You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Fulham 2 Liverpool 2 - Match Reaction

tlw content

7 hours ago, TheBitch said:

If in doubt blame Monty…

Fucks sake Dave. 

He’s feeling well disposed to Monty at the moment since he jumped on John’s bandwagon on the pod and gave credit to some other fucking nonsense about Dave’s football “career”.  

8 hours ago, m0e said:

85% from a center back who doesn't ever hit it long, against relegation fodder, for a possession based side like us, is the absolute minimum I would expect.

The problem is the 15%. Most of it seemed to put us in trouble.

I can put those stats here as well, together with his average and the other players average from last season.

2CC115FC-95C2-4D14-89D6-921535B6065E.jpeg

D116EC9C-5A18-4188-AE4E-976CC82AC9D6.jpeg

B0FCA77D-8DB6-4D1C-88D1-CB94BE194227.jpeg

2 hours ago, Paul said:

He’s feeling well disposed to Monty at the moment since he jumped on John’s bandwagon on the pod and gave credit to some other fucking nonsense about Dave’s football “career”.  

It's only you in denial of it. Funny thing is, you only saw me play a handful of times anyway because your fitness record makes Thiago look iron man.

2 hours ago, Code said:

I can put those stats here as well, together with his average and the other players average from last season.

2CC115FC-95C2-4D14-89D6-921535B6065E.jpeg

D116EC9C-5A18-4188-AE4E-976CC82AC9D6.jpeg

B0FCA77D-8DB6-4D1C-88D1-CB94BE194227.jpeg

I get it, Frode, but 85% is not "good for Matip". Its average.

Also, the stats don't tell you what happened with the 15%, and in the last game, the 15% was utter dog turd.

5 hours ago, dave u said:

It's only you in denial of it. Funny thing is, you only saw me play a handful of times anyway because your fitness record makes Thiago look iron man.

Think your Al might have something to say about me being the “only one in denial”. 

23 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Yep. He was indeed, as you say, “trying” to play the big vertical passes. And far far more often then not they come off and he creates killer moments as are planned by the coaches. But they weren’t this time. And more so the low 15 yard looks passes weren’t coming off either. By his and our standards it was not a good, complete performance. 

He attempted 18 long passes (over 30m) in the match and completed 15. 

8 successful passes into the final third and one into the box.

Five players in the whole league completed more long passes this week.

Only four players in the league completed more tackles.

Oh, and he carried the ball the most progressive distance in the league on the weekend too.

He was not a problem. He was one of the few who played well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stu Monty said:

Oh, and he carried the ball the most progressive distance in the league on the weekend too.

Well, the eye test said he let lose balls that put us in all sorts of trouble. But I love Joel and firmly believe he’s a key player for us, so I’m happy for some daft stats to say he played well. Spread the love. 

• dave u unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Stu Monty said:

Yes! Fight them with stats Stu.

I could get used to this having a nerd helping me fight battles by throwing nerd stuff around.

There was something someone said about Firmino not being suited to bring the intensity which is harsh and ignores the context of tactics. 

Firmino is a horses for courses player now. He'll largely be 5th choice and will be a tactical option against sides who don't go long or don't have a good option to go long up front and bypass the press. Like Leeds, for example. He will bring it and be effective against that type of team. But against Fulham, who just went long to Mitrovic the whole time, it won't play to what is still his strength. There were fewer opportunities to press.

And we have to know he's not much of a goal threat. The link with Diaz doesn't work, who is more of a natural wide player. He will have to play with 2 huge goal threats and penalty box presences. Like Jota and Salah or Nunez and Salah.

That said, we should have beaten Fulham anyway. You can understand Klopp not knowing what happened.

I'm generally in agreement with the consensus of the pod but not this time. I don't think Fulham are as shite as you guys said, particularly the defence. Both full backs and Tosin are strong and quick (Keeper and Ream are shite). We did try several times to get behind them but we either over hit the pass or they dealt with it.

Paulinha looked excellent for them, they will get plenty of points at home this season. Still a shite result mind.

• 5 months later...
On 11/08/2022 at 15:43, Harrison Booth said:

I'm generally in agreement with the consensus of the pod but not this time. I don't think Fulham are as shite as you guys said, particularly the defence. Both full backs and Tosin are strong and quick (Keeper and Ream are shite). We did try several times to get behind them but we either over hit the pass or they dealt with it.

Paulinha looked excellent for them, they will get plenty of points at home this season. Still a shite result mind.

Pat myself on the back for this one.

• Upvote 1