You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Motherfucking Tyler

redinblack

2 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Be interesting to see what Carragher says about Tyler, that piss stained old cunt shouldn’t be allowed to set foot in Anfield ever again.

They're all as tight as any masonic lodge. 'Our large production team of entitled white middle class wankers would like to tell all of you idiots out there that black lives matter'. Everything they do is as smug as it is stupid. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don't think he was actually trying to conflate the two, but that's very clumsy at best. He's a twat anyway, but I don't *think* he was deliberately trying to say what it looks like he said. He should clarify and apologise though. 

This. 

I think he’s just misspoken and the “other” crept in by mistake. An apology and a clarification will be enough, for me. Not that I matter though. It’s how the bereaved families feel. But, while Tyler is a cunt, he doesn’t seem the type who’d deliberately make that comparison. 

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He'd still be allowed to do away games where we have no control. He needs sacking, no ifs or buts as far as Im concerned.

Yes he would unfortunately and totally agree about him needing sacking, but whether Sky would because of this I'm not sure.

Banning him from covering our games at Anfield which is essentially what I meant could possibly force Sky's hand.

21 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Me neither. And Im sorry(!) but why are people making excuses for him saying his comments were' clumsy' or not intended? I mean WTF? We've been fighting the narrative over Hillsborough since 1989.

Despite 2 inquiries, FA and Government apologies, (have SYP apologised yet?) we are still fighting the bigots and morons today over it. Only a few months ago in Paris the narrative of Liverpool fans, hooligans and Hillsborough were used again to deflect the blame onto us.

Sorry, Hillsborough really affects me. I couldnt even watch Anne because of the haunting memories it would bring back.

That stain was talking about 30 years of the PL and at a stroke, he linked Hillsborough and us with hoolies. Hillsborough was an FA event not in the Prem so why does he mention it? because it's fucking hard to keep his pretence under cover and not let the mask drop for 30 years, that's fucking why.

Because they were more than likely clumsy and not intended?  And it's not excuses, it's commenting on what I think.  If he comes out and says "sorry if you were offended but I'm entitled to my view" then I'll change that opinion and hammer him.    

The rest of what you've said is 100% right, but doesn't mean what he said wasn't clumsy or not intended.  If it was then we can't just lump him in with McKenzie or Thatcher or Clough or SYP.  That diminishes their purposeful slurs and they hate they have spread.  

Hillsborough is so understandably emotive, but we have to keep our brains switched on in situations like this and not want to go to the worst case immediately.  If he fully apologises for a stupid slip, then people have to be able to move on from that.  We can't live in a world where everything is punishable by death.

• Upvote 3

@dockers_strikeHillsborough of course affects us all in many differents ways - the worst affected of course being anyone who lost loved ones/friends.... It and everything that followed it and still follows it is of such magnitude and is so emotive it is always hard to talk about, think about and even in here type about - as you never know how others may feel, and even thinking about it is horrible....so even typing this i am mindful of upsetting you or anyone else and indeed myself!!

But I do think though on your point you make about "Why has Tyler mentioned it when it was not even a PL game" is not really a fair stick to beat him with here....He talks specifically (and i quote) about 'football' and the 'game generally' when he mentions "Hillsborough and other hooligan related issues'

Don't get me wrong he has made a very poor choice of words to associate/leave it open to interpretation that the two conflate - and that is of course the big issue here - but my view is he seems to have quickly moved to apologise for offence caused and has stated he was not trying to imply Hillsborough was linked to Hooliganism.

A further apology when he next commentates would be in order in my view too.

My view is he is probably genuine on this and he just about gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

He absolutely should be put out to pasture as a commentator though IMO, not because of this incident - just because he is absolutely fucking terrible at his job.

22 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Because they were more than likely clumsy and not intended?  And it's not excuses, it's commenting on what I think.  If he comes out and says "sorry if you were offended but I'm entitled to my view" then I'll change that opinion and hammer him.    

The rest of what you've said is 100% right, but doesn't mean what he said wasn't clumsy or not intended.  If it was then we can't just lump him in with McKenzie or Thatcher or Clough or SYP.  That diminishes their purposeful slurs and they hate they have spread.  

Hillsborough is so understandably emotive, but we have to keep our brains switched on in situations like this and not want to go to the worst case immediately.  If he fully apologises for a stupid slip, then people have to be able to move on from that.  We can't live in a world where everything is punishable by death.

Im sorry to disagree with you Johnny. Tyler isnt some uneducated, unrelated person in my opinion. He's a long time established football commentator. A highly paid and apparently highly thought after one at the top of his game.

He shouldnt be afforded the 'mistake' of it being clumsy. He supposedly knows the trials and tribulations of football. He knows or, should know the history and events of Hillsborough. If he's making clumsy and unintended mistakes in view of that, it's more important than ever he's sacked so he reflects on the circumstances a lot more than he appears to do.

Mistake or intended my arse.

Im out. Ive said enough. this is upsetting me enough and I really dont need it. Sorry if anyone is offended and disagrees.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Christ some of you guys are fast with the pitch fork.

When it suits Tyler and Sky they're just as fast. If a young footballer tweets a stupid statement they'll all pile on his back in the most public way possible. If fans are heard chanting the wrong thing they'll be condemned over and over again by Tyler and all his fellow virtue-signalling hypocrites. Then there's the 'terrible' booing of an anthem. This current 'issue' is just the kind of thing that Tyler would happily shake his head and sneer about if it happened to someone else. It's karma.

His job is to talk quickly on air ('and it's live!') whilst policing himself for dubious remarks. He's not some occasional interviewee who hadn't yet woken up. This is a moral lesson for him, but, as he's never learned from all the previous ones, it won't change him now.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

FB_IMG_1659699739971.jpg

As expected.  There was no way he thought the two were linked.  He's a shite commentator but I very much doubt he's an evil cunt.

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I bet Carra doesn’t say anything as all he’ll get back is “Spitty”. 

There is zero reason for Carragher to get involved in this.  Tyler has been clear that he was not conflating the two, and so Carra coming in to hammer or support Tyler achieves absolutely nothing.  All that'll happen is Carra will get abuse from Mancs/Blue-shite for hammering Tyler, or sections of Liverpool fans for supporting him. He should stay away from this, as should all ex-Reds.

• Upvote 1

He's around forever the senile old cunt. He will have a whole catalogue of references to Hillsborough throughout his career. If he's a denier it won't be hard to put the pieces together. I suspect he's just a senile old cunt that should have been put out to pasture a long time ago that made a mistake.

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Yeah, I've listened to it now.  It'll be a slip of the tongue.  He needs to retract and apologise obviously, as does the BBC presenter for not pulling it up at the time, but lets not go overboard and start accusing him of Hillsborough lies.  I'd be 99.99999% sure he knows the truth and doesn't believe in any way that it was hooliganism.

Tyler is a twat, and a shite, boring commentator.  But I'd be vey surprised if he's a Hillsborough denier. 

That should be what people take from this. As with Adrian Chiles letting Jonathan Goldberg peddle his "evil nonsense", they never, ever, pull someone up over it at the time. You don't have to think it's malicious to find it all very dispiriting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

This is why punctuation is so important. Stick a comma between other and hooligan, and it doesn't conflate the two. Hard to put commas in speech though I guess.

Yes. I've long been waiting for the pause to be invented to clear this kind of thing up. Until that day comes I'm sticking to handing typewritten notes to all I encoiunter.

9 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes. I've long been waiting for the pause to be invented to clear this kind of thing up. Until that day comes I'm sticking to handing typewritten notes to all I encoiunter.

Nay sir, it would be a crying shame if someone who has evidently never made a verbal slip in their entire life would resort to text-based communication alone.

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Just because we don't like the guy (and I don't like the guy) doesn't mean we get to dive in with both feet and assume the worst. 

Both feet, studs up is the minimum the shitstain deserves. He knew he was going on there to talk about the start of the Premier League, so as a very experienced commentator, being prepared, he will have had a number of points he would have wanted to make. Thoughts formulated, and if he knew what was right and appropriate to say, he also knew what wasn't. He would have known that he was going to reference Hillsborough, and so he would also have known in advance to steer well clear of saying anything that could be possibly taken the wrong way. He is experienced enough to be able to change his form of words midway if he felt that thought coming, knowing it was wrong. Thirty plus years, and people with huge platforms are still making 'mistakes'.

A word, and a stone, once cast cannot be recalled. 

• Upvote 2