You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Mon 15th Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

Pretty obvious why Klopp didn't start the season with Nunez in the team. He is fucking dogshit. He's exactly what we didn't need. We needed clinical, we got some long haired cunt who can't fucking hit a ball properly. 

I was concerned about this as soon as we were linked with him. I think Klopp has lost it!

• Downvote 2

Just now, gkmacca said:

Obviously. But it's not a game of football. And for anyone who points to their goal as a sign of clinical finishing - we've got loads of players who could score like that if WE packed our defence and relied on a breakaway where the lone striker has loads of time and space. So maybe that's how we should play. The tactical genius of parking the bus.

We would need about ten chances like that to score 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Not great, that. 

I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but there’s something that’s not quite right about us. The injuries might have an effect on team fluidity. But, we seem scrappy, the passing is rushed and poor, the touches in and around the box aren’t great. And, whilst Palace’s tactics have contributed to things, we’ve been tediously predictable. Get to near the Palace box and then it’s a poorly delivered cross into the box. And, repeat. 

Elliott has been our best player. Núñez will take a bit of time to settle. But, while he’s a good player, I’m starting to wonder if Diaz will ever get the numbers needed to replace the contribution we had from Mané. 

A big second half coming up. 

Diaz most times is taking an extra touch, defenders close on him and then he ends up running down a cul de sac, atm nowhere as direct as Sadio, think by the time we sort our shit out the oil cheats will be long gone.

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Calls for Naby Keita to come on. Ha, if Naby is the answer it's not worth asking the fucking question!

If the manager doesn’t believe in the player, then I’m not sure why the player is at the club.

Just now, gkmacca said:

Obviously. But it's not a game of football. And for anyone who points to their goal as a sign of clinical finishing - we've got loads of players who could score like that if WE packed our defence and relied on a breakaway where the lone striker has loads of time and space. So maybe that's how we should play. The tactical genius of parking the bus.

Personally I'd like us to play a bit deeper.  Stretch the pitch. We should be fluid enough to mix it up. Conceding first  7 times in the last 10 games isn't great.

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Just checked the score. Have we gone back to being fucking shite?

Our midfield has been teetering on the edge of a cliff for a while now, I think we might just be witnessing it fall head first into an abyss.

Our midfield is serviceable, occasionally really good but more often than not, slow as fuck and unimaginative.

We cannot rely on kids to pick up that slack.

4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Pretty obvious why Klopp didn't start the season with Nunez in the team. He is fucking dogshit. He's exactly what we didn't need. We needed clinical, we got some long haired cunt who can't fucking hit a ball properly. 

Mong !

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah he's reverted to first season Salah. Out too wide for my liking.

Nah it`s tactical. If you look at much our fullbacks actually get inside when the triangle on each side is in effect. Happened a few times in the first half. Clearly one of the break-down things that have been worked on pre season. It`s a switcharoo, sometimes Salah goes inside, deep, outside depending on position of the build up. Same on the other side. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Not great, that. 

I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but there’s something that’s not quite right about us. The injuries might have an effect on team fluidity. But, we seem scrappy, the passing is rushed and poor, the touches in and around the box aren’t great. And, whilst Palace’s tactics have contributed to things, we’ve been tediously predictable. Get to near the Palace box and then it’s a poorly delivered cross into the box. And, repeat. 

Elliott has been our best player. Núñez will take a bit of time to settle. But, while he’s a good player, I’m starting to wonder if Diaz will ever get the numbers needed to replace the contribution we had from Mané.  Saying that, it might be tactical, but he’s appeared to have playing far too deep in the first half. 

A big second half coming up. 

You have some valid points in that post, but need to remind you that Trent created about five chances in one half of football. A handful of world class passes and crosses from him wasted by his team mates.

Another unconvincing half.  Fabinho has been poor - ponderous, hesitant, and negative.  Robertson has to be bin bagged for Tsimikas - once that ball is on his left foot, and he knows he's getting no change out of Clyne, it can only go backwards.  Diaz confirming my lack of confidence in his end product and decisiveness. Elliott looking better, but needs the run of games that Diaz is getting.  Nunez trying too hard, but it's good to see that he knows how to win the ball back and be a menace we he doesn't have it - sort of like Firmino 4 years ago.  

Apart from Fabinho, the midfield has done fine.  We just need to calm down a little bit.  

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Our midfield is serviceable, occasionally really good but more often than not, slow as fuck and unimaginative.

But that's how it's always been, it's not a suddenly declined from a quick, creative, goal scoring midfield.

It's always been lacking in pace and workmanlike and lacking in goals or assists by design.