Jump to content
  • Sign up for free and receive a month's subscription

    You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Taylor Swift at Anfield


Bob
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The Beatles don't need to be better than 'all other things' to be better than a woman who makes songs about broken relationships and drinking smirnoff ice in a taxi.

 

 

 

Seems important for people to have to say they think they're better than her though. In a thread that's got fuck all to do with the Beatles. So must be kind of important to you. Your scouse might wear off otherwise. Fade away like the photo of Marty McFly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

She is deified to a bizarre level. 

A young woman who has sold an insane amount of records and is in the middle of a world wide,sold out tour.

Pfft.hype if you ask me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

Seems important for people to have to say they think they're better than her though. In a thread that's got fuck all to do with the Beatles. So must be kind of important to you. Your scouse might wear off otherwise. Fade away like the photo of Marty McFly.

It seems strange to me to continually refer to someone's 'scouseness' like that's an issue for you when you're posting on a liverpool forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bob said she was 'as big as the Beatles' and currently more successful than they ever were.  He brought them up and then said it was " important for people to say they're better than her in a thread fuck all about the Beatles " despite him being the one who mentioned them, which was interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

It seems strange to me to continually refer to someone's 'scouseness' like that's an issue for you when you're posting on a liverpool forum.

It's only.when showing a desperate need to defend the Beatles from imaginary attack that I feel the need to do so.

 

It's OK for other bands and artists to be popular. It doesn't diminish them. It won't stop you being able to buy their records. They'll be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Bob said she was 'as big as the Beatles' and currently more successful than they ever were.  He brought them up and then said it was " important for people to say they're better than her in a thread fuck all about the Beatles " despite him being the one who mentioned them, which was interesting.

I'm not actually precious about this, I'm being a bit of a wum in truth, but to be accurate I said that in reply to someone who said "you'd think the Beatles had reformed, the coverage she's getting". 

 

Right now, she's the biggest artist on the planet. People have mentioned Jackson, Madonna, Elvis. They all at one time were too. 

 

I just will always find it funny how defensive scousers feel they must always be about the Beatles. Even when nobody is saying anything in anyway negative about them.

 

And I'm also perfectly happy sitting in a minority that thinks their music is a bit shit, tbh, but that's a separate matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it to be a completely myth that 'scousers ' feel the need to defend the  Beatles because they're from Liverpool. If people defend them it's likely because they're the most successful band ever. You ironically claim this when defending Taylor Swift in the exact same manner because you're a parent with a child who idolises her terrible music. 

 

Being the biggest artist in the world right now tell you nothing more than there's not much competition for that mantle.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Arniepie said:

A young woman who has sold an insane amount of records and is in the middle of a world wide,sold out tour.

Pfft.hype if you ask me.

She is a weird level of famous. Sorry if this offends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I find it to be a completely myth that 'scousers ' feel the need to defend the  Beatles because they're from Liverpool. If people defend them it's likely because they're the most successful band ever. You ironically claim this when defending Taylor Swift in the exact same manner because you're a parent with a child who idolises her terrible music. 

 

Being the biggest artist in the world right now tell you nothing more than there's not much competition for that mantle.

 

 

 

Mate, they came roughly 6 of the top 8 in the best album of all time tournament. That's not happening on a spurs or Sunderland forum.

 

And I'm not defending Swift. I've no need to. I'm in her thread confirming she's the biggest thing. She is. You don't have to like it, but she is.

 

I'm not arsed in the argument but there's a million pop stars. There literally couldn't be more possible competition. Internet and streaming means anyone in the whole world can be massive. 

 

There's certainly no less competition than Jackson or the Beatles had.

 

And the Beatles had plenty of silly young girls at their gigs too. Mostly passing out at the front. My mom was telling me this week how she queued for 48 hours to get into a Beatles gig Birmingham when she was a teenager.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She's a very talented, smart young lady who makes a lot filks happy and absolutely pisses off the MAGA's.  Seems ok to me.
Hope everyone that attends her shows has a fantastic time.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

 My fucking word.

 

This thread is a disaster, a fucking bean pole who makes music for hysterical children being lauded and compared to the Beatles.

 

The worst thread we've ever had bar none.


I forgot, sorry.  There are no clever women.  
 

This thread is a disaster, just not for the reason you think it is.  

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

A young woman who has sold an insane amount of records and is in the middle of a world wide,sold out tour.

Pfft.hype if you ask me.

Some Fox News jamook a few months ago said that the only reason she's hooked up with that American football player (known, if he's known at all, to everyone outside the USA as "Taylor Swift's boyfriend") was for publicity to boost her "failing" ticket sales.

 

Every musician in the world wishes their tours could fail this hard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My daughter was a bit too young the last time she toured the UK and has been waiting for her to come here again on tour. She was made up when it got announced and couldn't believe she's playing at Anfield. We managed to get her presale tickets after she dragged me to to a random hmv to buy her album which gave her the code. 

 

She Did the Taylortown tour at the weekend, town was packed and all the people doing it had travelled from all over the country. 

 

Never seen her so excited and she probably won't be able to sleep the night before the concert. Hopefully the concerts are a good advert for the city and the club. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...