You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - Community Shield, Sat 30th Jul 2022 (5:00pm)

Trumo

14 hours ago, thechap said:

Really? As you seem to understand the logic of my statement, explain it then as you understand it.

On my original point, it's not just Liverpool fans who the whole country will despise, its people from Liverpool. Scousers will inevitably get knocked about over this. 

I'm sure over the years there have been discussions on here about how the moronic booing of other countries' anthems makes the world hate the British/English and how that hate would be deserved. Well, you're now wearing that tag. The whole country will be hating scousers and those who booed the anthem or agree with the booing will whinge about how no-one likes scousers and about how scousers are victimised. 

Well done.

The biggest problem with your stance is the assumption that "people who booed the anthem or agree with the booing will whinge how no-one like Scousers and about how Scousers are victimised"

I boo it every single time it is played at a game i attend - and i boo it loudly and with real feeling - I hate it and everything it stands for/represents and i feel booing it is a perfectly reasonable way of showing my disdain for it and what it represents.......

I don't give a toss what anyone else thinks about me doing so and i certainly won't "whinge" about how "no-one likes scousers or how we are victimised"

So your assumption/generalisation is wrong in my case and in no doubt many, many others cases.

You also stated in one of your posts that people can't moan if they get called gobshites for booing it....my point to you was that by same token you can't moan if i call you a gobshite for your stance on the matter and how you have expressed it here.

• Upvote 1