You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Mon 15th Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

25 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Hendo doesn't do 50-50s

He doesnt. That said I actually think this match is the closest he’s come in a few years. He event went and headed a ball at the edge if their area towards the end. Normally he stands and watched those. I dont think he’s good enough to start for us, but he wasn’t too bad tonight.

Some of the good stories in football are only good for sometime. E.g. Nat Phillips. Great lad, great attitude and was great when we needed him.....thanks but we need to fucking move on from the emotion.

I still don't know what the "some of the midfield solutions can be found in the squad" that Klopp refers to....

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I am more angry about that than I think I ever have been about a game. 

And that right there is why I've fucked it off. I'm observing results from afar but I will not let a bunch of football players make me angry any more. Maybe I'll get back on the horse sometime. Hope not though. 

2 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

When I first heard we were signing Nunez I looked him up on Football Manager. They can be a bit hit and miss. 

The more I see him the more I think they knocked it out of the park.

He could be a very good player but he's raw as fuck. One for the future but right now he's a very physical, high energy heffalump. 

AVvXsEgzvgEYOyYdXf7bJo4ID7fvpDFWXWqnzBTR

Imagine admitting this.  

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

Some of the good stories in football are only good for sometime. E.g. Nat Phillips. Great lad, great attitude and was great when we needed him.....thanks but we need to fucking move on from the emotion.

I still don't know what the "some of the midfield solutions can be found in the squad" that Klopp refers to....

Good story, about a decent footballer and a great character that never was and never will be good enough for this level. 

Just now, Leyton388 said:

Squads looking boss isn't it? Anyone still think we don't need signings? 

Absolute state of that lineup tonight and that bench. Anyone who thinks Klopp is happy with that squad is a fool. 

Of course he is. People must be mad if they think the players are foisted on him. 

Elliott was great. Hope springs eternal.

James gave his all as per usual.

Trent sonambulistic. 

Robbo ineffective compared to previous seasons.

Rest of midlfield a massive concern (worryingly Fab)

Diaz - lightening in a bottle. Keep it up lad.

Other teams have worked us out? Likely

Despite what people say this side needs midfield players. More drive and power, a player that can take a man on and get in dangerous areas. Someone who can make the difference from long range.

Crying out for two top midfielders as this could be a tough season, at least until we get some quality numbers back in the squad. I refuse to believe it is only Bellingham that can improve us, that’s plain wrong.

6 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Ridiculous ref as usual. Paul Tierney is a fuckin disgrace.

Did VAR even look at the Diaz penalty claim? The ball stayed in so long after that it seemed as though they just hoped everyone would have forgotten what happened! Sometimes they'll replay that on VAR over and over again, and other times, like tonight, there's nothing.

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Did VAR even look at the Diaz penalty claim? The ball stayed in so long after that it seemed as though they just hoped everyone would have forgotten what happened! Sometimes they'll replay that on VAR over and over again, and other times, like tonight, there's nothing.

Sky didn’t even go back to it. The holding from Palace defenders was a joke.

Nunez made us look stupid at Anfield last season and without VAR could have knocked us out.

Give the lad a chance. He’s played an

hours footy for us.

Young kid coming into a team like us with a massive price tag on his head on his home debut and he’s bound to be wanting to please. It’s gone against him tonight but he’ll get time to settle down now and hopefully gain a bit of confidence. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mark M said:

Fabinho has been awful the last two matches.

Nunez though….. fucks sake we’ve hardly any options in attack now I’m really worried we let the Mancs off the hook next week 

Letting them off the hook? I am not even looking forward to that game now.....especially if we concede first again....

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

He gave Diaz a free for Ward leaning on him when the exact same thing happened in the box (Andersen) had both his arms around him, pushing him down. 

Tierney is a cheat and has always been a twat for us. He gave them everything and not for the first time has he been too friendly with our opponents. That said he got the sending off correct. 

Just now, Freddo said:

Despite what people say this side needs midfield players. More drive and power, a player that can take a man on and get in dangerous areas. Someone who can make the difference from long range.

Crying out for two top midfielders as this could be a tough season, at least until we get some quality numbers back in the squad. I refuse to believe it is only Bellingham that can improve us, that’s plain wrong.

Yes, but the best midfielders are on a contract and will cost a fortune. If one agrees to move, and we pay the price, that's Bellingham gone as next summer's target. What will people say then if the rushed signing doesn't work out? That's right: 'Spend even more, that isn't now available, on Bellingham'. So fans need to think rationally about the matter. Do we just go for any cheap 'extra' player? And what happens if THAT doesn't work? Moaning about panic buys? 

6 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Squads looking boss isn't it? Anyone still think we don't need signings? 

Absolute state of that lineup tonight and that bench. Anyone who thinks Klopp is happy with that squad is a fool. 

Yeah I think there is people who don’t think we need a real injection of quality. We know we’ve injuries etc etc, but jeez they should be bringing in two quality players. To keep us at the top, that isn’t a reaction to this start at all. We need quality, to challenge for all trophies, but to also stay ahead of the likes of Chelsea, spurs, arsenal as those sides are really giving it a go.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Sky didn’t even go back to it. The holding from Palace defenders was a joke.

The referee sets the tone. For e.g. he books their goalie in the first half, immediately the players know he is not going to be fucking around. But with the cunt of a referee we had tonight they will keep trying until they get away with it and tonight they got away with the lot.

What's going on with Fabinho too his form has been off, looks even slower and more ponderous. I dont know how anyone can say our midfield is fine, it isn't its had a few insane years of intensity and it looks like it's showing. Problem is we are skint so we've got to fix it with what we have.

As for our striking of a football just make the next kit a storm trooper homage. The goals we've conceded in the last lot of games do have that covid season feel to them, a similar pattern of play just destroys us. Its a match thread they are meant to be fucking anxiety repelling cathartic bullshit.