You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

These Just Stop Oil protesters

Kevin D

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Everyone knows who they are and broadly what they stand for.

"Stopping oil" apparently. What that means in practice, who knows. The last oil-fired petrol station in the UK closed in 2015.  Diesel and petrol engined cars are being banned here from 2035. How else do they want us to "stop oil"?

4 minutes ago, Code said:

If their goal was to show the World that they are utter lunatics who live in a fantasy World and need psychiatric help I guess you are right. 

See a pitch invader and the football... first thought now? Is it JSO?

See anything orange where it shouldn't be... JSO?

Anyone who says they're put off from doing more to prevent climate change because of them is a liar, but wasn't going to make any beneficial change anyway. 

Those who don't like it but are sympathetic to their cause, stay sympathetic to their cause.

End of the day it's not about Fred and Abbie and Joey making tiny changes anyway, it's about pressuring governments and corporations and the only way that happens is if it's in the news. 

They've done no harm so far as far as I can tell.

6 minutes ago, Strontium said:

"Stopping oil" apparently. What that means in practice, who knows. The last oil-fired petrol station in the UK closed in 2015.  Diesel and petrol engined cars are being banned here from 2035. How else do they want us to "stop oil"?

Took way less time to find this than it took you to find 8 links nobody asked for so you could stand up for the Daily Mail and Express.

WHAT DOES JUST STOP OIL WANT?

We demand that the UK government makes a statement that it will immediately halt all future licensing and consents for the exploration, development and production of fossil fuels in the UK.

https://juststopoil.org/faqs/

So willful ignorance, deliberate obfuscation or something else on your part? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bob said:

Took way less time to find this than it took you to find 8 links nobody asked for so you could stand up for the Daily Mail and Express.

WHAT DOES JUST STOP OIL WANT?

We demand that the UK government makes a statement that it will immediately halt all future licensing and consents for the exploration, development and production of fossil fuels in the UK.

https://juststopoil.org/faqs/

So willful ignorance, deliberate obfuscation or something else on your part? 

Not a mention of meat or cars. None.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Not a mention of meat or cars. None.

What do you think the oil is used for, genius?

Look, I get it. You have a guilty conscience, and you think supporting these people will help assuage any guilt you have for being a filthy little polluter.

Of course, you could actually live a cleaner more eco-friendly lifestyle, and put your money where your mouth is, like some (very few) of us do. But I'm sure it's a lot easier for you to virtue signal on the internet instead. So well done, give yourself a pat on the back.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

What do you think the oil is used for, genius?

Look, I get it. You have a guilty conscience, and you think supporting these people will help assuage any guilt you have for being a filthy little polluter.

Of course, you could actually live a cleaner more eco-friendly lifestyle, and put your money where your mouth is, like some (very few) of us do. But I'm sure it's a lot easier for you to virtue signal on the internet instead. So well done, give yourself a pat on the back.

You're a massive bellend. Good one you for giving us all a laugh.

Nice deflecting. 

We shouldn't be on opposing sides here Stronts. That's the thing. You want the world to be more like you (of course you do) and yet choose to deliberately misrepresent the demands of the group that are currently pushing hard for a change in government position which would benefit the change you ask for. Why? Because it allows you to take a contrary position on the internet and tell someone you've never met that they should change their ways, be more like you, be less filthy and to stop virtue signalling. Sound.

Climate scientists. Environmental leaders. 

The fucking IEA even.

All say continued extraction of new oil and gas is entirely at odds with preventing catastrophic and irreversible impacts of climate change.

Even a Tory UK government said it agreed with that once. 

But not anymore because their oil and gas giant donors and lobbyists want to make more profits and the Ukraine war gave them a false narrative to hide behind.

But, it's defo me that's in the wrong. I must change. If only I would change the rest would be sound.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Anyone who says they're put off from doing more to prevent climate change because of them is a liar, but wasn't going to make any beneficial change anyway. 

I think I have around 100 golf balls I will never use in a bag in the back of my car.

I might go and hit them out in the sea somewhere Kramer style, just to balance things out.

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

Yes, they do seem to be under the misapprehension that any publicity is good publicity.

The irony of Lib Dems thinking that a silly stunt will bring publicity and then a Lib Dem supporter saying… ah forget it. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bossy said:

The irony of Lib Dems thinking that a silly stunt will bring publicity and then a Lib Dem supporter saying… ah forget it. 

He’s nothing if not consistent. 

4 minutes ago, bossy said:

If Ed Davey ever crashes his tractor through Stonehenge rather than a wall of blue hay bales, then you have my permission to be as brutal about him as you like.

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

If Ed Davey ever crashes his tractor through Stonehenge rather than a wall of blue hay bales, then you have my permission to be as brutal about him as you like.

There’s that famous sense of humour 

4 hours ago, Strontium said:

I would kill everyone who drives a car and eats meat.

I think that leaves about three of us alive on here. Nice knowing you all.

No answer, then.

I'm shocked; shocked I tells ya!

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Apparently there's been information leaked about the cost of net zero. I don't know the full story yet, but whatever it is I'd just like to state the cost of not going net zero:

No planet left!

Good day.

We'll deal with that no problem! If you can commit suicide,dismember yourself and put yourself in a locked suitcase then we can rustle up another planet from somewhere. Easy Peasy.