You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Mon 15th Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, Leyton388 said:

Squads looking boss isn't it? Anyone still think we don't need signings? 

Absolute state of that lineup tonight and that bench. Anyone who thinks Klopp is happy with that squad is a fool. 

He'd argue that when all fit it is a great squad......and he would be right.

The problem is too many of the players in it are injury prone and at the moment we have a shit load of injuries all at same time.

We've also run down our forward options.

End of last season we had:

Mane

Salah

Diaz

Jota

Firmino

Origi

Mimamino

We now have:

Salah

Diaz

Jota

Firmino

Nunez

There is little doubt in my mind that it is weaker now and that does not bode well for the cups when we need to rotate and of course like now with Jota and Firmino out and Nunez now suspendef for 3 games we are down to 2 forwards.....

We have IMHO reduced our squad depth, and not got rid of injury prone/unreliable players.

Does Klopp really trust Naby Keita - he couldn't get on park tonight ahead of 37 year old Milner and two unproven kids.....Oxlade we all know the score, Thiago is a luxury/bonus player who will miss about half the games across season.....

Suddenly when you dig down the cracks are there - we should have moved on some deadwood and added a midfielder and another forward this summer IMO.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Elliott was great. Hope springs eternal.

James gave his all as per usual.

Trent sonambulistic. 

Robbo ineffective compared to previous seasons.

Rest of midlfield a massive concern (worryingly Fab)

Diaz - lightening in a bottle. Keep it up lad.

Other teams have worked us out? Likely

They worked out how to make us miss chances? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes, but the best midfielders are on a contract and will cost a fortune. If one agrees to move, and we pay the price, that's Bellingham gone as next summer's target. What will people say then if the rushed signing doesn't work out? That's right: 'Spend even more, that isn't now available, on Bellingham'. So fans need to think rationally about the matter. Do we just go for any cheap 'extra' player? And what happens if THAT doesn't work? Moaning about panic buys? 

It’s not about panic buying, I’d imagine we have a pretty large database of players we have monitored for some time.

Feels like the Virgil situation, we are waiting on Bellingham. I get that, imagine most of us do. But as I say I’d imagine there are players out there that can add what we need, I refuse to believe it is only Bellingham.

5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He gave Diaz a free for Ward leaning on him when the exact same thing happened in the box (Andersen) had both his arms around him, pushing him down. 

Yep, I said that earlier. I sat there thinking, 'How is that different???' Same with his 'bold' booking of the keeper - the keeper goes and wastes time again straight after. So that's a red card. There's zero logic, zero consistency. 

Keepers especially in teams that play like this: they all know they won't get booked for it until the dying minutes, and that the ref will choke on any red card. These teams that play nine behind the ball - they cannot be allowed to also cheat non-stop. It's hard enough to score against teams that play that way, but when they're allowed to waste time, have a break for multiple cramps from the hour mark onwards, etc etc, then the ref is their 12th man.

Are we seriously saying Bellingham is the only player out there that could improve this midfield? Some people need to get a grip and stop gagging on the shit the club feeds them. 

There are loads of midfielders that could come in and improve this team. I refuse to believe that some 19 year old kid is the answer to the midfield issue. Its not realistic at all  

The injury crisis we're currently experiencing may end up costing us this season. Jota konate/matip thiago are huge losses. Its been 4 points needlessly discarded and I agree with a poster above that we're giving up 2 types of chances with the ball into the left channel and from robbos side to trents post. 

Teams are finding it easier to score against us and we're finding it harder in reciprocation. With a fully fit squad, even from here, I see us challenging but we could fall too far behind to make up the difference if we keep throwing away points like we're currently doing. 

Cunts all!

1 minute ago, torahboy said:

Two draws. Imagine the level of shithouse hysteria on here if it was two defeats? 36 games to go and some stupid fuckers are writing the season off! Nothing like success to breed a sense of enitltlement.

Do you think we will over those 36 games be able to go at the more or less 100 pt over a season pace it will highly likely require for us to win title from here?

Anderson played Nunez there he knew exactly what he was doing it's just disappointing Nunez fell for it. He's young he needs to learn from it going forward. Watching the game I said to myself I guarantee the ref will book that keeper in injury time and lo and behold bang on ninety minutes. It's a fucking joke.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

We really need two things in midfield badly....

1. Pace/Legs

2. Creativity

The lack of both is hurting us.

i igree its pace we badly lack there we are too easy to defend against now teams know hold on for 30 mins you get a chance

Just now, Moo said:

Bellingham is not signing for us.  It's nothing more than fan talk because we fucked up signing VVD and had to wait 6 months for him.

Yes, and god knows how many people, when we didn't get VVD, wanted us to buy someone else pronto. Fans want a Ben Davies until they've been given a Ben Davies. It's like some awful Little Britain sketch on a loop. 'I want that one'. 'Don't like it'.

18 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

When I first heard we were signing Nunez I looked him up on Football Manager. They can be a bit hit and miss. 

The more I see him the more I think they knocked it out of the park.

He could be a very good player but he's raw as fuck. One for the future but right now he's a very physical, high energy heffalump. 

AVvXsEgzvgEYOyYdXf7bJo4ID7fvpDFWXWqnzBTR

Whilst i have no evidence of this, i reckon his long throws are better than a 5.

Also, a 10 for heading? Did you see him tonight? He poleaxed the fella.

15 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

And that right there is why I've fucked it off. I'm observing results from afar but I will not let a bunch of football players make me angry any more. Maybe I'll get back on the horse sometime. Hope not though. 

How do you do it? What did you replace it within?

I'm desperate to get away from it, thats why I've ended up acting the cunt tonight!

I've better things to do, but I just can't divorce myself from it completely. Which annoys me, because I need to. The game is rigged and I don't want to be arsed anymore.

3 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Two draws. Imagine the level of shithouse hysteria on here if it was two defeats? 36 games to go and some stupid fuckers are writing the season off! Nothing like success to breed a sense of enitltlement.

This. We’ve got numerous threads on here ridiculing fans from underperforming clubs. 

Absolutely no reason to believe that the amount of entitled muppets is any lower in our fanbase.