You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You’d have thought that Alonso might have studied earlier Atalanta performances, particularly the ones against us, and formulated a counter against it? 
I suppose if you have players that can only play one way, or you only have one way of playing, you’ll be stymied when someone else works it out against you.

Much like what happened when we played them.

5 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

You’d have thought that Alonso might have studied earlier Atalanta performances, particularly the ones against us, and formulated a counter against it? 
I suppose if you have players that can only play one way, or you only have one way of playing, you’ll be stymied when someone else works it out against you.

Much like what happened when we played them.

Really hard side to play against from the European games I saw them in this season. Same is us, I think Leverkusen struggled physically.

26 minutes ago, Binomial said:

It's not like Kompany was their first choice was he? 6-7 managers have turned Bayern down, maybe they got fed up and wanted to get any fucker in to end the search.

Whilst they line up "Vinny's"  replacement?  Seems plausible. 

Burnley want £20M to release Kompany. This is mental. What on earth do Bayern see in him?? I'm baffled by this move. They'd have been better off just hiring some random German manager already working in Bundesliga. All very peculiar. 

16 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Burnley want £20M to release Kompany. This is mental. What on earth do Bayern see in him?? I'm baffled by this move. They'd have been better off just hiring some random German manager already working in Bundesliga. All very peculiar. 

Mad they don’t just stick with Tuchel. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Mad they don’t just stick with Tuchel. 

They wanted him back didn’t they? But he didn’t want a part of it as they’d already “mutually agreed” him.

They have turned into a right basket case the last few years.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Nobody sticks with Tuchel. He's toxic, and a knobhead. 

Is he that bad? PSG and Chelsea would be toxic environments anyway. Bayern fans seemed to want him to stay. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

Is he that bad? PSG and Chelsea would be toxic environments anyway. Bayern fans seemed to want him to stay. 

He doesn't seem to stick around long at any club, nor is he mourned whenever he leaves. I think Bayern fans only want him to stay because the alternatives they've been looking at are worse.