You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Code said:

No need to spin the truth. 

Your first reply should have been; I'm glad you asked me that question. But let me ask you a question: what did you say about Atalanta being shit.

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

Atalanta are a good team but they beat us because Klopp took them lightly. I'm sure had we fielded our best 11 and gave it our best, we'd have won the tie. They're good but hardly great.

Leverkusen certainly didn't take them lightly and they were handed their arses as badly as we were!

I agree they aren't a great side. I said last night bang average. Above average, verging on good is more accurate.

Rangers (twice), Fulham and Middlesborough have got to EL Finals in recent years, that says more about the competition.... still, I am annoyed it wasn't us there winning it last night.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Your first reply should have been; I'm glad you asked me that question. But let me ask you a question: what did you say about Atalanta being shit.

I'd said in the Europa Cup thread that Atalanta would be tough opponents. Code responded by saying they're 28 points behind Inter and dreadful away from home.

Funny guy, Code.

• Upvote 1

The way a lot of people talk about Football now is mental, if you lose a game, you've either 'shat the bed', 'bottled it' or been 'embarrassed'.

Sometimes you just lose to the better team on the day, it's always happened and always will happen.

Congratulations to Atalanta, they've been superb and fully deserve the trophy. Despite the pain of going out to them, it is great to see a financially lesser club doing so well in Europe.

• Upvote 11

31 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Thoughts on Zirkzee at Bologna?

He has a lot of ability but for some reason I'm just not completely sold on him. 

He strikes me as someone a club just below us in the pecking order in England would sign for big money then have to ship out for half as much two years later when he went missing in half the games. 

I suppose he's basically just too "inefficient".

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He has a lot of ability but for some reason I'm just not completely sold on him. 

He strikes me as someone a club just below us in the pecking order in England would sign for big money then have to ship out for half as much two years later when he went missing in half the games. 

I suppose he's basically just too "inefficient".

Thanks.

I was thinking about what kind of striker we should buy if we were to do so and I thought a 6 foot 4 guy with great technique would be pretty much what I would want. Doesn't actually seem to be a real striker from what people are saying, though.

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Looks like Paqueta could be proper fucked. Charged with betting related charges by the FA. The rule that he’s breached has a sanctions range of a 6 month to lifetime ban. 

He'll sign for City and it will all go away.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Thanks.

I was thinking about what kind of striker we should buy if we were to do so and I thought a 6 foot 4 guy with great technique would be pretty much what I would want. Doesn't actually seem to be a real striker from what people are saying, though.

We need find whoever the next Isak is.

1 hour ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Looks like Paqueta could be proper fucked. Charged with betting related charges by the FA. The rule that he’s breached has a sanctions range of a 6 month to lifetime ban. 

Some mention of deliberately getting yellow cards for betting gains. Having said that, the sanctions are completely random. Toney and Toffolo had similar indiscretions, but Toney got hammered while Toffolo got a suspended ban.

3 hours ago, Mook said:

The way a lot of people talk about Football now is mental, if you lose a game, you've either 'shat the bed', 'bottled it' or been 'embarrassed'.

Sometimes you just lose to the better team on the day, it's always happened and always will happen.

Congratulations to Atalanta, they've been superb and fully deserve the trophy. Despite the pain of going out to them, it is great to see a financially lesser club doing so well in Europe.

Yep. Somehow making it to the final of a cup, winning X number of games, but getting beat in the last game, is some kind of humiliation these days. 

And it's usually fans of clubs who have never won fuck all. 

• Upvote 2

First thoughts were why the fuck are Plymouth wanting serial fuckup Wayne Rooney? Plymouth only stayed up because Weetabix head almost single-handedly relegated Birmingham by losing 9 of his 15 games before being sacked. Then I read:

"Director of football Neil Dewsnip knows Rooney from his time as a coach at Everton’s academy."

Un fucking believeable. One big old boy's club isn’t it. Relegation scrap and another sacking and payoff incoming. I'd be fucking furious if I was a Plymouth fan. 

8 hours ago, Lurtz said:

First thoughts were why the fuck are Plymouth wanting serial fuckup Wayne Rooney? Plymouth only stayed up because Weetabix head almost single-handedly relegated Birmingham by losing 9 of his 15 games before being sacked. Then I read:

"Director of football Neil Dewsnip knows Rooney from his time as a coach at Everton’s academy."

Un fucking believeable. One big old boy's club isn’t it. Relegation scrap and another sacking and payoff incoming. I'd be fucking furious if I was a Plymouth fan. 

A quick look at their main forum manager thread reveals…

image.png

• Upvote 1

Kompany and Maresca two teams who won the Championship this year and the previous could end up managing Bayern and Chelsea.

The runner up this year could end up managing Manchester United. Some smart people seem to think they have spotted something that has prepared them well?

Definitely looks like the era of the manager is finished and experience is being devalued.  Kompany did an MBA, Sahin going to Harvard. Players seem to be knowing which way things are going. Looks like the boards are looking for different things.