You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car Detailing.

dockers_strike

49 minutes ago, A Red said:

Must admit I didn't know what a Twingo was so I've just had a look. Rather than have one of them I'd stay in.

It's the old girls car. Must admit, it's a bit small for me but seeing as Im not driving up and down the motorway every day now, it does its job. And it's VED free. I sold mine and the 50 year old narcissist had a breakdown because I said I got a good price for it and didnt lose shitloads. Win, win!

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's the old girls car. Must admit, it's a bit small for me but seeing as Im not driving up and down the motorway every day now, it does its job. And it's VED free. I sold mine and the 50 year old narcissist had a breakdown because I said I got a good price for it and didnt lose shitloads. Win, win!

You are one weird motherfucker. 

Apologies for asking this in here lads, but I can't find a car audio thread.

Mrs. L has a 2008 Prius. She got a Samsung Flip phone at Christmas, and she (I) has the devil's own job at getting it to connect to the Prius.

If I add it as a new phone and connect, it works grand.

But as soon as she turns off the car, it'll have to be removed and re-added again. That's obviously a kick in the cunt, and not always guaranteed to work either. So she's taken to not trying and doesn't answer the phone when in the car now. Her last phone (Galaxy S8+ I think) worked flawlessly all the time, so I'm assuming there's some sort of new bluetooth protocol being used that the headunit doesn't like.

So instead of changing the phone, I figure I'd update the headunit.

Her only requirements would be that she'll keep her steering wheel controls, that the phone would automatically connect so she could take/make phonecalls, and that it'd have wireless android auto. She's never had android auto before, but it'd help with not having to look at her phone for Google maps while driving!

So any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks lads and lassies.

21 minutes ago, Lario said:

Mrs. L has a 2008 Prius. She got a Samsung Flip phone at Christmas, and she (I) has the devil's own job at getting it to connect to the Prius.

But as soon as she turns off the car, it'll have to be removed and re-added again. That's obviously a kick in the cunt, and not always guaranteed to work either. So she's taken to not trying and doesn't answer the phone when in the car now. Her last phone (Galaxy S8+ I think) worked flawlessly all the time, so I'm assuming there's some sort of new bluetooth protocol being used that the headunit doesn't like.

Her only requirements would be that she'll keep her steering wheel controls, that the phone would automatically connect so she could take/make phonecalls, and that it'd have wireless android auto. She's never had android auto before, but it'd help with not having to look at her phone for Google maps while driving!

Thanks lads and lassies.

I think if you divorce her I think that should sort it.  

2 hours ago, Lario said:

Thanks lads and lassies.

Presumably you're following the Samsung pairing instructions in full via Connection Settings and not Quick Pairing Settings and clicking OK on both the phone and car?

Have you still got the old Galaxy phone? If so, try pairing that with the car again and see if you have the same problem as with the new Samsung ie have to de pair and re pair. If you dont have the Galaxy, try another phone other than the Samsung if you can

If the Galaxy phone now has the same issue, Id suspect a fault in the car's bluetooth module or some part of the process hasnt been done right. However, if the Galaxy phone is still ok, it might be that the latest bluetooth version 5 on the Samsung isnt fully compatible with the bluetooth module in the car.

Id be a bit surprised by that though as bluetooth should to all intents and purposes be backwards compatible.

7 hours ago, Lario said:

Thanks lads and lassies.

A flip phone? 1993 rang to say it wants it's technology back.