You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Mon 15th Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, Lee909 said:

Not listened to their shite in years

Going to go out on a limb and say

We're Boss

Everything is as planned

Nothing to worry about

‘Positives’

I quite enjoy them when we win, but you’d think we’d laid down a marker and were really unlucky. Hallucinatory.

Hearing Klopp talk about how players were dropping like flies all week - it's hard not to think our pre-season work was in some way mismanaged. The sobering thought is we could have been in an even worse position after two games. I think we all need a cooler hour in which to reflect on this.

43 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

First time I’ve seen this since being at the ground. From here and social media I’d assumed it was some brutal assault. If an ‘honest’ English defender did that to Mo Salah, Mo would be extradited to Egypt and the defender would enter a CBE and a chat show. Cheating cunts.

Stupid by Nunez. The defender got exactly what he played for. The final contact looked like more of a chest bump than a headbutt, but the snide cunt went down like he'd been shot, so it's "violent conduct".

1 hour ago, torahboy said:

Two draws. Imagine the level of shithouse hysteria on here if it was two defeats? 36 games to go and some stupid fuckers are writing the season off! Nothing like success to breed a sense of enitltlement.

Don't you realise that we're 4 points behind City with only 108 points to play for?

bh187-spongebob.gif

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Stupid by Nunez. The defender got exactly what he played for. The final contact looked like more of a chest bump than a headbutt, but the snide cunt went down like he'd been shot, so it's "violent conduct".

No doubt it’s stupid. But if that’s violent, my farts should have me in chokey till 2029

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Hearing Klopp talk about how players were dropping like flies all week - it's hard not to think our pre-season work was in some way mismanaged. The sobering thought is we could have been in an even worse position after two games. I think we all need a cooler hour in which to reflect on this.

That ridiculous Asian trip pre our proper pre season 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Diaz was a force of nature when we went down to ten. Brilliant performance. We really need him to start knocking in a few now too. 

I'd play him as a CM.  I said this last season, he's got the raw ingredients of a KDB.  

It's like when Angel Di Maria was put into CM at United and he was just brilliant. 

And it's time to put Trent into CM.  Imagine the energy with those two. 

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'd play him as a CM.  I said this last season, he's got the raw ingredients of a KDB.  

It's like when Angel Di Maria was put into CM at United and he was just brilliant. 

And it's time to put Trent into CM.  Imagine the energy with those two. 

Trent barely has the brain to play at right back. Which is easily the easiest position to play in football... 

To be honest, the results aren't that worrying. We should beat Fulham in the second half last week, but shoot ourselves in the foot giving up the penalty. And then today, we have Nat Phillips at the back. Hard to win when you have a liability like that and of course we have the sending off and a number 9 who couldn't kick the ball. It's mostly self inflicted and horrific injury luck. 

The worrying thing is that essentially we didn't play well against a team in Fulham, who took the game to us and pressed us for a good period, and then today, we couldn't beat Palace, who parked it and played in a back 5. We were bad against two different styles of football. In the first half, we looked like we were putting up immense intensity and we barely made a dent and last week, we couldn't play around Fulham. 

The injuries have something to do with it and we'll find something that looks like a good level at some point, but on the surface, this is alarming. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

To be honest, the results aren't that worrying. We should beat Fulham in the second half last week, but shoot ourselves in the foot giving up the penalty. And then today, we have Nat Phillips at the back. Hard to win when you have a liability like that and of course we have the sending off and a number 9 who couldn't kick the ball. It's mostly self inflicted and horrific injury luck. 

The worrying thing is that essentially we didn't play well against a team in Fulham, who took the game to us and pressed us for a good period, and then today, we couldn't beat Palace, who parked it and played in a back 5. We were bad against two different styles of football. In the first half, we looked like we were putting up immense intensity and we barely made a dent and last week, we couldn't play around Fulham. 

The injuries have something to do with it and we'll find something that looks like a good level at some point, but on the surface, this is alarming. 

That's a tremendously long way of saying: 2 points from Fulham and Palace.

Total embarrassment. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The irony is that our hope pre Paris was City taking time to adjust to Haaland as a true 9 - we lose sadio and Look at the state of us. Like the zoo exhibits in Mighty Boosh, we don’t know what we are.

8 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Trent barely has the brain to play at right back. Which is easily the easiest position to play in football... 

Serious? 

I think he currently plays in the most intelligent position in world football.  Physically intensive, tactically nuanced, and positionally transient, while also finding time to take every set-piece, and always playing the full 90. 

He needs a more central role to link play in the tightest areas, and get shots away.  

Nobody agrees with me, that fine, but I'm totally convinced he's wasted. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Serious? 

I think he currently plays in the most intelligent position in world football.  Physically intensive, tactically nuanced, and positionally transient, while also finding time to take every set-piece, and always playing the full 90. 

He needs a more central role to link play in the tightest areas, and get shots away.  

Nobody agrees with me, that fine, but I'm totally convinced he's wasted. 

Did you watch the Champions League final? Ignoring everything else for now... 

37 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Don't you realise that we're 4 points behind City with only 108 points to play for?

bh187-spongebob.gif

Fully aware of the armageddon facing us over the next eight months, but I'm trying to hide my sheer desperation with heavy handed sarcasm and old bastard's 'seen it all before' contempt. As Klopp indicated post match we should worry if we've only got two points in May. Yet  .....what if?

Klopp:

Jürgen Klopp detailed the injury concerns Liverpool needed to contend with in the build-up to Monday evening's 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace at Anfield.

The Reds were without Joel Matip due to a muscle strain for the Premier League encounter, which the manager expects to keep him sidelined for around two weeks.

Roberto Firmino was also absent as a precaution, while Joe Gomez and Jordan Henderson were only deemed fit enough to be named on the bench due to fitness issues of their own.

Klopp told his post-match press conference: "[Joel] will be two weeks. We will see with that.

"The week was crazy; I have experienced a lot of weeks but that was like we had a witch in the building. Honestly, like every day somebody else pulled out [of training] for the craziest reasons.

"In the end, Joey didn't start. Nat [Phillips] did really well, I have to say, but Joey didn't start because he only trained yesterday again. At the start of the week, [he had] a little issue.

"Bobby couldn't make it. Hendo this morning, we got the information there was a little concern about something if he plays too long, so he didn't play that long.

"That's the situation. It was not too cool"

7 minutes ago, Strontium said:

For a team with pretensions to the title, fixtures against Fulham and Palace should be absolute gimmes.

Christ knows what will happen if we play someone good.

Good that we’re going up against the bottom side next so. Get some confidence back…

32 minutes ago, Strontium said:

For a team with pretensions to the title, fixtures against Fulham and Palace should be absolute gimmes.

Christ knows what will happen if we play someone good.

Palace are decent, to be fair. To play the tactics they did today, 5-4-1, bus parking, they do it almost to perfection. They have a really solid and athletic defense, good press resistant out balls in Eze and Olise and then Zaha is a one man counter attack. Even City have had big problems with them. Under Vieira, they're the type of team that unless they're really off, you can't blow them away.

Fulham are a different story, you have to trounce them.

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Klopp:

Jürgen Klopp detailed the injury concerns Liverpool needed to contend with in the build-up to Monday evening's 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace at Anfield.

The Reds were without Joel Matip due to a muscle strain for the Premier League encounter, which the manager expects to keep him sidelined for around two weeks.

Roberto Firmino was also absent as a precaution, while Joe Gomez and Jordan Henderson were only deemed fit enough to be named on the bench due to fitness issues of their own.

Klopp told his post-match press conference: "[Joel] will be two weeks. We will see with that.

"The week was crazy; I have experienced a lot of weeks but that was like we had a witch in the building. Honestly, like every day somebody else pulled out [of training] for the craziest reasons.

"In the end, Joey didn't start. Nat [Phillips] did really well, I have to say, but Joey didn't start because he only trained yesterday again. At the start of the week, [he had] a little issue.

"Bobby couldn't make it. Hendo this morning, we got the information there was a little concern about something if he plays too long, so he didn't play that long.

"That's the situation. It was not too cool"

Shock fucking horror Jurgen, all the players who came under the influence of this “witch” are either injury prone or old as fuck. 

The witch’s name is called age. Her surname is sick-note. 

7 hours ago, George Costanza said:

Still early days on this joke of a season but I feel we'll be fighting more for top 4 than the title.  Midfield looks way way short of the quality required.  Injuries & now suspensions early on already reallly hurting us.

Absolutely humongous game next week

Nailed on draw.