You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things I have seen on public transport

8 hours ago, Strontium said:

Orthodox Jewish, I presume?

Not obviously, he wasn’t in traditional garb.

Just a bloke in his late 20’s/early 30’s, I assumed it was his way of dealing with flight anxiety?

Is it something orthodox might do on the Sabbath?

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Is that a genuine thing with Orthodox Jews Stronts? Covering themselves head to foot if flying?

Genuine question as I'm not sure if I'm being whooshed or not.

51 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not obviously, he wasn’t in traditional garb.

Just a bloke in his late 20’s/early 30’s, I assumed it was his way of dealing with flight anxiety?

Is it something orthodox might do on the Sabbath?

Something a minority of them do when flying over cemeteries.

Entirely possible this particular gentleman was just a common or garden nutter.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Something a minority of them do when flying over cemeteries.

Entirely possible this particular gentleman was just a common or garden nutter.

I think they’re Koheins. Very orthodox. Tough life to be that observant. 

Late night South-Eastern train. Fairly quiet but a few passengers dotted about. A bloke roller-skates through the carriage, stops at the doors and pisses in the small litter bin next to them. It’s not watertight and the piss just goes straight through onto the floor.  He skates off. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, aws said:

Late night South-Eastern train. Fairly quiet but a few passengers dotted about. A bloke roller-skates through the carriage, stops at the doors and pisses in the small litter bin next to them. It’s not watertight and the piss just goes straight through onto the floor.  He skates off. 

Public urination seems to be a common sight probably becuase of the lack of toilets on a lot of commuter trains. Gets a lot worse at Christmas when everyone has been to an office party. 

5 hours ago, aws said:

Lucky he didn't defecate. It'd have then been an Inter Shitty.

• Upvote 1

Flew from Gatwick to Cancun in 2015, sat a few rows up from obnoxious cockney banter merchants off on a stag do. Half way into the flight one of them pukes all over the galley, stewardess about half his size goes absolutely ape shit and orders him down on his knees to scrub the whole mess up himself. Which he did.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2024 at 10:52, sir roger said:

There was a legendary hard man in Skelmersdale called Andy Shack. One day my uncle was travelling on a bus from the Concourse to Digmoor ( about 10 minutes ) when Andy got on, threatened the driver and told him to take him to a friend's house on the way to Ormskirk. Everybody sat there looking at their shoes as they made an unnecessary hour long detour.

He is also reputed to have snapped every bar pump in a pub when a landlord barred him.

He drank up St Domingo Rd, my Dad saw him bend a pump in the Clock there.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1