You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Sat 6th Aug 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

I'd be starting Milner and Nunez in the next game for sure. Tsimikas too if he's fit. Fulham looked fitter and sharper than us, looked like we hadn't done anywhere near enough in preseason.

No clue why that pen is even being talked about as controversial, Virgil goes across him, doesn't get the ball, and makes contact. Yeah maybe not very much contact but that doesn't matter in today's game, if you put a leg across like that you have to get the ball and Virgil didn't.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Trent putting in one of his usual forgetting how to do anything basic while constantly playing Hollywood balls performances, looks great one in every three games, looks terrible in at least one of the other two.

Spot on. I've been thinking similar for a while. Poor on the first goal today. He was also poor on the City goal last week. And he was poor on the Madrid goal in the CL final. 

Woeful all over the pitch today.

Allison, should have saved the 1st and kicking was shite,

Trent, must have conceded possession at least 10 times 

VVD, kept trying the diagonal 40 yarder and don’t think it came off once 

Matip, At fault for the 2nd with a misplaced pass which happened on a few occasions.

Fab, Henderson, Thiago, all 3 were awful constantly giving the ball away. 

Firmino, did fuck all and shouldn’t start over Nunez again. 

Ref = shit cunt 

Played poorly and got a draw against a team that will probably get relegated at the end of the season. 37 games to go and we will not play as badly as today in any of them.

Good to see everyone is keeping things in perspective and not demanding we buy three midfielders, four strikers and a couple of back up central defenders to counter our lack of creativity, goalscoring power and defensive fragility. The football's back!

Every team will be out to perform against Us & City. Fulham played well, but we looked very lethargic first half. We may have been looking to sneak an easy win w/o too much effort, knowing how the injuries are already stacking up, but it was never going to work against a fired up Fulham. Thiago now pulling up, means we have to play a different game with a substitute. Could be Naby’s chance to prove his worth with a string of games.

Once Darwin came on we looked so much more dangerous up front and already Mo and he are clicking. 
I personally don’t think VVD’s tackle warranted a penalty, but it stopped our momentum n its tracks and turned the game away from us just as we were firing up for the three points.

A deserved draw. Anyone that thinks we didn’t deserve a draw doesn’t get our ability to conjure a goal out of team synergy. We need to be out of the blocks a lot quicker and after today, I think we’ll respond. Nunez has terrific impact from the bench, and I’m not giving up on Bobby after the first opener.

Oh and Mo is a fucking Legend. Six yrs, six goals in six starters. Did he just equal Owen?
City wont have it all their way, and this season may be wide open. We can only improve and Jurgen will not let the squad rest in their laurels.

1 minute ago, torahboy said:

Played poorly and got a draw against a team that will probably get relegated at the end of the season. 37 games to go and we will not play as badly as today in any of them.

Good to see everyone is keeping things in perspective and not demanding we buy three midfielders, four strikers and a couple of back up central defenders to counter our lack of creativity, goalscoring power and defensive fragility. The football's back!

You happy with the midfield? Do you think the manager really is mate, really?

I genuinely couldn't believe how bad we were for large chunks of that game. So many players just doing inexplicable things. The midfield seemed to be having a competition to see who could overhit the most passes, Trent didn't seem to be able to do a thing right, and even Van Dijk ended up being rash in the sort of situation he's usually so in control of. We were fortunate not to go 2 down when they hit the post, but once we got level we suddenly seemed to be carving them open with ease and really should have been in front. Then yet another sloppy pass put us in trouble (I think it was Matip that time), and we ended up conceding the penalty. It looked pretty soft and he was definitely looking for it, but there just wasn't really any reason for van Dijk to dive in like that. He had cover. 

There seemed to be long reviews after both of our goals and whilst they reviewed the penalty, yet only 5 minutes of injury time. It probably wouldn't have made much difference as we were disappointing again after the second equalizer. I thought we'd lay siege to their goal but the game just got really scrappy with loads of stoppages. The ref didn't help in that respect as suddenly he was blowing up for everything after letting Fulham be really physical for the entire game. But ultimately we've no one to blame but ourselves. We just didn't look right from the very first whistle and apart from that 1 dominant spell just before and after Nunez's goal we just looked nothing like our usual selves. I didn't see this coming at all after we were so good last week and it's just not the sort of fixture we can afford to drop points in. We all bemoaned some of the silly points dropped in the first half of last season and this is every bit as bad - maybe even worse if Fulham end up being as bad as they were in their last couple of premier league campaigns.

Let's just go with Nunez from the start from now on. It's just sad to watch Firmino these days.

Disgraceful performance. Gutted as I was able to fly back home to the UK to watch this too as my cousin is a Fulham fan. Suffice to say he had a great day. 

If there’s still anybody on here who doesn’t think we need a midfielder we should point them to the insane asylum. We were desperate for a 36 year old Milner to be the catalyst for a turnaround. 

4 weeks left, put your hand in your fucking pocket and buy the midfielder we’ve needed for 2 years now. 

9 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

We never play well with these early kick offs do we? 

Anyhow that might be the kick in the hole the club needs to buy a midfielder and not be so bloody cocky and complacent. 

I don't think it will make any difference.

We aren't signing a new midfielder this summer unless one of our targets becomes available at short notice which seems unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Thiago and Fabinho are both class players but they're both so fucking slow. Watching them looks like they're both wading through treacle.

Fuck Bellingham off, get 2 top class midfielders in now.

I agree with you, but they are wanting to control and feed, as opposed to ‘cut & thrust’ and it took us a long way last season. I sometimes wish we busted through the middle more, but Robbo & Trent are a huge part of our buildup.