You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Mon 15th Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

25 minutes ago, an tha said:

I was commenting on just the barely 2 min clip in answer to one question that i posted.

Mate, I give up. You're clearly a glass half empty guy, and I hope that works for you.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, m0e said:

Mate, I give up. You're clearly a glass half empty guy, and I hope that works for you.

I have no idea why you are having a pop at me here.

My comment was that Klopp was pissed off in a 2 minute video.

That is why i wrote 'really pissed off here' and posted the 2 min video.

The 'here' was referring to the clip.....and i stand by what i said - to me he looked and sounded really frustrated and pissed off with the woman asking the question and the question.

He even called it silly and also said something to her about 'you have such an easy life' or something like that.

Why you are having a pop at me over that and calling me a glass half empty guy over it i don't know. Feels wires are crossed somewhere on this one.

I am by own admission a glass half empty guy, yeah - but seriously i don't know why this comment about a 2 min video where in my view Klopp is clearly pissed off (and where we have already agreed i was not having a pop at Klopp) with the question he was fielding has got you worked up.

I was not suggesting for a moment Klopp being pissed off was a bad thing.

I can only assume you have somehow misinterpreted what i meant - or the clip i posted is not what i thought it was or something.

Anyway no big deal - just feels a bit weird it has blown to this point.

Here is the 2 mins i was referring to....IMHO, Klopp is pissed off here...

Kelleher and Jota both injured from internationals at the end of last season. Ramsey, the club detected an 'issue' after he trained with us that if left would 'cause issues' later in his career. Im not sure Ramsey would be making the PL matchday squad just yet.

Keita copped for an illness, covid? Alli got injured in pre season, Matip has a groin issue and just sat out training today so not yet ruled out as AoT says. Some of these issues are the result of FIFA placing ridiculous demands on players with pointless international fixtures that should have been shelved.

Im expecting another season of injuries as the players are flogged again due to the winter World Cup and no doubt FIFA demanding one or two international breaks later in the New Year.

27 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Kelleher and Jota both injured from internationals at the end of last season. Ramsey, the club detected an 'issue' after he trained with us that if left would 'cause issues' later in his career. Im not sure Ramsey would be making the PL matchday squad just yet.

Keita copped for an illness, covid? Alli got injured in pre season, Matip has a groin issue and just sat out training today so not yet ruled out as AoT says. Some of these issues are the result of FIFA placing ridiculous demands on players with pointless international fixtures that should have been shelved.

Im expecting another season of injuries as the players are flogged again due to the winter World Cup and no doubt FIFA demanding one or two international breaks later in the New Year.

If the one thing last season showed us it's that as a squad we are as good as anybody in the world. My concern during the summer was us selling some of those fringe players who did a great job last season when slotting in now and again. I just hope we arent going to end up having thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

The ridiculous calendar, the sheer amount of football, the laughable international shite that seems to be getting more of a problem each year are all unhelpful and players are at risk more than ever....nobody will do anything about though because of £££££'s.

But we simply do have some injury prone and maybe too many injury prone players in comparison to other clubs unfortunately - players who are repeatedly getting injured....

There is just no getting away from that and those same players will likely continue to pick up injuries.

4 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

As it stands, our strongest team and bench will be.

Ali, Trent,Vvd,Gomez,Robertson,Fab,Henderson,Elliott, Salah, Nunez,Diaz,

Adrian, Phillips, Keita, Milner, Carvalho and Bobby in terms of senior players available.

And some moan about strength and depth.

Obviously not 100% but that’s a really strong 11 and bench - good enough to beat 90% of league teams home and away.

12 hours ago, gkmacca said:

The Greek Scouser is back, isn't he? And, for better or worse, Keita. But I wonder if Klopp, knowing the pre-season was going to be short, tried to pack in too much and is now counting the costs. 

This is quite likely. Klopp has said a number of times over the years that preseason is about preparing for the whole season, not just to be ready for the start of the season. We may well have put in too much in too short time this summer. Both lack of sharpness at the first few games and possibly a few injuries could well be caused by this. It’s a trade off with some calculated risk added into it.

6 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

You’re clearly a piss in a glass and drink it kind of guy. Jog on, he was 100% pissed off in that clip and the guy who posted it made a simple remark stating so. Nothing more to it. 

As if I'm replying to you, you utter no mark.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, an tha said:

I have no idea why you are having a pop at me here.

My comment was that Klopp was pissed off in a 2 minute video.

That is why i wrote 'really pissed off here' and posted the 2 min video.

The 'here' was referring to the clip.....and i stand by what i said - to me he looked and sounded really frustrated and pissed off with the woman asking the question and the question.

He even called it silly and also said something to her about 'you have such an easy life' or something like that.

Why you are having a pop at me over that and calling me a glass half empty guy over it i don't know. Feels wires are crossed somewhere on this one.

I am by own admission a glass half empty guy, yeah - but seriously i don't know why this comment about a 2 min video where in my view Klopp is clearly pissed off (and where we have already agreed i was not having a pop at Klopp) with the question he was fielding has got you worked up.

I was not suggesting for a moment Klopp being pissed off was a bad thing.

I can only assume you have somehow misinterpreted what i meant - or the clip i posted is not what i thought it was or something.

Anyway no big deal - just feels a bit weird it has blown to this point.

Here is the 2 mins i was referring to....IMHO, Klopp is pissed off here...

Mate, you do whatever works for you. We've obviously got totally different perspectives on what being really pissed off is. I'd invite you to watch the whole thing.

He's cool as fuck about the situation, and even in your clip, he goes out of his way to explain himself after his initial irritation with the criticism that we start games slowly.

My take is that he got arsey having to defend his side, and that lasted all of 10 seconds. That's Klopp 101.

17 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If the one thing last season showed us it's that as a squad we are as good as anybody in the world. My concern during the summer was us selling some of those fringe players who did a great job last season when slotting in now and again. I just hope we arent going to end up having thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

Totally agree. Id have kept Div, Minomina and Neco, probably Grujic as well, giving them big increases in pay to stay if necessary and the promise of more games with 5 subs. Sadio seemed intent on going, whether a big wedge would have made a difference seeing as he wanted to go 12 months earlier, i dont know.

3 hours ago, m0e said:

Mate, you do whatever works for you. We've obviously got totally different perspectives on what being really pissed off is. I'd invite you to watch the whole thing.

He's cool as fuck about the situation, and even in your clip, he goes out of his way to explain himself after his initial irritation with the criticism that we start games slowly.

My take is that he got arsey having to defend his side, and that lasted all of 10 seconds. That's Klopp 101.

We'll just agree to disgaree on this one.

No big deal, mate.

Cheers.

5 hours ago, m0e said:

As if I'm replying to you, you utter no mark.

You just replied to me my man.

Yes me, the utter no mark, in comparison to you, the astute and world-renowned footballing aficionado and body language expert. 

Jurgen was pissed off. No big deal. Stop getting your knickers in a twist about it.

On 13/08/2022 at 07:13, Scott_M said:

Although I’m sure he had hoped it would happen in different circumstances, I hope Gomez takes the opportunity with both hands and shows us the player he was in 2018 again. 

Hahaha. I’m hoping that for Naby, as well as Joe. 

In terms of the injuries, surely after such a long hard season, having the squad in cruise control for a month’s break - maybe a little less- comes back to bite them?

Anyway, looks like Elliot gets a start. He has energy, no doubt, but his skillset needs to improve. Keeping hold of the ball would help too. We seriously need to slaughter Palace or we’re already behind the eight ball.

On 12/08/2022 at 16:15, an tha said:

Really pissed off here....

Don’t blame him to be honest, stupid question! I saw him interviewed on Sky yesterday and he was absolutely fine. I think he can’t bear stupid questions!

9 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Anyway, looks like Elliot gets a start. He has energy, no doubt, but his skillset needs to improve. Keeping hold of the ball would help too. We seriously need to slaughter Palace or we’re already behind the eight ball.

Elliott needs to stop the habit of moving the ball slowly onto his left foot when he receives it and leaning that way, unbalancing himself and giving the opposition the chance to get a foot in immediately.

In the same way as Robbo, I can't believe that we have some of the best coaches in the world and bang on about incremental gains but don't insist all of our players are at least competent with both feet. It actually cost us a CL final with Riise a few years back.