You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Sat 6th Aug 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

6 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Mate, we barely ever see this type of performance from the team. That’s why it’s such a shock and disappointment when it does happen.

Brighton at home

West ham away

Brentford away 

Leicester away

2 shit draws and 2 losses. Similar games. Out battles, out fought, out played by lesser teams. 

That's last season off the top of my head 4/38 games so around 10% of our league games. 

I've not included Spurs at home though that was similar. 

I don't want to be a stat wanker but we've seen this from our team before and these seemingly tiny dips in performance have a huge impact at the end of the season. It's just frustrating, yesterday really took the wind out of my sails. 

14 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Well it's the next day. That was fucking awful. A really bad performance from a lot of players, first half Fulham made us look like a championship side. The attitude was off it felt there was no fight or intensity. The midfield wasn't there. They really need to bounce back from that performance because it was that bad it was slightly concerning. Hopefully it's a one off kick up the arse. Fabinho was so bad it was bizarre.

It was wank

4 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Brighton at home

West ham away

Brentford away 

Leicester away

2 shit draws and 2 losses. Similar games. Out battles, out fought, out played by lesser teams. 

That's last season off the top of my head 4/38 games so around 10% of our league games. 

I don't want to be a stat wanker but we've seen this from our team before and these seemingly tiny dips in performance have a huge impact at the end of the season. It's just frustrating, yesterday really took the wind out of my sails. 

Thing is that is or at least was totally normal and would usually be no problem.

Even our great sides of the 70's and 80's had a few a season were they were poor and not at it and dropped pts...more than this team does.

Ferguson's dominant manc teams lost 6 games a season often and drew plenty...

Problem is it is seen as 'unacceptable' now to have a handful of off days because of where the cheats have moved the bar to.

It is fucking madness.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

Thing is that is or at least was totally normal and would usually be no problem.

Even our great sides of the 70's and 80's had a few a season were they were poor and not at it and dropped pts...more than this team does.

Ferguson's dominant manc teams lost 6 games a season often and drew plenty...

Problem is it is seen as 'unacceptable' now to have a handful of off days because of where the cheats have moved the bar to.

It is fucking madness.

It's lethal, not acceptable. Even those slips cost titles. I agree it's fucking madness 

6 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Brighton at home

West ham away

Brentford away 

Leicester away

Yeah I get that it’s really frustrating, but as @an tha says we should be able to cope with a disappointing draw.

This was basically our standard performance for 20 years.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I heard on a podcast that we've conceded first in 7 out of our last 9 competitive games. That's more than a malaise or poor attitude. If a team goes for us in the first 10 minutes it's like we are punch drunk for the next 20.  

Fulham pressed us hard in the first part of the game and we didn't know what to do. The worst part is you can't even say teams are sitting back all game and just defending. It's come out front foot, try to score first, then go more into a defensive shape. For whatever reason, we are not ready for it. 

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I heard on a podcast that we've conceded first in 7 out of our last 9 competitive games. That's more than a malaise or poor attitude. If a team goes for us in the first 10 minutes it's like we are punch drunk for the next 20.  

Further to this....

As you say we have gone 1-0 down in 7 of our last 9 games in all competitions now - and in each of our last 5 league games.

On 4 of those occasions we have conceded the opening goal within the first 15 minutes.

Even though we have mostly recovered, starting slow is becoming a habit that needs breaking.

• 2 weeks later...