You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Mon 15th Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Salah needing twelve chances to score a goal is becoming a problem. Other team will score sometimes but we really should not be leading the shooting statistics with double digits and still end up losing games. We are making it very hard for ourselves. 

Now go and buy a creative midfielder and sell all of the sick notes. 

Just now, Red Shift said:

Half time. Thank christ. Fabinho is completely uninventive. We have absolutely no pace in midfield. Milner showing a bit of urgency but there is no creativity at all. We one dimensional with shockingly bad finishing.

We are Liverpool, and at the moment, this means poor.

I don't want him to be inventive I just want him to turn when he recieves the ball in space and have a look around. 

• Upvote 1

It shouldn't be denied that it'd be hard for any team to play against one that keeps nine men behind the ball. That's fine for minnows in a cup tie, but I still say it's pathetic for a team that's supposed to be in the Premier League on merit. And Viera is talked of as 'progressive'. It's pathetic.

Anyway, we should be so much quicker in thought and action. Robertson does my head in - there was a move late on, in the middle of the pitch, he has the chance to play it inside to Elliott in space, chooses instead to play it back, then plays it to Elliott who is now being closed down. Just foggy thinking.

Ideally we need a player who can dribble the ball past players like Salah did last season, otherwise there's another half of torture ahead.

Just now, Funkasy said:

Salah needing twelve chances to score a goal is becoming a problem. Other team will score sometimes but we really should not be leading the shooting statistics with double digits and still end up losing games. We are making it very hard for ourselves. 

Now go and buy a creative midfielder and sell all of the sick notes. 

Yeah he's reverted to first season Salah. Out too wide for my liking.

Not great, that. 

I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but there’s something that’s not quite right about us. The injuries might have an effect on team fluidity. But, we seem scrappy, the passing is rushed and poor, the touches in and around the box aren’t great. And, whilst Palace’s tactics have contributed to things, we’ve been tediously predictable. Get to near the Palace box and then it’s a poorly delivered cross into the box. And, repeat. 

Elliott has been our best player. Núñez will take a bit of time to settle. But, while he’s a good player, I’m starting to wonder if Diaz will ever get the numbers needed to replace the contribution we had from Mané.  Saying that, it might be tactical, but he’s appeared to have playing far too deep in the first half. 

A big second half coming up. 

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Just checked the score. Have we gone back to being fucking shite?

We've been a bit shit. However, the good news is that match threads have improved. Plenty to slag off and the pearl clutchers are prepping themselves for a big second half. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty obvious why Klopp didn't start the season with Nunez in the team. He is fucking dogshit. He's exactly what we didn't need. We needed clinical, we got some long haired cunt who can't fucking hit a ball properly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Is it me, or has the football lost goal scoring midfielders? You know, ones who can shoot the ball from the edge of the box? 

De Bruyne, Gundogan and Foden scored for City on Saturday. Think it's just us.

21 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

It's up to us to beat them, as shit as it is

Obviously. But it's not a game of football. And for anyone who points to their goal as a sign of clinical finishing - we've got loads of players who could score like that if WE packed our defence and relied on a breakaway where the lone striker has loads of time and space. So maybe that's how we should play. The tactical genius of parking the bus.