You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There's Arsenal fans who genuinely believe they have been the only side to ever challenge City. Their memory extends as far as 2 seasons. 

They were as much as title challengers last season as we were this.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah but who stepped up for us?  Villa 2-0 up and shit the bed massively, so point or not.  Fuck him & fuck them

I think the point he makes is the same as we’ve made - sides expect to lose to them so don’t try as much. 

That Son miss is the same as that Iheanacho miss. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

That Son miss is the same as that Iheanacho miss. 

Not quite. That Iheanacho absolutely played to miss.

Son, I don't think he tried to miss, if you wanted to miss you shoot off target, even hitting at the keeper there's still a chance it goes in.

4 hours ago, Arniepie said:

1st utd game for me was that 3 all in 88 and to this day is one of the most intense atmosphere Ive ever experienced.

I just missed that hooligan era,which is just aswell really as Im a massive shithouse. 

I think it died away for liverpool after 89,but the bloos have still got some loons following them. That Millwall game the other year was nuts.  

Yeah they still have a fearsome reputation in those circles. Any of the loons in school were nearly always Blues so I can see why.

There was a lot of thieving that went with our fanbase, especially in Europe, but I don't recall much hooligan shite. Probably was and I'm just forgetting things. I remember Boro and Leeds being scary places. I got chased in Manchester when we played the Red Mancs one time and would have got leathered, but an old dear let me hide in her house and gave me a lovely fry. Her husband had just died and he had fought in World War 1. Lovely woman and a good laugh. Hard to see that happening now. She got her neighbour to give me a lift to Victoria station and he was sound too. They don't make Mancs like them anymore. He was telling me all about Billy Liddell and he loved Shanks. He fought in world war 2 and said he loved the Scousers. Wonder what he would make of the modern Manc/Scouse shite.

Teams didn't really bring numbers here, but I have a memory of Arsenal one year and maybe Coventry one year. Don't really recall the Cockneys, though Spurs was a nasty enough place to go.

That 3-3 was a good game to go to!

27 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah they still have a fearsome reputation in those circles. Any of the loons in school were nearly always Blues so I can see why.

There was a lot of thieving that went with our fanbase, especially in Europe, but I don't recall much hooligan shite. Probably was and I'm just forgetting things. I remember Boro and Leeds being scary places. I got chased in Manchester when we played the Red Mancs one time and would have got leathered, but an old dear let me hide in her house and gave me a lovely fry. Her husband had just died and he had fought in World War 1. Lovely woman and a good laugh. Hard to see that happening now. She got her neighbour to give me a lift to Victoria station and he was sound too. They don't make Mancs like them anymore. He was telling me all about Billy Liddell and he loved Shanks. He fought in world war 2 and said he loved the Scousers. Wonder what he would make of the modern Manc/Scouse shite.

Teams didn't really bring numbers here, but I have a memory of Arsenal one year and maybe Coventry one year. Don't really recall the Cockneys, though Spurs was a nasty enough place to go.

That 3-3 was a good game to go to!

i think at home was quite different. i remember trying to collect money from minded cars on 1 occasion and being surrounded by pandemonium.

I do like to read the books from that era,the proper fan experiences (the peter evo books are good, as is the tony evans one,and the liverpool boys in town is excellent)
The last liverpool utd game I went too it was more like a circus and nothing like those games from the 80s. Certainly a far cry from those 85 semis.  . 

5 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Arsenal did a trial run of the trophy lift on Sunday morning.

Just... why? Why not go the whole hog and do a trial run of the trophy parade?

Been so long since they lifted a trophy they needed the practice?

10 hours ago, Arniepie said:

1st utd game for me was that 3 all in 88 and to this day is one of the most intense atmosphere Ive ever experienced.

I just missed that hooligan era,which is just aswell really as Im a massive shithouse. 

I think it died away for liverpool after 89,but the bloos have still got some loons following them. That Millwall game the other year was nuts.  

That 3-3 was my first United game too. Nothing prepared me for that. The tension and hatred was off the charts. 

52 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

That 3-3 was my first United game too. Nothing prepared me for that. The tension and hatred was off the charts. 

Mine too. An older cousin who was a United fan went with us and he applauded all our goals. There were a couple of lads near us who were a bit passionate.

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Sancho not in the England squad, thats strange?

He seems to perform better on the right as a conventional right winger.  Given that Saka, Foden & Palmer also play that role there is a lot of competition.  Not sure why he can't be just as effective playing on the left as an inverted winger though.  Maybe still question marks over his attitude?

2 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Insane wasn't it?

Its like a kids party now,in comparison 

• Upvote 1

Another small, local football club being fucked over by the owners.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/21/morecambe-directors-urge-owners-bond-group-sell

Andy Hunter

Tue 21 May 2024 12.55 BST

Morecambe directors have warned the League Two club faces a “catastrophic outcome” unless the current owners agree to sell. The club was put up for sale in September 2022 by Jason Whittingham of Bond Group but with no deal concluded, the club are in turmoil.

They were deducted three points by the English Football League last season for failing to pay players on time and Whittingham was fined £10,000. He was also given a suspended fine of £20,000, which is due to be activated on 31 May unless he deposits a sum equal to 125% of the monthly wage bill to cover any future delays.

Morecambe, who finished 15th this season, are also manager-less after Ged Brannan left to become No 2 at Accrington Stanley and have five players under contract. The contracts of 16 players have expired – 12 were not offered new terms and four rejected new deals – while five loanees have returned to their parent club. Farrend Rawson, the club captain, was among those who turned down a new contract having previously described the running of the club as “a shambles” and appealing for Bond Group to sell.

After a meeting between the board and Whittingham on Monday, directors issued a stark warning over Morecambe’s future on the club’s website. Addressed to Whittingham, it said: “Sadly, your future funding assurances have now failed to come to fruition so often that, in the absence of substantial funds from Bond Group landing in the Morecambe Football Club account, they come across as meaningless, and we must take them as such in order to be responsible.

“As for the Middle East-based potential buyer you first told us was interested in buying the club approximately a year ago, you have provided no tangible evidence or introduction during this time to enable us to consider them serious or credible. You have one apparently serious offer on the table from a US-based potential buyer which, based on what we know, is the most credible which has been made since you placed the club up for sale over 20 months ago.

“Please accept this second offer now, so that there is a chance that a sale might be completed, and a catastrophic outcome be avoided.”

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2024/may/open-letter-to-bond-group-from-the-board-of-directors-of-morecambe-football-club

The Board of Directors at Morecambe Football Club have written the following open letter to Bond Group.

Dear Jason,

We are writing this open letter to reiterate what was said to you during the meeting we held with you today, during which you updated us on the critical matters of funding and the sale of the Football Club.

Sadly, your future funding assurances have now failed to come to fruition so often that, in the absence of substantial funds from Bond Group landing in the Morecambe Football Club account, they come across as meaningless, and we must take them as such in order to be responsible.

As for the Middle East-based potential buyer you first told us was interested in buying the Club approximately a year ago, you have provided no tangible evidence or introduction during this time to enable us to consider them serious or credible.

You have one apparently serious offer on the table from a US-based potential buyer which, based on what we know, is the most credible which has been made since you placed the Club up for sale over 20 months ago.

Please accept this second offer now, so that there is a chance that a sale might be completed, and a catastrophic outcome be avoided.

From the Board of Directors of Morecambe Football Club.

18 hours ago, Code said:

Sancho not in the England squad, thats strange?

Is it? Because he played well against PSG he's now supposedly earned the right to be there? He's scored 3 goals in the last 12 months.

Saka Bowen Palmer Foden.....what do you need Sancho for?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Binomial said:

Is it? Because he played well against PSG he's now supposedly earned the right to be there? He's scored 3 goals in the last 12 months.

Saka Bowen Palmer Foden.....what do you need Sancho for?

What do you need Palmer for, Kane will not step away from penalties? Sancho is a better winger than Bowen, Foden should be one of the midfield three. 

44 minutes ago, Code said:

What do you need Palmer for, Kane will not step away from penalties? Sancho is a better winger than Bowen, Foden should be one of the midfield three. 

You want to shift the discussion from Sancho to Palmer? Palmer is in, you asked the question about Sancho and if him not being in was strange......why is his exclusion strange?  

If Sancho is "a better winger than Bowen", he hasn't proven it this season has he? Or last season, or the season before.

Foden should be an option to play the position that's led him to becoming the player of the season, which is on the right.

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

Another small, local football club being fucked over by the owners.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/21/morecambe-directors-urge-owners-bond-group-sell

Andy Hunter

Tue 21 May 2024 12.55 BST

Morecambe directors have warned the League Two club faces a “catastrophic outcome” unless the current owners agree to sell. The club was put up for sale in September 2022 by Jason Whittingham of Bond Group but with no deal concluded, the club are in turmoil.

They were deducted three points by the English Football League last season for failing to pay players on time and Whittingham was fined £10,000. He was also given a suspended fine of £20,000, which is due to be activated on 31 May unless he deposits a sum equal to 125% of the monthly wage bill to cover any future delays.

Morecambe, who finished 15th this season, are also manager-less after Ged Brannan left to become No 2 at Accrington Stanley and have five players under contract. The contracts of 16 players have expired – 12 were not offered new terms and four rejected new deals – while five loanees have returned to their parent club. Farrend Rawson, the club captain, was among those who turned down a new contract having previously described the running of the club as “a shambles” and appealing for Bond Group to sell.

After a meeting between the board and Whittingham on Monday, directors issued a stark warning over Morecambe’s future on the club’s website. Addressed to Whittingham, it said: “Sadly, your future funding assurances have now failed to come to fruition so often that, in the absence of substantial funds from Bond Group landing in the Morecambe Football Club account, they come across as meaningless, and we must take them as such in order to be responsible.

“As for the Middle East-based potential buyer you first told us was interested in buying the club approximately a year ago, you have provided no tangible evidence or introduction during this time to enable us to consider them serious or credible. You have one apparently serious offer on the table from a US-based potential buyer which, based on what we know, is the most credible which has been made since you placed the club up for sale over 20 months ago.

“Please accept this second offer now, so that there is a chance that a sale might be completed, and a catastrophic outcome be avoided.”

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2024/may/open-letter-to-bond-group-from-the-board-of-directors-of-morecambe-football-club

The Board of Directors at Morecambe Football Club have written the following open letter to Bond Group.

Dear Jason,

We are writing this open letter to reiterate what was said to you during the meeting we held with you today, during which you updated us on the critical matters of funding and the sale of the Football Club.

Sadly, your future funding assurances have now failed to come to fruition so often that, in the absence of substantial funds from Bond Group landing in the Morecambe Football Club account, they come across as meaningless, and we must take them as such in order to be responsible.

As for the Middle East-based potential buyer you first told us was interested in buying the Club approximately a year ago, you have provided no tangible evidence or introduction during this time to enable us to consider them serious or credible.

You have one apparently serious offer on the table from a US-based potential buyer which, based on what we know, is the most credible which has been made since you placed the Club up for sale over 20 months ago.

Please accept this second offer now, so that there is a chance that a sale might be completed, and a catastrophic outcome be avoided.

From the Board of Directors of Morecambe Football Club.

Is this a Wise move?