You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Motherfucking Tyler

redinblack

I had Martin Tyler fatigue, I was so fed up with his 'commentary' that I'd gone beyond hating him.

Needless to say that has changed today. Hopefully he is torn apart online & the club make an official complaint to his employers about him.

The man is a fucking disgrace.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don't think he was actually trying to conflate the two, but that's very clumsy at best. He's a twat anyway, but I don't *think* he was deliberately trying to say what it looks like he said. He should clarify and apologise though. 

Yeah, I've listened to it now.  It'll be a slip of the tongue.  He needs to retract and apologise obviously, as does the BBC presenter for not pulling it up at the time, but lets not go overboard and start accusing him of Hillsborough lies.  I'd be 99.99999% sure he knows the truth and doesn't believe in any way that it was hooliganism.

Tyler is a twat, and a shite, boring commentator.  But I'd be vey surprised if he's a Hillsborough denier. 

• Upvote 11

While I agree it sounds clumsy more than intentional I'm not sure it's an excuse.

He's paid very well to communicate as a profession, he has a large platform to to do that on, and the laziness in bringing up the subject will have, again, poured fuel on the fire for those who genuinely refuse to accept the reality of what happened.

Fuck him off.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

While I agree it sounds clumsy more than intentional I'm not sure it's an excuse.

He's paid very well to communicate as a profession, he has a large platform to to do that on, and the laziness in bringing up the subject will have, again, poured fuel on the fire for those who genuinely refuse to accept the reality of what happened.

Fuck him off.

I agree that the problem with comments like his is they fuel the fire of the deniers.  So he absolutely needs to clarify and apologise, although the damage will be done already by his stupid error. And people are rightly angry. They should be.

But I really hate this general world attitude that people can't make mistakes just because they are paid well, or in a job where they speak?  Like that somehow gives them the ability to never err again?.  And one of the reasons I hate it (aside from the obvious human one) is if Klopp, an extremely accomplished communicator, inadvertently said something offensive, we'd all be on here demanding everyone accept it was just a mistake.  Just because we don't like the guy (and I don't like the guy) doesn't mean we get to dive in with both feet and assume the worst. 

I hate the modern world of how we are all lining up to slaughter and hate someone and forgiveness just isn't an option without a head rolling. 

If he comes back and properly apologies and clarifies (i.e. not a "sorry if you were offended", but a proper confirmation he knows Hillsborough wasn't hooliganism, and it was just an error) for what I suspect is a genuine slip of the tongue, then that should be that.  Lets just go back to hating his crap commentary.  

• Upvote 11

7 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yeah, maybe it was an isolated incident, like his 'all lives matter' was, and the next one will be.

He's a dinosaur that should have been fucked off ages ago regardless not just because of this.

Absolutely he should, I'm just saying he probably wasn't being *that much* of a cunt, just a regular normal-sized cunt like he normally is. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Not sure who he's apologised to.

I'd prefer a clearer and more rigorous correction rather than just an apology along the lines of 'We are sorry we referred to our big-nosed guest as "Big Nose"'. The point that sadly many still need educating about is that a lie keeps being repeated, either deliberately or accidentally. 

Just read about this in the Echo. Given that stain's commentary on our games, Im not the least bit surprised that the pretence for impartiality and mask he has regarding all things Liverpool FC, has finally slipped after 30 years.

Hillsborough wasnt even a Premier League issue so why he links it to 30 years of the PL proves his underlying agenda.

I feel a complaint to Sky Sports coming on. Anyone know an email address to send complaints to Sky Sports? We may finally see off this utter charalatan if we all complain.

If you want to get something trending on twatter this is Sky Sports handle @SkySports

51 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Yeah, maybe it was an isolated incident, like his 'all lives matter' was, and the next one will be.

He's a dinosaur that should have been fucked off ages ago regardless not just because of this.

Jesus, did he do an "all lives matter"?  Fucking hell.

32 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I'd prefer a clearer and more rigorous correction rather than just an apology along the lines of 'We are sorry we referred to our big-nosed guest as "Big Nose"'. The point that sadly many still need educating about is that a lie keeps being repeated, either deliberately or accidentally. 

If he's any sense, he'll do a short piece to camera (mobile phone, or whatever) to explain and apologise.  This isn't something he can just leave to the BBC to apologise for.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Not sure who he's apologised to.

Me neither. And Im sorry(!) but why are people making excuses for him saying his comments were' clumsy' or not intended? I mean WTF? We've been fighting the narrative over Hillsborough since 1989.

Despite 2 inquiries, FA and Government apologies, (have SYP apologised yet?) we are still fighting the bigots and morons today over it. Only a few months ago in Paris the narrative of Liverpool fans, hooligans and Hillsborough were used again to deflect the blame onto us.

Sorry, Hillsborough really affects me. I couldnt even watch Anne because of the haunting memories it would bring back.

That stain was talking about 30 years of the PL and at a stroke, he linked Hillsborough and us with hoolies. Hillsborough was an FA event not in the Prem so why does he mention it? because it's fucking hard to keep his pretence under cover and not let the mask drop for 30 years, that's fucking why.

• Upvote 5