You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Motherfucking Tyler

redinblack

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

He apologised for any misunderstanding. In other words, sorry if you fuckwits misunderstood what I said (or at least intended to).

I fully accept that he doesn't equate Hillsborough with hooliganism. But he should be apologising for his own inarticulacy, not our misunderstanding. 

Yes. As I said earlier on. It was a Kelvin MacKenzie-style 'apology'.

“Hillsborough and other hooliganism related…” is a pretty conclusive statement.

From a commentator who, whether you like him or not, is vastly experienced and who should have been very aware of what he was saying and who is paid very well to be aware of what he is saying.

He’s apologised for a poor use of words and agreed Hillsborough isn’t related, and wasn’t meant to be related, to hooliganism.

Fair enough, but it was still said, and so the honourable thing for him to do would be to step down now.

Professional people, supposedly at the top of their game, aren’t afforded the same mistakes we might make.

Oh, and fuck the BBC dicks for not picking up on it straight away.

5 hours ago, Mook said:

It's a shame he's such a cunt as he was quite close to a very valid point that in many ways Hillsborough was a huge factor in the creation of the abomination we know as the Premier League.

They used the disaster to completely over sanatise & Americanise the sport & create this fucking circus they are still developing today. That cunt Kelly had a huge shareholding in the plastics company who made the seats as well if I remember correctly too. A fucking racket.

Not that he would mention any of that given he's complicit & also a complete and utter cunt.

Great point,well made.

5 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

He apologised for any misunderstanding. In other words, sorry if you fuckwits misunderstood what I said (or at least intended to).

I fully accept that he doesn't equate Hillsborough with hooliganism. But he should be apologising for his own inarticulacy, not our misunderstanding. 

Either he's a horrible, malicious fucking cunt or he's so shit at speaking that he shouldn't be commentating anyway. 

I mean, obviously, it's both. 

I fucking hate Martin Tyler. 

9 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

The Kop showed it's ire towards Gerald Sinstadt for much less.

I can’t stand the cunt. Him and Neville commentating together on our games is as bad as it gets. I’d be made up if we didn’t have to endure him anymore. He is their main commentator though. We are on telly virtually every week and feature in all the big games. 
They won’t take him off our games. He will just brazen it out. 

12 minutes ago, Shitty Arse said:

I can’t stand the cunt. Him and Neville commentating together on our games is as bad as it gets. I’d be made up if we didn’t have to endure him anymore. He is their main commentator though. We are on telly virtually every week and feature in all the big games. 

Be interesting if the ground chanted something colourful about Tyler that was audible on the TV.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Shitty Arse said:

If he's genuinely sorry he'll wait until he's commentating on our next game on Sky maybe.

'Mistakes' like this have the effect of perpetuating the lies our fans have had to fight so hard to disprove for the last 33 years.

The club should call a meeting with his employers imo and tell them in the strongest possible terms that he is no longer welcome at Anfield stating the reasons why.

The the biased old cunt should have been put out to pasture, preferably under it years ago anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I like your thinking. And if the crowd continued to chant it loudly for a long period too. 

Exactly. Martin Tyler is a Cunt chanted by all four stands for a sustained time. Sky would hopefully get the message then.