You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Motherfucking Tyler

redinblack

I can't stand Tyler. 

BUT...

I honestly just think he misspoke there. I don't believe he deliberately conflated the two issues at all. It's not beyond all reasonable doubt that he did. His emphasis and cadence could have been different. He could have said *OTHER*... hooligan related issues. 

However, he's immediately come out an apologised for it. 

Anyone who is furious about this and wants him fucked off for good, I have no issue with. But I believe it's an honest mistake. Either way, he needed to be more conscious about the sensitivities of this issue when talking about it at all. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

When it suits Tyler and Sky they're just as fast. If a young footballer tweets a stupid statement they'll all pile on his back in the most public way possible. If fans are heard chanting the wrong thing they'll be condemned over and over again by Tyler and all his fellow virtue-signalling hypocrites. Then there's the 'terrible' booing of an anthem. This current 'issue' is just the kind of thing that Tyler would happily shake his head and sneer about if it happened to someone else. It's karma.

His job is to talk quickly on air ('and it's live!') whilst policing himself for dubious remarks. He's not some occasional interviewee who hadn't yet woken up. This is a moral lesson for him, but, as he's never learned from all the previous ones, it won't change him now.

To be fair this is mostly a great point 

Sky are borderline fucking unbearable when it comes to jumping all over stuff.

So when one of their employess makes a fuck up like this then people expresssing their outrage is really no different to how sky blow stuff up and sky also really drag it out and make mountains out of molehills often.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

So when one of their employess makes a fuck up like this then people expresssing their outrage is really no different to how sky blow stuff up and sky also really drag it out and make mountains out of molehills often.

Aye, made a rod for their own back there. 

Fwiw I accept his explanation. At the same time for a man of his experience he should have twigged straight away that he'd fucked up and then gone to make the distinction between the two and apologise.

4 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Aye, made a rod for their own back there. 

Fwiw I accept his explanation. At the same time for a man of his experience he should have twigged straight away that he'd fucked up and then gone to make the distinction between the two and apologise.

I accept his explanation as well.....it was clumsy at best and it meant it was extremely easy to interpret that he had conflated the two things, but my view is he didn't mean to.

He is still a massive fucking beaut though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chocoholic said:

Both feet, studs up is the minimum the shitstain deserves. He knew he was going on there to talk about the start of the Premier League, so as a very experienced commentator, being prepared, he will have had a number of points he would have wanted to make. Thoughts formulated, and if he knew what was right and appropriate to say, he also knew what wasn't. He would have known that he was going to reference Hillsborough, and so he would also have known in advance to steer well clear of saying anything that could be possibly taken the wrong way. He is experienced enough to be able to change his form of words midway if he felt that thought coming, knowing it was wrong. Thirty plus years, and people with huge platforms are still making 'mistakes'.

A word, and a stone, once cast cannot be recalled. 

I think you've massively overthought the situation.  But that's fair enough.  It's your view, and I'm certainly not going to spend too much time defending Martin fucking Tyler

As Johnny has said I don’t think he was trying to link the two. 

Following the Hillsborough Tragedy (the tragedy where fans were absolved of all blame), *long fucking pause* and fan hooliganism meant the football world was a completely different experience/environment before the start of the PL.

It shouldn’t have been difficult for an extremely well paid football commentator to make that point without sounding such a crass twat. 

I don’t believe that it was deliberate but I still want him off the air because he’s a fucking terrible commentator. 

It's a shame he's such a cunt as he was quite close to a very valid point that in many ways Hillsborough was a huge factor in the creation of the abomination we know as the Premier League.

They used the disaster to completely over sanatise & Americanise the sport & create this fucking circus they are still developing today. That cunt Kelly had a huge shareholding in the plastics company who made the seats as well if I remember correctly too. A fucking racket.

Not that he would mention any of that given he's complicit & also a complete and utter cunt.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Mook said:

That cunt Kelly had a huge shareholding in the plastics company who made the seats as well if I remember correctly too. A fucking racket.

Kelly, Millichip and another cunt whose name escapes me all bought shares in a near bankrupt plastics company called Pell Holdings. 

There had been no mention of all seater stadia in the original Taylor Report and this was then added at a later date. After the 3 cunts purchased shares. 

Pell Holdings then won over 80% of the contracts to supply/fit plastic seating at stadia in the country including Wembley. 

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Kelly, Millichip and another cunt whose name escapes me all bought shares in a near bankrupt plastics company called Pell Holdings. 

There has been no mention of all seater stadia in the original Taylor Report and this was then added at a later date. After the 3 cunts purchased shares. 

Pell Holdings then won over 80% of the contracts to supply/for plastic seating at stadia in the country including Wembley. 

Thanks for the confirmation.

We should never forget that those cunts coined it in off the back of the disaster.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Sadness in his eyes. 

1 hour ago, clockspeed said:

Based on the question there was zero need to mention Hillsbrough or hooliganism full stop. Let that sink in before giving him benefit of doubt . Confused old man my arse.

Exactly. It was a lazy, tired, unthinking remark - much like his commentaries. 

3 hours ago, Chris said:

I can't stand Tyler. 

BUT...

I honestly just think he misspoke there. I don't believe he deliberately conflated the two issues at all. It's not beyond all reasonable doubt that he did. His emphasis and cadence could have been different. He could have said *OTHER*... hooligan related issues. 

However, he's immediately come out an apologised for it. 

Anyone who is furious about this and wants him fucked off for good, I have no issue with. But I believe it's an honest mistake. Either way, he needed to be more conscious about the sensitivities of this issue when talking about it at all. 

Agree, let's be the bigger man about this, it was a poorly constructed sentence for which he apologised.  Let's move on. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Agree, let's be the bigger man about this, it was a poorly constructed sentence for which he apologised.  Let's move on. 

I tend to be of the opinion that if we go nuclear about this, it lessens the impact when there are truly egregious slights and slurs too. A measured response, reminding of him of his reach, platform, responsibilities and the ongoing sensitivities is fine. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Now he's apologised, whether you agree/accept or not, it's a non-issue. I mentioned Carragher in anticipation that this escalated.

Glad to see we have an arbiter of what is an issue or a non issue. Well fuck off with that. His statement was Hillsborough AND OTHER Hooliganism. Not AND Hooliganism . This will be used by the usual cunts to bring out all the old bollocks. I don't except his apology he can fuck off and so can you telling me its a non issue.

• Upvote 1

He apologised for any misunderstanding. In other words, sorry if you fuckwits misunderstood what I said (or at least intended to).

I fully accept that he doesn't equate Hillsborough with hooliganism. But he should be apologising for his own inarticulacy, not our misunderstanding. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, index1000 said:

Glad to see we have an arbiter of what is an issue or a non issue. Well fuck off with that. His statement was Hillsborough AND OTHER Hooliganism. Not AND Hooliganism . This will be used by the usual cunts to bring out all the old bollocks. I don't except his apology he can fuck off and so can you telling me its a non issue.

Carragher's response is a non issue.