You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Mon 15th Aug 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

24 minutes ago, an tha said:

He looked bored shitless by the stupid questions and full of disdain for the clowns asking them...

Hopefully nothing more than that.

Yes. That would be an understandable reaction each and every week. It's just slightly surprising when it does happen because he normally shows remarkable patience and good humour.

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes. That would be an understandable reaction each and every week. It's just slightly surprising when it does happen because he normally shows remarkable patience and good humour.

He probably has the nark with all these fucking injuries that we are suffering at present....it gives me the nark and now it seems Matip is added to list.

I can see why his patience might be a bit thin at the mo.

On 09/08/2022 at 14:24, YorkshireRed said:

Anybody proclaiming to be ‘glad all over’ is to be immediately treated with disdain. Even if they are, in fact, glad all over. I, for one, don’t want to hear about it. 

It's rather ironic that the man who wrote the song, Dave Clark, was apparently so unhappy all over that he's spent a fair share of his royalties trying to revise his own appearance. In a way, that's more of an apt allusion to the Palace fans than the bloody song ever was.

No, I haven't had a facelift - honest': Pop star Dave Clark talks about  sex, drugs... and ageing | Daily Mail Online

Bits and pieces: Original 1960s icon Dave Clark displayed an unnatural looking face as he picked up a coffee in central London over the weekend

• Upvote 1

Just seen the Matip injury news!

Shades of two year ago where our whole season unravelled and fell apart.

Klopp is adamant that we aren't going back in to the transfer window though.

I hate being pessimistic, but we could easily find ourselves in a scrap to finish top four now if we're not careful. 

If we get a tough champions league group we could find ourselves in a bad spot going in to the world cup.

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

Really?

You call that pissed off?

He gets agitated by any negative generalisation of the team, and always has done.

It wasn't a criticism of him at all....just feel he was fed up with the stupid questions and yeah to me was pissed off in his reply and manner.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

It wasn't a criticism of him at all....just feel he was fed up with the stupid questions and yeah to me was pissed off in his reply and manner.

I didn't say it way a criticism.

You described that clip as him being "really pissed off here".

He clearly wasn't.

43 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Although I’m sure he had hoped it would happen in different circumstances, I hope Gomez takes the opportunity with both hands and shows us the player he was in 2018 again. 

He is going to need to and hopefully does.

One of the big reasons IMO Matip stayed fit last season was because his workload was cleverly managed - he rarely if ever played 3 games a week and was smartly rotated with Konate....with Konate out Gomez steps into that role helping manage Matip's workload and of course it looks like Matip may be injured now so he'll be even more needed.

Gomez getting injured again now would leave us with 1 fit senior centre half - ok we don't know how long Matip is out - hopefully not long at all, but regardless Gomez is now really important to us.

The lad deserves a decent injury free period and we really need it.

4 hours ago, gkmacca said:

It's rather ironic that the man who wrote the song, Dave Clark, was apparently so unhappy all over that he's spent a fair share of his royalties trying to revise his own appearance. In a way, that's more of an apt allusion to the Palace fans than the bloody song ever was.

No, I haven't had a facelift - honest': Pop star Dave Clark talks about  sex, drugs... and ageing | Daily Mail Online

Bits and pieces: Original 1960s icon Dave Clark displayed an unnatural looking face as he picked up a coffee in central London over the weekend

Dave Clark Five were famously Spurs fans, too. Until Mark Steel releases an album, Palace haven't got a tune they can call their own.