even the fucking Chancellor then this comes down to a very small group of people who knew the GE date. 

They’ve either got as many friends/relatives as possible to place these bets for them or have placed multiple bets across a number of accounts themselves. 

• Upvote 1