You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Sat 6th Aug 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

22 hours ago, A_S said:

But on the flip side, they'll also have a go and not be cowering with everyone behind the ball. 

It'd be nice to get a few goals up and get Carvalho on towards the end of the match. It will get his first-game nerves and playing against his old team out of the way in one hit. 

Yeah

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Some injury list already

Jota

Kelleher

Keita 

Jones 

Konate

Tsimikas

Oxlaide Chamberlain 

This is most of the team that would be playing in that friendly vs Villa on Sunday….. which seems to be a bit pointless now, if it’s still going ahead.

54 minutes ago, DaveT said:

This is most of the team that would be playing in that friendly vs Villa on Sunday….. which seems to be a bit pointless now, if it’s still going ahead.

My Mum mentioned a friendly v Villa and I had no idea and just thought it was her doddering old 83 year old mind playing tricks on her. I owe her an apology and the club deserve a 'What the fuck are they thinking?' A first warm up game against Man U on the other side of the world,a friendly the day after the Community Shield and a friendly the day after our first PL game? Somebody is not planning rationally here.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Some injury list already

Jota

Kelleher

Keita 

Jones 

Konate

Tsimikas

Oxlaide Chamberlain 

Definitely seems worse than other pre-seasons. It’s debatable whether any would be in our starting XI anyway (Konaté would have a good shout) but far from ideal with the new five subs limit. 

Still not feeling it....last season was so draining and although the two cups and days out at wembley were boss and we are boss - it ultimately ended miserably, especially what went on in Paris - that was a horrible experience and soured things a lot.

It is also as previously said so draining and dispiriting knowing week after week you have to be almost perfect...any dropped pts are a disaster and no matter how good are (getting pts totals that beat any teams in history) it is highly likely not going to be enough.

Maybe once it all gets going will feel it - but it all feels to soon to me.

This stopping for a month for world cup shite is really shite too!

11 hours ago, an tha said:

Still not feeling it....last season was so draining and although the two cups and days out at wembley were boss and we are boss - it ultimately ended miserably, especially what went on in Paris - that was a horrible experience and soured things a lot.

It is also as previously said so draining and dispiriting knowing week after week you have to be almost perfect...any dropped pts are a disaster and no matter how good are (getting pts totals that beat any teams in history) it is highly likely not going to be enough.

Maybe once it all gets going will feel it - but it all feels to soon to me.

This stopping for a month for world cup shite is really shite too!

Few goals win today, it'll all feel good. I'm not sure we'll have to be perfect like other seasons. I don't think City are as strong and will feel it more if silva leaves.

Fucking love the first game of the season. A sunny day, I’m full of optimism. That may well be a dislodged Prozac kicking in but this team are mentality monsters and have a point to prove. They are going to play like angry red waspy bastards and with Nunez galloping on to everything that moves like a sexy semi-psychotic centaur it promises at the very least to be quite a spectacle indeed. I understand some are still feeling jaded but this team can handle it and then so should we. Come on you red men.

• Upvote 6